Forums / Community / General Discussion

H3A Xbox One Scorpio Launch Title

OP INSANE GRAPE 43

I was looking up stuff on the Xbox One Scorpio last night and it got me thinking, if they want a lot of people to upgrade to it, then a great way to get people to buy it would be to have a great set of games at launch. Then I remembered it was coming in 2017, and I thought what games could they have, then it hit me. Everyone loves Halo 3, most people say it's their favourite one. If we are to get a Halo 3: Anniversary, it'll come late 2017.

So, maybe they could release Halo 3: Anniversary as a launch title for the Scorpio, I think that would get them a lot of sales. What do you guys think?
Being someone who's literally just got an xbox one a couple of weeks ago mainly to play Halo MCC and Halo 5, I'm ok with this idea just as long as they release it on the standard xbox one as well, I'm not forking out another £300 or however expensive it is every time they release a new Halo game, no thank you XD
Tazmun wrote:
Being someone who's literally just got an xbox one a couple of weeks ago mainly to play Halo MCC and Halo 5, I'm ok with this idea just as long as they release it on the standard xbox one as well, I'm not forking out another £300 or however expensive it is every time they release a new Halo game, no thank you XD
I believe Microsoft said they were going to try something where you can trade in your Xbox One to get a discount on the Scorpio. They probably will release it on the regular Xbox One, but it won't look nearly as good, and may not include all the features, like maybe multiplayer only or something. Or it just won't be able to swap back to classic graphics
That sounds like a terrible idea, they'd lose loads of fans, not everyone can just get a new xbox whenever Microsoft want them to, a discount is fair enough but still, will still have to pay £100 or whatever towards the new xbox, it's taken me 2 years to finally get round to getting an xbox one, was gonna buy one when MCC was released but things didn't work out :s I doubt the new one is gonna be that much more powerful than the current one, they always say it's gonna be a massive difference but it's like when the slim 360 came out, I noticed a few slight changes, it was slightly faster and what not but all in all apart from physical differences it was pretty much the same as the standard 360s
Tazmun wrote:
That sounds like a terrible idea, they'd lose loads of fans, not everyone can just get a new xbox whenever Microsoft want them to, a discount is fair enough but still, will still have to pay £100 or whatever towards the new xbox, it's taken me 2 years to finally get round to getting an xbox one, was gonna buy one when MCC was released but things didn't work out :s I doubt the new one is gonna be that much more powerful than the current one, they always say it's gonna be a massive difference but it's like when the slim 360 came out, I noticed a few slight changes, it was slightly faster and what not but all in all apart from physical differences it was pretty much the same as the standard 360s
The Xbox One runs 1.31 teraflops, the Scorpio will run 6 teraflops. It IS a LOT faster.

Let's say the Scorpio costs $500/£380 the discount will make it around $300/£226.

We have no idea on the price yet, but I highly doubt it'll be higher than $500/£380
Tazmun wrote:
The Xbox One runs 1.31 teraflops, the Scorpio will run 6 teraflops. It IS a LOT faster.

Let's say the Scorpio costs $500/£380 the discount will make it around $300/£226.

We have no idea on the price yet, but I highly doubt it'll be higher than $500/£380
The Xbox One started out at $400-$500. The Scorpio will definitely be higher.
Tazmun wrote:

The Xbox One started out at $400-$500. The Scorpio will definitely be higher.
I looked up something about price, it said around that so I just put that there, I think it'll be higher but I don't know by how much so I just used that
I read an article after E3 that had pricing for the CPU and other internal components needed to reach the 6 teraflops as proposed. The cost was like $800+. But to be fair, the cost is based on 2016 prices and not future prices.

I think if Microsoft wants to be competitive, they need to keep their price in the $500-550 range, especially since this isn't a next generation console, just a mid-cycle console.
I read an article after E3 that had pricing for the CPU and other internal components needed to reach the 6 teraflops as proposed. The cost was like $800+. But to be fair, the cost is based on 2016 prices and not future prices.

I think if Microsoft wants to be competitive, they need to keep their price in the $500-550 range, especially since this isn't a next generation console, just a mid-cycle console.
Yeah, even with the discount for trading in the regular X1, if it's too high like the X1 at launch, they won't get as many customers as they'd hope.
Great idea. And with the Scorpio's power it should be able to have 60fps and splitscreen unlike H5.

Yeah, even with the discount for trading in the regular X1, if it's too high like the X1 at launch, they won't get as many customers as they'd hope.
There's going to be a trade in I heard for your Xbox one for the Scorpio that makes the Scorpio 200 dollars cheaper and I just read a article that is going to be 600$.
It probably would generate sales. I wouldn't buy it, though, much as a I love Halo 3.
Great idea. And with the Scorpio's power it should be able to have 60fps and splitscreen unlike H5.
Yeah I agree with that

There's going to be a trade in I heard for your Xbox one for the Scorpio that makes the Scorpio 200 dollars cheaper and I just read a article that is going to be 600$.
I read the trade in one but that's not the price one I read, but it was from a while ago