Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo 4- Suppressor Advice

OP PeppyMintyuwu

So, this is just as basic as the title says, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to use the Suppressor well in Halo 4. I know it has a reputation for being awful, but I have a fair few people I know who can use it extremely effectively and can't really describe how. A lot of the time, with weapons like this, they're moreso misunderstood rather than actually bad- the Boltshot, for example, has the reputation for also being awful, yet I main it in my primary loadout and can get some serious work done with it, and so I basically just wanna give the Suppressor that same shot.
Anyone who uses the Suppressor a fair bit, what're some tips and things to keep in mind in order to find success with this gun?
I don’t use it all that often, but I have found it works best when you fire in bursts. Holding down RT spreads out your shots too much.
tuhin94 wrote:
I don’t use it all that often, but I have found it works best when you fire in bursts. Holding down RT spreads out your shots too much.
Extremely noticeable when Promethians disrespect your corpse during SO and you're waiting to respawn.
I would actually counterpoint to not fire it in bursts, at least not like with other guns. The main attraction of the Suppressor is its rate of fire/accuracy ratio. Other guns like the Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, and Saw will have a much better result when burst firing. With the Suppressor it's a bit different. You want to essentially find a middle ground between burst firing and holding the trigger down. Basically, burst fire, but don't rapid tap the trigger like you would with the other weapons. Hold it down a bit longer. It's more effective if all the shots land, so the closer the better. If you're playing multiplayer, learn which parts of the map you can use to cover the distance between you and some basic player using a BR.

I would recommend using a regeneration field or a hologram if you're going to use the Suppressor, as these armor abilities compliment the weapon rather well. You're probably going to die a bit more, just because I don't think the gun is as balanced as the other weapons, but if you can play a whole game close-quarters you could do okay.
I have tried to use it and master it but its easier just to use the other automatics.
try shooting it full auto and very close range. but not melee range. I killed a couple of dmr people just by "suprressing". lol but it works very much.
I would actually counterpoint to not fire it in bursts, at least not like with other guns. The main attraction of the Suppressor is its rate of fire/accuracy ratio. Other guns like the Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, and Saw will have a much better result when burst firing. With the Suppressor it's a bit different. You want to essentially find a middle ground between burst firing and holding the trigger down. Basically, burst fire, but don't rapid tap the trigger like you would with the other weapons. Hold it down a bit longer. It's more effective if all the shots land, so the closer the better. If you're playing multiplayer, learn which parts of the map you can use to cover the distance between you and some basic player using a BR.

I would recommend using a regeneration field or a hologram if you're going to use the Suppressor, as these armor abilities compliment the weapon rather well. You're probably going to die a bit more, just because I don't think the gun is as balanced as the other weapons, but if you can play a whole game close-quarters you could do okay.
Yeah it's speed helps outmatching and killing knights on legendary
Thanks to all of your tips! I've taken it all into consideration and am happy to say it's been very useful information. I find it to be best for shield-stripping to open up a headshot or melee kill at midrange, but up-close, you can absolutely shred someone in a second.
So, thanks for all the tips! I definitely still need practice, but I've been using it in my main loadout alongside a DMR and it's been working progressively better for me. The help is much appreciated, and I'm glad I've come out of this learning that the Suppressor is moreso misunderstood than bad.
Probably a useless reply here, but I genuinely do not even remember the last time I used it.

The closer, the better you can pretty much fire it full-auto
additional: spam close range then punch. just like i did with plasma hold instant punch works well in Ro sham Bo. but idk...