Forums / Community / General Discussion

For Halo Collectors what should they release?

OP Hakuru15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As halo fans there's a lot of us who collect, whether it's action figures, statues, merchandise, posters and many many more. So in another 6 months for 2020, what should 343, the marketing team and whatever companies they're issuing to release? I'm still waiting what they'll do with a halo limited edition, would it be a halo xbox series x? a helmet statue? Or could it be more? I'm also very excited to collect new mega construx vehicle sets a long way including the new mini figs that we recently saw including the Nerf guns, I would love to get my hands on that assault rifle. So as fans, what do you think they should release?
I don't really have any interesting in collecting Halo merchandise as it doesn't give any enjoyment factor, it's similar to collecting coins or stamps but much more difficult to store in the long term. However, one interesting collectible could be a reward in Halo Infinite for completing Halo 5 LASO without being revived, dying or using save and quit in the middle of a mission.
I would love a limited edition console more than anything, however I wouldn't mind a statue of the Master Chief and Cortana as the Legendary Edition.
I can do without action figures.

I'd like an art book. Some of the artwork for Halo is absolutely gorgeous. A nice, hardcover $50 collector's artwork book would be fantastic.
A fully detailed technological manual, covering the inner workings of most UNSC vehicles. Just...compile all the stuff they've put out elsewhere and stick it in one handy dandy guide.

Like Star Wars's old Essential Guides.

I would also love a Gears Lancer-style prop. Full scale MA5, BR, or maybe something really cool like a SAW.
Something SOLID mind you, again like the Lancer props, which you can move around and really have some heft to em. Not like the Gjhallahorn replica they had at Gamestop that was like 2/3rds as big as it should be and was flimsy.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I would love to see the Halo Franchise getting an art book especially from Titan Books.

I really want to see all of the concept arts and storyboards from Halo Reach, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, Halo Wars 1, Halo Wars 2, Halo 5: Guardians and Halo Infinite in an art book.
I'd love to see more high quality collectibles like the pieces from Sideshow Collectibles - Master Chief, Red Team Leader, and Blue Team Leader. I'd be super excited to see a high quality line of busts as well, similar to the Halo One2One busts that came out in 2009. I'd love to see a second series of the Halo Backpack Hangers as well.
Hakuru15 wrote:
As halo fans there's a lot of us who collect, whether it's action figures, statues, merchandise, posters and many many more. So in another 6 months for 2020, what should 343, the marketing team and whatever companies they're issuing to release? I'm still waiting what they'll do with a halo limited edition, would it be a halo xbox series x? a helmet statue? Or could it be more? I'm also very excited to collect new mega construx vehicle sets a long way including the new mini figs that we recently saw including the Nerf guns, I would love to get my hands on that assault rifle. So as fans, what do you think they should release?
I would love to see more mcfarlene action figures and i like the idea of the helmet.
I'd love a highly detailed wearable helmet of his Gen3 MkVI. I have the Doom Eternal Helmet from the collectors edition and it's giant and amazing, I'd love to get one from Halo as well, lights and LEDs and all.

Plus maybe some stuff similar to the Reach Legendary edition with all the lore stuff and the journal. Something like that related to the game would be cool. Along with a poster and other standard collectors edition content would be cool too, like a download of the OST.
i'd love a revival of the Reach series of McFarlane figures. Those were very detailed and had a good weight to them, and articulate to boot.
I’ve always wanted a statue of a Halo ring roughly the size of the Reach collectors edition statue. What better time to make one than a statue of installation 07 to release with Infinite
They should breed engineers. They'd probably be really expensive, but it'd be great to have one of the cut gas bags as a pet.
I would love a headset and controller.
Not sure if you Spartans remember the Halo2 headset. But I sure do.
Make these. With a limited edition console.

I'd like an art book. Some of the artwork for Halo is absolutely gorgeous. A nice, hardcover $50 collector's artwork book would be fantastic.
Definitely! I really hope its a completed art book as much as i love Halo 5's Official Artbook there were a lot of cool cut artworks that were cut out and you can see them on the original artists artstation, like for example there was a cut artwork of covenant hybrid with promethean technology
Hakuru15 wrote:

Definitely! I really hope its a completed art book as much as i love Halo 5's Official Artbook there were a lot of cool cut artworks that were cut out and you can see them on the original artists artstation, like for example there was a cut artwork of covenant hybrid with promethean technology
actually in fact on amazon you can actually pre order the halo infinite artbook! It's also official from 343!
A fully detailed technological manual, covering the inner workings of most UNSC vehicles. Just...compile all the stuff they've put out elsewhere and stick it in one handy dandy guide.

Like Star Wars's old Essential Guides.

I would also love a Gears Lancer-style prop. Full scale MA5, BR, or maybe something really cool like a SAW.
Something SOLID mind you, again like the Lancer props, which you can move around and really have some heft to em. Not like the Gjhallahorn replica they had at Gamestop that was like 2/3rds as big as it should be and was flimsy.
Most definitely! I'd love that too!!!I'm pretty excited to buy a hardcover of their Prima game guide series
I would love to see the Halo Franchise getting an art book especially from Titan Books.

I really want to see all of the concept arts and storyboards from Halo Reach, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, Halo Wars 1, Halo Wars 2, Halo 5: Guardians and Halo Infinite in an art book.
Damn all into one huh? I feel like that would have to be in volumns. I own all the halo art books and the one artbook that has pretty much all of the halo bungie era artbooks is the world of halo.
iNecessary wrote:
Hakuru15 wrote:
I would love to see more mcfarlene action figures and i like the idea of the helmet.
unfortunately that company stopped making them as much as i love collecting mcfarlane action figures and yes i have quite a lot of halo mcfarlane stuff, I really, really wish they can improve on their articulation if they ever got called up to make halo action figures they need to step up their game on articulation. Their work on the halo 5 guardian's action figures were atrocious. For example Spartan Locke, you can't even hold his guns with BOTH HANDS. I tried. and for some reason Robot Chicken that did an ad on halo 5 manage to somehow got him to hold with both hands (i assume they had to cut out bits and pieces) and his legs can't even bend. I literally tried bending them and they are stiff as a rock in fact the thigh area is all ball joints in the worst possible areas ever to even attempt moving. I manage to make Buck hold his Hydra and that took a bit of effort.
Hakuru15 wrote:
iNecessary wrote:
Hakuru15 wrote:
unfortunately that company stopped making them as much as i love collecting mcfarlane action figures and yes i have quite a lot of halo mcfarlane stuff, I really, really wish they can improve on their articulation if they ever got called up to make halo action figures they need to step up their game on articulation. Their work on the halo 5 guardian's action figures were atrocious. For example Spartan Locke, you can't even hold his guns with BOTH HANDS. I tried. and for some reason Robot Chicken that did an ad on halo 5 manage to somehow got him to hold with both hands (i assume they had to cut out bits and pieces) and his legs can't even bend. I literally tried bending them and they are stiff as a rock in fact the thigh area is all ball joints in the worst possible areas ever to even attempt moving. I manage to make Buck hold his Hydra and that took a bit of effort.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Voyagerin wrote:
i'd love a revival of the Reach series of McFarlane figures. Those were very detailed and had a good weight to them, and articulate to boot.
except for the arms, those arms were always blocked by the elbows i kinda wish they used better hinge joints for double articulation, heck the halo 3 mcfarlane's can do a better 90 degree elbow bend than the reach's one. That said there's still a lot of room of improvement and i own quite a lot of halo mcfarlane figures. I also wish they used double hinge joints for the legs too as the knees couldn't really bend at a proper 90 degree angle as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2