Skip to main content
Hey guys Prophet of Ark here! So I've recently been listening to soundtrack from Halo 4 agian. I forgot how great it is! What do you guys think of it? Always, thanks for stopping by, like, share, commenting, and have a great day Halo community!
Hey guys Prophet of Ark here!
Hi
So I've recently been listening to soundtrack from Halo 4 agian. I forgot how great it is! What do you guys think of it?
Some of the songs are nice. I mean, it wasn't bad, I guess.
Always, thanks for stopping by, like, share, commenting, and have a great day Halo community!
You're welcome.
Halo 4's soundtrack was good, but, I dunno, might just be me, but it didn't really have that 'Halo' feel to it. The closest it got was with 117, in my opinion.
It was pretty new, but so was the direction the series was taking at that point. It wasn't classical Halo music, but there were still some great jams like "Green and Blue" and "From Galaxy". "Requiem" had a drop (synched to when you come over that hill and see the valley in the game for the first time). I also feel "117" was one of the best new game songs I'd heard in a long while.

...so yeah, it's different, but not bad. Just different, and that's good because so are the games now.
"Arrival" is absolutely epic.
It was hit-and-miss. The music wasn't bad, generally-speaking, but it did not feel like "Halo". Had some good tunes, but they felt like they belonged to another franchise entirely. So far, the only track I can say I like the best is "Atonement". So haunting, especially when it plays against the ominous H4 title screen background (which I never get to see in the MCC, boo! :( ). I like to head-canon that the song is about Cortana's struggle and sacrifice.
I love Awakening and Green and Blue, especially their respective remixes. Awakening used to be my morning alarm - also great for speedwalking, hit the beat and you're off :)
stckrboy wrote:
I love Awakening and Green and Blue, especially their respective remixes. Awakening used to be my morning alarm - also great for speedwalking, hit the beat and you're off :)
Awakening is pretty fantastic. I feel like Halo 4 will be the most overlooked soundtrack by far, and yet it shouldn't be discredited.
H4 sound track was great, it felt epic & scifi and like it was taking us into a new and better direction for Halo, but too many traditionalists complained and H5G's music ended up watered down background noise.
My favorite was 117 and Awakening
Eh, it was alright. Nowhere near as good as CE, H2 and H3
The Soundtrack was decent, with "Arrival", "Revival", and "117" being exceptional.