Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Halo 6 Doesn't Need To Return To The Roots...

OP FLOWFUTURISTIC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
But if it had those roots would help the game to be more fun and sell more copies (Thats what I mean by successful). Halo 4 was the first halo game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish. After I got into Halo 4 I did go back and play the old games (And I found that they were more fun than 4). Anyway Halo had this unmatched 'Fun factor" that in my eyes all the games before Halo 5 really brought out. The old Halo games (Especially the campaigns and BTB) were really fun. I have lots of memories of playing them with my friends using spitscreen. Halo 5 is not fun. Not even close to how much the old halo games were. Even MCC was more fun and that game was broken. And I think we all know of a couple big reasons why. Halo 3 had a great customization system. All the armor and helmets were locked behind certain challenges that kept people playing. Halo Reach and 4 had similar systems, That there were challenges that could get you armor or you could use in game currency earned by playing to buy some more armor. So if people didn't want to do the challenges they could still get new armor. The only "challenge armor" we have in halo 5 is Achilles. Speaking off Achilles, it is one of the reasons that Warzone in not fun. Some people farm for it and ruin other players experiences with the mode. Another reason is the maps which usually end up being long range shoot outs that the player with the better Req usually wins. The Reqs are the biggest problem in Warzone and one of the biggest in the game. Speaking of big problems, the fact that there is no spitscreen means I can't play with friends who don't have Xbox Ones which happens to be almost ALL of my friends. So when I invite them over we play other games which happen to be more fun than halo 5 anyway. BTB, Grifball, Warzone, and Arena are all not fun. The first three are supposed to be social but they end up being sweaty and difficult because people want their invisible rank to go up. I know Arena is supposed by competitive but it is so competitive that I feel like the only time I play it is when I'm trying to get that monthly Req pack. Where is Race? Where is Juggernaut? The only mode in this game that is half fun is infection but it is so repetitive that it becomes stale once you play it alot. I am going to buy Blops 3 soon because I'm bored with this game. That doesn't mean I'm leaving or anything, I just wanna have fun. Okay, now about halo 6. 343, please make this game fun. I don't want one of my favorite series' to die. If this is supposed to be the last game in the numbered series, don't think that taking longer then 3 years to make it is a bad idea. If the game still has enhanced mobility I won't mind as long as its fun.

TL;DR: Halo 6 does not need to return to halo roots to be successful, It just needs to be fun. If the game is not fun Halo will die.

Also see this thread https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-5-is-killing-the-series-halo-6-save-it/c7802122-5d71-4bc9-a3bc-0180115abe61/posts
3 things to say.
1. UR OPINION
2. I think arena mechanics are cool just remove smartlink and make it zoom and give autos projection
3. ART STYLE SHOULD BE REACH STYLE
Honestly I want halo 6 to buil off halo 5 and not look at halo 1-3 anymore than 5 did.....

This is not bungie a halo and it will never be. I rather 343 fail at giving us their vision than fail at out bunging bungie.

Mobility should the staple of the "reclaimer sage" once that's done we can do back. Tweak and perfect what here right now. Halo 6 BETTER start with all the playlist that 5 had to get later on ie griffball, BTB infection etc.

Keep this idea of autos not being useless again if we gonna go back to single weapon halo I hope it's after the reclaimer saga.

^^^ I feel reach'S art style should remain for reach only. Dark gritty for a story you knew you were gonna lose regardless how hard we fought it def Inbodied that, but like you said it's all opinion :).
Halo 4 was the worst halo yes it had its fun for a little but it was the biggest fail in the series. I'm really surprised you like 4 more than 5 because 5 actually works and 4 could never work
The issue with any game scrapping its "roots" is you lose the original fanbase that made the game to begin with. The arguement is halo 1-3 were so massive in players and popularity, that when h reach and after started changing things, halo has then lost its roots and parts of that original fan base. You admitted how h4 was your first game so you wasn't there to see how things were in halos golden days, mcc was just a way to remember those days but it would've never been the same. The concept is to make the new games play like the older games to bring back at least some of that fan base rather than continuously alienating it. I myself like the newer halo games but I can't deny that a lot has changed since when I played the originals from the start. You really don't see people say that h4, h5, reach aren't fun, you see them argue that it's not "halo fun". Changes to a franchise do change what they are, if CoD were to ever add shields, power weapons on maps, remove sprint, you'd know what I mean by change hurting a games original concept. It can still be fun, but it won't be what it used to be (and truth be told I'd lol at what CoD players would think/do if what I mentioned happened). So again, no ones saying halo isn't fun, most will say it's not "halo fun".

My my personal opinion on halo as of now is it's going in the right direction but slowly. H4 was a fun game, but it had load outs, ordnances, abundance of armour abilities, sprint (don't mind sprint necessarily but just how they had sprint function in h4) all made me dislike it being in "halo". H5 has fixed many of those issues but it's also continued on some of them that many have wanted gone for years now. However, I think it adding in equal starts and dumbing down the abilities have made it more halo to me since h3. It still has a ways to go but I can tolerate it.
3 things to say.
1. UR OPINION
2. I think arena mechanics are cool just remove smartlink and make it zoom and give autos projection
3. ART STYLE SHOULD BE REACH STYLE
1. Never said it wasn't
2. I agree
3. That could be cool
Honestly I want halo 6 to buil off halo 5 and not look at halo 1-3 anymore than 5 did.....

This is not bungie a halo and it will never be. I rather 343 fail at giving us their vision than fail at out bunging bungie.

Mobility should the staple of the "reclaimer sage" once that's done we can do back. Tweak and perfect what here right now. Halo 6 BETTER start with all the playlist that 5 had to get later on ie griffball, BTB infection etc.

Keep this idea of autos not being useless again if we gonna go back to single weapon halo I hope it's after the reclaimer saga.

^^^ I feel reach'S art style should remain for reach only. Dark gritty for a story you knew you were gonna lose regardless how hard we fought it def Inbodied that, but like you said it's all opinion :).
I honestly don't care how the game plays as long as I enjoy it. Also dark and gritty could work if chief dies in Halo 6.
Halo 4 was the worst halo yes it had its fun for a little but it was the biggest fail in the series. I'm really surprised you like 4 more than 5 because 5 actually works and 4 could never work
Please give me five legitimate reasons Halo 4 sucked.
The issue with any game scrapping its "roots" is you lose the original fanbase that made the game to begin with. The arguement is halo 1-3 were so massive in players and popularity, that when h reach and after started changing things, halo has then lost its roots and parts of that original fan base. You admitted how h4 was your first game so you wasn't there to see how things were in halos golden days, mcc was just a way to remember those days but it would've never been the same. The concept is to make the new games play like the older games to bring back at least some of that fan base rather than continuously alienating it. I myself like the newer halo games but I can't deny that a lot has changed since when I played the originals from the start. You really don't see people say that h4, h5, reach aren't fun, you see them argue that it's not "halo fun". Changes to a franchise do change what they are, if CoD were to ever add shields, power weapons on maps, remove sprint, you'd know what I mean by change hurting a games original concept. It can still be fun, but it won't be what it used to be (and truth be told I'd lol at what CoD players would think/do if what I mentioned happened). So again, no ones saying halo isn't fun, most will say it's not "halo fun".

My my personal opinion on halo as of now is it's going in the right direction but slowly. H4 was a fun game, but it had load outs, ordnances, abundance of armour abilities, sprint (don't mind sprint necessarily but just how they had sprint function in h4) all made me dislike it being in "halo". H5 has fixed many of those issues but it's also continued on some of them that many have wanted gone for years now. However, I think it adding in equal starts and dumbing down the abilities have made it more halo to me since h3. It still has a ways to go but I can tolerate it.
I agree with some of the stuff you said but in my opinion Halo 1,2,3,ODST,4 were halo fun. Reach, MCC, and 5 not so much.
You want 5 legitimate reasons as to why Halo 4 sucked:

1. It's blatant and shameless attempt at assuming the formula for other FPS games would work with Halo.

2. The lack of any competitive outlet arguably put the nail in the coffin for long time competitive fans who anxiously waited to see what Halo brought after Reach.

3. Spartan Ops replacing Firefight. Spartan ops had the potential. It failed to deliver.

4. A forgettable campaign that was made completely and utterly null and void by Halo 5. Any emotional impact the death of cortana was supposed to have was negated entirely.

5. Armor abilities like jet pack and promethean vision utterly destroying arena based multiplayer.

6. The bolt shot: the ability to spawn with a weapon more useful than the sword or shotgun was a disgusting oversight that plagued multiplayer for too long.

7. Forgettable maps: the multiplayer maps made no lasting impression on the fans. No one is crying for a remake of a halo 4 map for very good reasons.

8. The beginning of removal of series features. As their first original game, 343 showed us that removing features may become a trend. No theater in campaign and no campaign scoring were indicators of what was yet to come. As well as no playable elites, a very important feature to many.

9. Horrendous, HORRENDOUS vehicle game play. Vehicles made of paper mache made it so that no vehicle user could truly excel, no matter how skilled.

10. Horrid sound design. Listen to the Halo 4 battle rifle and Pistol. That's all I need for this argument.

11. It took a month to accomplish everything there was to accomplish in the entire game. It took next to no time.

I could go on and on. Halo 4 wasn't and isn't a bad game. But it didn't even come close to the legacy that was halo 1-3. Even reach. I didn't like the game play of Reach but it's feature set was damn impressive. Halo 4 didn't even deliver that.

You started halo with Halo 4. Yet you claim to speak of the original trilogy as though you knew it when it was revolutionary. You weren't there to witness Halo, the juggernaut of gaming, be transformed into a COD clone and shamelessly thrown around like Call of Duty in space.

Nostalgia can be a blinding influence. But there are many things objectively wrong with Halo 4. Again, it was not bad. But its down there with Reach in terms of Halo game play.

1. It's blatant and shameless attempt at assuming the formula for other FPS games would work with Halo.

2. The lack of any competitive outlet arguably put the nail in the coffin for long time competitive fans who anxiously waited to see what Halo brought after Reach.

3. Spartan Ops replacing Firefight. Spartan ops had the potential. It failed to deliver.

4. A forgettable campaign that was made completely and utterly null and void by Halo 5. Any emotional impact the death of cortana was supposed to have was negated entirely.

5. Armor abilities like jet pack and promethean vision utterly destroying arena based multiplayer.

6. The bolt shot: the ability to spawn with a weapon more useful than the sword or shotgun was a disgusting oversight that plagued multiplayer for too long.

7. Forgettable maps: the multiplayer maps made no lasting impression on the fans. No one is crying for a remake of a halo 4 map for very good reasons.

8. The beginning of removal of series features. As their first original game, 343 showed us that removing features may become a trend. No theater in campaign and no campaign scoring were indicators of what was yet to come. As well as no playable elites, a very important feature to many.

9. Horrendous, HORRENDOUS vehicle game play. Vehicles made of paper mache made it so that no vehicle user could truly excel, no matter how skilled.

10. Horrid sound design. Listen to the Halo 4 battle rifle and Pistol. That's all I need for this argument.

11. It took a month to accomplish everything there was to accomplish in the entire game. It took next to no time.

I could go on and on. Halo 4 wasn't and isn't a bad game. But it didn't even come close to the legacy that was halo 1-3. Even reach. I didn't like the game play of Reach but it's feature set was damn impressive. Halo 4 didn't even deliver that.

You started halo with Halo 4. Yet you claim to speak of the original trilogy as though you knew it when it was revolutionary. You weren't there to witness Halo, the juggernaut of gaming, be transformed into a COD clone and shamelessly thrown around like Call of Duty in space.

Nostalgia can be a blinding influence. But there are many things objectively wrong with Halo 4. Again, it was not bad. But its down there with Reach in terms of Halo game play.
I'll just let Viper do all the talking /\

I completely agree with you. I still think that the game play is good in halo 5 and I can live with it but the biggest problem with halo 4 and 5 was the campaigns. These were shameful compared to the ones before it and in halo 6 they must create a solid and long story that players remember.
I actually like Halo 5. I am a PC gamer trying to hold off, until Overwatch comes out, next week. All I ever do is play Arena - Slayer and I have been doing pretty decent (Gold Rank 2). I purchased the game yesterday and do not regret it. I have played Halo since it was on PC.

As a solo, competitive, and multiplayer gamer, the game is fun and I have nothing to say that it is bad, other than little kiddies leaving games.

I am having a blast with Halo 5.

I started with CE in 2001. Halo 4 was the best Halo by a LONG mile until 5, which is clearly the superior game, came out. Halo 2 will forever be the worst entry in the series. Im only talking about multiplayer. This, of course, is my opinion.
Nooga wrote:
-snip-
I started with CE in 2001. Halo 4 was the best Halo by a LONG mile until 5, which is clearly the superior game, came out. Halo 2 will forever be the worst entry in the series. Im only talking about multiplayer. This, of course, is my opinion.
>says he started with CE in 2001.
>says that Halo 4 and Halo 5 are "clearly" superior by a "long mile".
>says that Halo 2 is the worst entry.
>and all of this is about multiplayer.

Seems legit. /sarcasm
Nooga wrote:
-snip-

Seems legit. /sarcasm
Opinion
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
-snip-

Seems legit. /sarcasm
Opinion
This opinion is wrong
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
-snip-

Seems legit. /sarcasm
Opinion
Okay, fine, it's your opinion that Halo 4 was the best Halo game ever, until Halo 5. It is my opinion that the original trilogy are better than nu-Halo all day long. Now, which of us has statistics showing that the population of Halo 4 dropped hard after 3 months? Obviously, in those people's opinions, Halo 4 was not good.
"Halo doesn't need to go back to the roots, my first real Halo was Halo 4"
"I couldn't get in to the other Halos"

So because you and the smaller community that made up Halo 4 and now 5 didn't like old Halo but like new Halo, all Halos should be like the ones you like, because you like them? Instead of say, because more people like them?

You failed to convince me, I'm out.
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
-snip-

Seems legit. /sarcasm
Opinion
Okay, fine, it's your opinion that Halo 4 was the best Halo game ever, until Halo 5. It is my opinion that the original trilogy are better than nu-Halo all day long. Now, which of us has statistics showing that the population of Halo 4 dropped hard after 3 months? Obviously, in those people's opinions, Halo 4 was not good.
I had alot more fun in Reach and 4 than 2/3. My opinion. It cant be wrong. Its mine lol
It will never go back to the old original Halo styles (CE-3). It's all about money for them now. They could care less. As long as they are getting their REQ money everything is fine.

Why do you think we don't even have a Snipers or Doubles playlist 7+ months into the game? Because the core fan base of Halo has changed. Gone are the days of playing for hours online with your friends trying to rank up to 50. Now it's all about how many $10 packs you can open to get a H2A BR! /s

This whole new RNG package formula thats popular among console shooters right now is for the new generation.
to be honest Halo 4 wasn't all that great, i mean yeah it was fun, but for a short while. Halo has never been the same since 343 came into the picture. when i play one of the older games it keeps me more entertained than halo 4 or 5 could
halo 4 was an abomination. halo 5 is an improvement. if doom can play like the old doom and have a tiny amount of modern features (double jump and clambering) other than that it plays like doom 1 and 3 mixed. THAT is how halo 5 should have been. guess what the new doom is a PURE arena shooter with no sprint and requires alot of strafing. i want 343 to make halo 6 like doom..... follow the original gameplay but add very LITTLE modern features and that is sticking to your roots not ignoring them or burning them with napalm. which is what halo 4 did
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22