Forums / Community / General Discussion

GG, Microsoft, you guys easily won E3, no contest.

OP TFClassicSteam

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Bethesda was an utter joke, Nintendo was nearly 100% weird JRPG crud, Sony had nothing to show, and EA isn't something anyone would want to mention.

Your Game Pass on PC is pretty dang awesome, the games you announced looked cool, and CyberPunk 2077 being show off at your conference was one of the best PR moves you've done in years.

Bravo!
Idk, Doom eternal and the destroy all humans remake will be pretty sweet once they're ready, but they really can't compare to Halo.
Idk, Doom eternal and the destroy all humans remake will be pretty sweet once they're ready, but they really can't compare to Halo.
Doom Eternal was really underwhelming compared to last year, and no Deathmatch mode was announced...

As for Destroy all Humans, that's not exactly a really high-profile announcement in comparison.
Yeah alot of people are saying that miscrosoft won E3, myself included
Microsoft and Square Enix both won E3 for me this year, none of the other presentations gave me any hype honestly.
Nintendo was nearly 100% weird JRPG crud
True although revealing that Breath of the Wild 2 is in development was a pretty huge deal, if you ask me...
I was pretty underwhelmed with the conference honestly. In my opinion they focus too much on quantity and not enough on quality. Too many trailers and not enough gameplay for me. Next year I'd really like it if they took a handful of their biggest games and demo'd them instead of just spamming trailers making it kinda hard to get hype for anything. My two most anticipated things I was hoping for was a big Infinite info dump which we didn't get even though the trailer was awesome, and a campaign demo of Gears 5, which instead we got a CGI trailer for a mode lol I also was really hoping to see that open world RPG from Playground but I guess that's still quite a ways off.
Regice554 wrote:
No question.
Regice554 wrote:
No question.
Between E3 overall and the console lineup, I think Microsoft might be making the next gen console that many people consider buying. Of course, they're also focusing on grabbing the PC market a little stronger now too, but I think its a good move overall.
Just curious, is the PS4 still the best selling console? Do we think MSFT will be able to out compete?

I really liked Phil Spencer's comments about "respecting" purchases that people have made in the past; that's the kind of service that makes a difference.
Nintendo was nearly 100% weird JRPG crud
True although revealing that Breath of the Wild 2 is in development was a pretty huge deal, if you ask me...
True, but we don't know anything about it, and other Nintendo IP's deserve more attention....
Microsoft have done a great e3
True, but we don't know anything about it, and other Nintendo IP's deserve more attention....
No kidding. Every June for the rest of my life, I'll probably be thinking, "Maybe THIS will the year they announce a new F-Zero at E3, and/or decide to focus on Wario Land instead of just stupid Wario Ware. But probably not" 😒

In any case, E3 2020 is gonna be awesome. We'll be getting solid info about Halo Infinite, plus probably more about Breath of the Wild 2 and also Metroid Prime 4, if we're lucky. Can't wait!
Rockstar uses the same marketing timeline when releasing trailers related to their games, does anyone know if 343i does the same thing? Will they follow a predetermined schedule for releasing content?
Microsoft had an amazing E3. Sony did not have much to show for their presentation.
Loved e3 Microsoft easy win
WGID wrote:
Microsoft had an amazing E3. Sony did not have much to show for their presentation.
Lol, Sony couldn't show up even if they had wanted to, otherwise they'd have to explain why all those games they promised their fans still aren't out yet!
Halo MCC on PC and Cyberpunk 2077 are going to be great. About time games on PC are being done as a work of art and not just some live service nonsense like with EA and Bethesda. Can't wait.
Things are looking string for both Microsoft and Halo. This E3 was a godsend. They absolutely smashed it!
KEANUUUUUU
KEANU REEEEEVVVEEEESSSS
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2