Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Halo 3 Backwards compatibility Coming!

OP Prophet of Ark

Hey guys Prophet of Ark here! So if you guys haven't seen yet Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST will be coming to the Xbox One! I do have a screenshot of it but I don't know how post or link pictures to the forums. However I'm certain you kind find videos on it! Personally I'm so excited for this, I played some Halo 3 on the 360 today and my goodness! The hit detection is so much better than the Halo 3 port on Halo MCC. Anyways let me know if you guys are excited! Hope you guys have a wonderful day!
I don't believe any Backwards Compatibility announcements till it comes directly from an Xbox official as a official announcement
I don't believe any Backwards Compatibility announcements till it comes directly from an Xbox official as a official announcement
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uwp1G35h8E
Hopefully that link works, if not go to Mythic Tyrants channel.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uwp1G35h8E
The last time games showed up like that it was a long while before those got added into Backwards Compatibility.
I've been watching the patterns of the BC program announcements and have noticed a few obvious and less obvious ways it develops.
1. Major Nelson announces the BC games only on Tuesdays & Thursdays
2. If Xbox or MS launches anything else there will not be any BC game added on that day or week
3. The Biggest BC games launch all by themselves
4. Some BC games come in one whole install Game & DLC with the separate DLC files converted into pass keys while other games install virtually no different than their 360 install setup
5. Some BC games have a much larger install size than their 360 counter part, most likely due to needing more emulator tweaking
6. The selection process for Backwards Compatibility is completely at the mercy of Publishers, Developers, any other licensing issues with the games, and then the last hurdle is actually the technical end which is most likely the easiest part of the process.
7. Last of all there seems to be a few game series in which the games added to BC without regard to any chronological order or worst they just added the middle game and haven't added the first or last yet

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
I'm waiting for an official Xbox announcement.
Moreover most of these videos that are based on something unofficial have been wrong nearly every time.
If you pause the video at about 1:05 you can clearly see H3, ODST and Ninja Gaiden in the games scrolling.
Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
Moreover most of these videos that are based on something unofficial have been wrong nearly every time.
Woah guys? C'mon seriously? Why would they show this at E3 then? Microsoft put this in there for gamers like us to see! This isn't fake, you can see it in the live stream too. I'm certain we will get announcement about it, I believe this was a little hidden thing for us. It just wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to do this and say it's not happening. It's going happen.
Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
If you pause the video at about 1:05 you can clearly see H3, ODST and Ninja Gaiden in the games scrolling.
The exact same thing happened at E3 2015 when they released backwards compatibility. Just because they use the game (H3) for marketing does not mean its on the list. Nothing is real until they confirm it. Certainly not after something like this, we've already been down this road. Here's reality, we get halo wars 2 DLC that's not apart of the season pass so have fun buying that. The only thing this company did that was honest was publicly say we'd get no H3A, and to stop asking.
Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
Woah guys? C'mon seriously? Why would they show this at E3 then? Microsoft put this in there for gamers like us to see! This isn't fake, you can see it in the live stream too. I'm certain we will get announcement about it, I believe this was a little hidden thing for us. It just wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to do this and say it's not happening. It's going happen.
E3 2015. Same thing happened. No H3.
Boxr wrote:
Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
The exact same thing happened at E3 2015 when they released backwards compatibility. Just because they use the game (H3) for marketing does not mean its on the list. Nothing is real until they confirm it. Certainly not after something like this, we've already been down this road. Here's reality, we get halo wars 2 DLC that's not apart of the season pass so have fun buying that. The only thing this company did that was honest was publicly say we'd get no H3A, and to stop asking.
Hmmm, this is interesting. I found Halo CEA and Halo 3 ODST, I didn't see Halo 3 but I'm sure it's there, well dang. I didn't know this thanks for pointing that out. Man I was really excited, maybe it can still happen. Also I'm disappointed that season passers don't get Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare DLC.
Boxr wrote:
Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
Hmmm, this is interesting. I found Halo CEA and Halo 3 ODST, I didn't see Halo 3 but I'm sure it's there, well dang. I didn't know this thanks for pointing that out. Man I was really excited, maybe it can still happen. Also I'm disappointed that season passers don't get Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare DLC.
If I had to define 343i with one word it would be "disappointment". They're free to do what they want, and that just happens to be kill the franchise. (anyone that disagrees please compare to older halos, the community is dying/dead)
Boxr wrote:
Boxr wrote:
Unknown wrote:
I don't believe it.
If I had to define 343i with one word it would be "disappointment". They're free to do what they want, and that just happens to be kill the franchise. (anyone that disagrees please compare to older halos, the community is dying/dead)
Well and I just don't want to hate 343i because there are very talented people that work at 343i. For example the new design for elites, I'm not a big fan of it however someone made that and probably was so proud of it and was like ya the Halo community is going to love this! Now hold up for a second don't get me wrong I know there is people in the community that do like the new elite design and that's cool. But majority of the community miss and love the classic design of the elites. That's the problem with 343i is that they don't cator(hopefully I'm using that word right)the majority of the community. In result that majority of the community gets upset with 343i, I don't know. I guess I'm tired of seeing all the hate going towards 343i.
Until it's announced by Major Nelson, the Xbox Wire, or 343 themselves, it's all fake news.

This is how rumors start.