Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Halo 6 Doesn't Need To Return To The Roots...

OP FLOWFUTURISTIC

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 22
In my opinion, the roots were fun, which is why people are always calling for Halo to return to its roots.
PookyFPS wrote:
343 you are a very organized company and i love it plzzzzzzzzzzz put team doubles back plzzzzzzzz
We can only hope
XGN Ghoul wrote:
In my opinion, the roots were fun, which is why people are always calling for Halo to return to its roots.
If the roots were good then people,are going to want them back
Draconys wrote:
Truth be told, Achilles is not the only unlockable armor or piece, several pieces are unlockable. Such as the Mark VI and Mark VI (Scarred), which can be earned playing MCC Halo 2 campaign, the ODST armor which is gotten by watching the Nightfall series on the halo channel, not to mention the Beta emblems, which if you have MCC you should have been able to get them during Beta Multiplayer. The best piece in armor you can get is an actual challenge for some, which is to complete all the Halo's in MCC on Legendary and you get the Sangheili themed armor named Helioskrill. There are even some you could have gotten at the beginning of playing it by pre-ordering at some stores like Best-Buy and Gamestop, but that's already over so no use crying over it. But if your meaning challenging like the Spartan Company Achilles armor, then yea, that's going to be the only one for now, since Spartan Companies are not entirely a big theme just yet.
The fact there is so little armour echo actually takes skill to unlock is few
halo 5 is awesome. 343 clearly based off of halo 2's online competitiveness for development of this game.
the only reason anyone ever loses in warzone is because of a lack of communication.... end of story.
Halo 2 clearly added gimmicks like Spartan charge or sprint or ground pound..................(sarcasm) The only thing halo 2 added was dual wield and vehicle boarding. Everything else was JUST like halo 1. I am sad you like rng mechanics and gimmicks
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

me gustaria q ahora halo meta al flood xq ese enemigo es el mas pro ya q se mete en los cadaveres y era loco matarlos
I think every Halo has it's own charms, and I kinda like it that way.

I'm sure Halo 6 would have it's own specific charms to remember.
I think that looking back is exactly what 343i need to do when designing Halo 6. Both 4 and 5 are failures in their own way. Both did some things well enough, but most of each was just horrible.

You are right, Halo 5 is lacking the fun factor that all of the other games in the series had. I don't think that it's related to the armor system though. At their core, these games were all fun. Before Reach there were no challenges or complex armor systems and unlocks. Halo 2 and 3 are probably the two best games in the series and neither of them have any of that. Those games were just fun to play. Gameplay is the most important. Reach sucked because things like Bloom and Armor abilities. Halo 4 sucked because of loadouts and Armor Abilities. Halo 5 sucks because of Spartan Abilities and lack of content.

Armor Abilities/Spartan Abilities both suck for the same reason. They impact the game in a way that makes it frustrating to play against people that use them. It's not about balance. It's not about evenness. It's about frustration. Everyone in the game could have a Jetpack, it wouldn't make it any less frustrating when people break map flow. Everyone could have Armor Lock, it wouldn't make it any less frustrating when they use their get out of jail free card in the middle of battle. Everyone could have sprint/thruster/evade and it doesn't make it any less frustrating when people run away and escape from a fight they should not have.

In order to make the games get that fun factor back they have to stop making abilities that are not fun to fight against. Most of the equipment in Halo 3 is a good example of this. As are the Hologram from Reach and 4 and clambering and ground pound from 5. I don't mind smart scope either.

My ideal Halo game is basically Halo 2 anniversary, with equipment (including hologram in there somehow), with clamber and ground pound and smart scope, and with some double jumping ability like from the new Doom game. I don't hate the idea of limited loadouts (only being able to pick from AR or BR. No grenade choice, no secondary choice, no equipment at spawn, and no perks), and think being able to pick between an AR and BR would solve a lot of the issues that people always have over if it should be AR starts or BR starts. I think that this game could exist, and would show the best of what Halo as a series could be.

EDIT: and if it wasn't clear, NO SPRINT.
I disagree I enjoy sprint and the Spartan abilities. I hope in Halo six they make the vehicles more durable not as easy to take down.
halo 5 is awesome. 343 clearly based off of halo 2's online competitiveness for development of this game.
the only reason anyone ever loses in warzone is because of a lack of communication.... end of story.
uumm..no offense man but...have you played halo 5?
You want 5 legitimate reasons as to why Halo 4 sucked:

1. It's blatant and shameless attempt at assuming the formula for other FPS games would work with Halo.

2. The lack of any competitive outlet arguably put the nail in the coffin for long time competitive fans who anxiously waited to see what Halo brought after Reach.

3. Spartan Ops replacing Firefight. Spartan ops had the potential. It failed to deliver.

4. A forgettable campaign that was made completely and utterly null and void by Halo 5. Any emotional impact the death of cortana was supposed to have was negated entirely.

5. Armor abilities like jet pack and promethean vision utterly destroying arena based multiplayer.

6. The bolt shot: the ability to spawn with a weapon more useful than the sword or shotgun was a disgusting oversight that plagued multiplayer for too long.

7. Forgettable maps: the multiplayer maps made no lasting impression on the fans. No one is crying for a remake of a halo 4 map for very good reasons.

8. The beginning of removal of series features. As their first original game, 343 showed us that removing features may become a trend. No theater in campaign and no campaign scoring were indicators of what was yet to come. As well as no playable elites, a very important feature to many.

9. Horrendous, HORRENDOUS vehicle game play. Vehicles made of paper mache made it so that no vehicle user could truly excel, no matter how skilled.

10. Horrid sound design. Listen to the Halo 4 battle rifle and Pistol. That's all I need for this argument.

11. It took a month to accomplish everything there was to accomplish in the entire game. It took next to no time.

I could go on and on. Halo 4 wasn't and isn't a bad game. But it didn't even come close to the legacy that was halo 1-3. Even reach. I didn't like the game play of Reach but it's feature set was damn impressive. Halo 4 didn't even deliver that.

You started halo with Halo 4. Yet you claim to speak of the original trilogy as though you knew it when it was revolutionary. You weren't there to witness Halo, the juggernaut of gaming, be transformed into a COD clone and shamelessly thrown around like Call of Duty in space.

Nostalgia can be a blinding influence. But there are many things objectively wrong with Halo 4. Again, it was not bad. But its down there with Reach in terms of Halo game play.
I completely agree with everything stated here. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Halo 4 for a little while and I still find Halo 5 enjoyable unlike a lot of angry players on these forums, but they don't even compare to the original trilogy 1-3 and even Reach. A lot of people are blaming 343 and I can't say that it's not completely their fault, because they have made some mistakes, but I believe that they can do well on Halo 6 we just need to be patient.
kkohler22 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:
-snip-
I started with CE in 2001. Halo 4 was the best Halo by a LONG mile until 5, which is clearly the superior game, came out. Halo 2 will forever be the worst entry in the series. Im only talking about multiplayer. This, of course, is my opinion.
>says he started with CE in 2001.
>says that Halo 4 and Halo 5 are "clearly" superior by a "long mile".
>says that Halo 2 is the worst entry.
>and all of this is about multiplayer.

Seems legit. /sarcasm
Opinion
This opinion is wrong
but there is no wrong opinion. To me, halo 2 was a bit too stiff and predictable, at least 3-reach had abilities like power drain or jetpack
Things change and change is for the better. I mean when was the last time you've changed and accepted it, it's the same with Video Game's. Make it fun for you, I respect that you like Halo 4 more but don't just play Halo 5 and let those stupid deaths get too you. Just play and try to make the game fun. Best thing is to find some friends and play together in a party, it's just the best playing against friends!
Warfuntime wrote:
halo 5 is awesome. 343 clearly based off of halo 2's online competitiveness for development of this game.
the only reason anyone ever loses in warzone is because of a lack of communication.... end of story.
uumm..no offense man but...have you played halo 5?
I don't think he played it
First of all, my first "real" Halo game was Halo 4. What I mean by this is that Halo 4 was the first game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish. I played the older ones but never really got into them. After I got into Halo 4 I did go back and play those some before MCC came out. Anyway
Halo had this unmatched 'Fun factor" that in my eyes Halo 4 really brought out. And yes, there were some horrible problems and the loadouts did not really work for normal arena matches, but Halo 4 (Especially the campaign and BTB) was really fun. I have lots of memories of playing it and other halo games with my friends using spitscreen. Halo 5 is not fun. Not even close to how much the old halo games were. Even MCC was more fun and that game was broken. And I think we all know of two big reasons why. Halo 3 had a great customization system. All the armor and helmets were locked behind certain challenges that kept people playing. Halo Reach and 4 had similar systems, That there were challenges that could get you armor or you could use in game currency earned by playing to buy some more armor. So if people didn't want to do the challenges they could still get new armor. The only "challenge armor" we have in halo 5 is Achilles. Speaking off Achilles, it is one of the reasons that Warzone in not fun. People farm for it and ruin other players experiences with the mode. Another reason is the maps which usually end up being long range shoot outs that the player with the better Req usually wins. The Reqs are the biggest problem in Warzone and one of the biggest in the game. Speaking of big problems, the fact that there is no spitscreen means I can't play with friends who don't have Xbox Ones which happens to be almost ALL of my friends. So when I invite them other we play other games which happen to be more fun than halo 5 anyway. BTB, Grifball, Warzone, and Arena are all not fun. The first three are supposed to be social but they end up being sweaty and difficult because people want their invisible rank to go up. I know Arena is supposed by competitive but it is so competitive that I fell like the only time I play it is when I'm trying to get that monthly Req pack. Where is Race? Where is Juggernaut? The only mode in this game that is half fun is infection but it is so repetitive that it becomes stale once you play it alot. I am going to buy Blops 3 soon because I'm bored with this game. That doesn't mean I'm leaving or anything, I just wanna have fun.

Okay, now about halo 6. 343, please make this game fun. I don't want one of my favorite series' to die. If this is supposed to be the last game in the numbered series, don't think that taking longer then 3 years to make it is a bad idea. If the game still has enhanced mobility I won't mind as long as its fun.

TL;DR: Halo 6 does not need to return to halo roots to be successful, It just needs to be fun. If the game is not fun Halo will die.
Firstly had have you played the original Halo?
Secondly having a game sticking to its roots makes the franchise unique and sticking out.
Thirdly another example of another franchise of why it needs to go back to its roots is: CoD: Infinite Warfare.
You want 5 legitimate reasons as to why Halo 4 sucked:

1. It's blatant and shameless attempt at assuming the formula for other FPS games would work with Halo.

2. The lack of any competitive outlet arguably put the nail in the coffin for long time competitive fans who anxiously waited to see what Halo brought after Reach.

3. Spartan Ops replacing Firefight. Spartan ops had the potential. It failed to deliver.

4. A forgettable campaign that was made completely and utterly null and void by Halo 5. Any emotional impact the death of cortana was supposed to have was negated entirely.

5. Armor abilities like jet pack and promethean vision utterly destroying arena based multiplayer.

6. The bolt shot: the ability to spawn with a weapon more useful than the sword or shotgun was a disgusting oversight that plagued multiplayer for too long.

7. Forgettable maps: the multiplayer maps made no lasting impression on the fans. No one is crying for a remake of a halo 4 map for very good reasons.

8. The beginning of removal of series features. As their first original game, 343 showed us that removing features may become a trend. No theater in campaign and no campaign scoring were indicators of what was yet to come. As well as no playable elites, a very important feature to many.

9. Horrendous, HORRENDOUS vehicle game play. Vehicles made of paper mache made it so that no vehicle user could truly excel, no matter how skilled.

10. Horrid sound design. Listen to the Halo 4 battle rifle and Pistol. That's all I need for this argument.

11. It took a month to accomplish everything there was to accomplish in the entire game. It took next to no time.

I could go on and on. Halo 4 wasn't and isn't a bad game. But it didn't even come close to the legacy that was halo 1-3. Even reach. I didn't like the game play of Reach but it's feature set was damn impressive. Halo 4 didn't even deliver that.

You started halo with Halo 4. Yet you claim to speak of the original trilogy as though you knew it when it was revolutionary. You weren't there to witness Halo, the juggernaut of gaming, be transformed into a COD clone and shamelessly thrown around like Call of Duty in space.

Nostalgia can be a blinding influence. But there are many things objectively wrong with Halo 4. Again, it was not bad. But its down there with Reach in terms of Halo game play.
What are you talking about? The campaign story was great. It was the only halo campaign that actually have emotional development.the ending did matter. If cortana didn't "die" then she wouldn't be evil in h5 . You could actually interpret that cortana did die, and what you see in h 5 is something twisted. Also the ending wasn't sad purely because cortana die. It was about how mc react to losing the only person that ever truly understand him. That is still true in h5
First of all, my first "real" Halo game was Halo 4. What I mean by this is that Halo 4 was the first game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish. I played the older ones but never really got into them. After I got into Halo 4 I did go back and play those some before MCC came out. Anyway
Halo had this unmatched 'Fun factor" that in my eyes Halo 4 really brought out. And yes, there were some horrible problems and the loadouts did not really work for normal arena matches, but Halo 4 (Especially the campaign and BTB) was really fun. I have lots of memories of playing it and other halo games with my friends using spitscreen. Halo 5 is not fun. Not even close to how much the old halo games were. Even MCC was more fun and that game was broken. And I think we all know of two big reasons why. Halo 3 had a great customization system. All the armor and helmets were locked behind certain challenges that kept people playing. Halo Reach and 4 had similar systems, That there were challenges that could get you armor or you could use in game currency earned by playing to buy some more armor. So if people didn't want to do the challenges they could still get new armor. The only "challenge armor" we have in halo 5 is Achilles. Speaking off Achilles, it is one of the reasons that Warzone in not fun. People farm for it and ruin other players experiences with the mode. Another reason is the maps which usually end up being long range shoot outs that the player with the better Req usually wins. The Reqs are the biggest problem in Warzone and one of the biggest in the game. Speaking of big problems, the fact that there is no spitscreen means I can't play with friends who don't have Xbox Ones which happens to be almost ALL of my friends. So when I invite them other we play other games which happen to be more fun than halo 5 anyway. BTB, Grifball, Warzone, and Arena are all not fun. The first three are supposed to be social but they end up being sweaty and difficult because people want their invisible rank to go up. I know Arena is supposed by competitive but it is so competitive that I fell like the only time I play it is when I'm trying to get that monthly Req pack. Where is Race? Where is Juggernaut? The only mode in this game that is half fun is infection but it is so repetitive that it becomes stale once you play it alot. I am going to buy Blops 3 soon because I'm bored with this game. That doesn't mean I'm leaving or anything, I just wanna have fun.

Okay, now about halo 6. 343, please make this game fun. I don't want one of my favorite series' to die. If this is supposed to be the last game in the numbered series, don't think that taking longer then 3 years to make it is a bad idea. If the game still has enhanced mobility I won't mind as long as its fun.

TL;DR: Halo 6 does not need to return to halo roots to be successful, It just needs to be fun. If the game is not fun Halo will die.
Firstly had have you played the original Halo?
Secondly having a game sticking to its roots makes the franchise unique and sticking out.
Thirdly another example of another franchise of why it needs to go back to its roots is: CoD: Infinite Warfare.
We already had that halo 4
First of all, my first "real" Halo game was Halo 4. What I mean by this is that Halo 4 was the first game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish. I played the older ones but never really got into them. After I got into Halo 4 I did go back and play those some before MCC came out. Anyway
Halo had this unmatched 'Fun factor" that in my eyes Halo 4 really brought out. And yes, there were some horrible problems and the loadouts did not really work for normal arena matches, but Halo 4 (Especially the campaign and BTB) was really fun. I have lots of memories of playing it and other halo games with my friends using spitscreen. Halo 5 is not fun. Not even close to how much the old halo games were. Even MCC was more fun and that game was broken. And I think we all know of two big reasons why. Halo 3 had a great customization system. All the armor and helmets were locked behind certain challenges that kept people playing. Halo Reach and 4 had similar systems, That there were challenges that could get you armor or you could use in game currency earned by playing to buy some more armor. So if people didn't want to do the challenges they could still get new armor. The only "challenge armor" we have in halo 5 is Achilles. Speaking off Achilles, it is one of the reasons that Warzone in not fun. People farm for it and ruin other players experiences with the mode. Another reason is the maps which usually end up being long range shoot outs that the player with the better Req usually wins. The Reqs are the biggest problem in Warzone and one of the biggest in the game. Speaking of big problems, the fact that there is no spitscreen means I can't play with friends who don't have Xbox Ones which happens to be almost ALL of my friends. So when I invite them other we play other games which happen to be more fun than halo 5 anyway. BTB, Grifball, Warzone, and Arena are all not fun. The first three are supposed to be social but they end up being sweaty and difficult because people want their invisible rank to go up. I know Arena is supposed by competitive but it is so competitive that I fell like the only time I play it is when I'm trying to get that monthly Req pack. Where is Race? Where is Juggernaut? The only mode in this game that is half fun is infection but it is so repetitive that it becomes stale once you play it alot. I am going to buy Blops 3 soon because I'm bored with this game. That doesn't mean I'm leaving or anything, I just wanna have fun.

Okay, now about halo 6. 343, please make this game fun. I don't want one of my favorite series' to die. If this is supposed to be the last game in the numbered series, don't think that taking longer then 3 years to make it is a bad idea. If the game still has enhanced mobility I won't mind as long as its fun.

TL;DR: Halo 6 does not need to return to halo roots to be successful, It just needs to be fun. If the game is not fun Halo will die.
Firstly had have you played the original Halo?
Secondly having a game sticking to its roots makes the franchise unique and sticking out.
Thirdly another example of another franchise of why it needs to go back to its roots is: CoD: Infinite Warfare.
Funny because everyone keep saying cod doesn't change enough
First of all, my first "real" Halo game was Halo 4. What I mean by this is that Halo 4 was the first game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish. I played the older ones but never really got into them. After I got into Halo 4 I did go back and play those some before MCC came out. Anyway
Halo had this unmatched 'Fun factor" that in my eyes Halo 4 really brought out. And yes, there were some horrible problems and the loadouts did not really work for normal arena matches, but Halo 4 (Especially the campaign and BTB) was really fun. I have lots of memories of playing it and other halo games with my friends using spitscreen. Halo 5 is not fun. Not even close to how much the old halo games were. Even MCC was more fun and that game was broken. And I think we all know of two big reasons why. Halo 3 had a great customization system. All the armor and helmets were locked behind certain challenges that kept people playing. Halo Reach and 4 had similar systems, That there were challenges that could get you armor or you could use in game currency earned by playing to buy some more armor. So if people didn't want to do the challenges they could still get new armor. The only "challenge armor" we have in halo 5 is Achilles. Speaking off Achilles, it is one of the reasons that Warzone in not fun. People farm for it and ruin other players experiences with the mode. Another reason is the maps which usually end up being long range shoot outs that the player with the better Req usually wins. The Reqs are the biggest problem in Warzone and one of the biggest in the game. Speaking of big problems, the fact that there is no spitscreen means I can't play with friends who don't have Xbox Ones which happens to be almost ALL of my friends. So when I invite them other we play other games which happen to be more fun than halo 5 anyway. BTB, Grifball, Warzone, and Arena are all not fun. The first three are supposed to be social but they end up being sweaty and difficult because people want their invisible rank to go up. I know Arena is supposed by competitive but it is so competitive that I fell like the only time I play it is when I'm trying to get that monthly Req pack. Where is Race? Where is Juggernaut? The only mode in this game that is half fun is infection but it is so repetitive that it becomes stale once you play it alot. I am going to buy Blops 3 soon because I'm bored with this game. That doesn't mean I'm leaving or anything, I just wanna have fun.

Okay, now about halo 6. 343, please make this game fun. I don't want one of my favorite series' to die. If this is supposed to be the last game in the numbered series, don't think that taking longer then 3 years to make it is a bad idea. If the game still has enhanced mobility I won't mind as long as its fun.

TL;DR: Halo 6 does not need to return to halo roots to be successful, It just needs to be fun. If the game is not fun Halo will die.
Firstly had have you played the original Halo?
Secondly having a game sticking to its roots makes the franchise unique and sticking out.
Thirdly another example of another franchise of why it needs to go back to its roots is: CoD: Infinite Warfare.
Funny because everyone keep saying cod doesn't change enough
Well the change in Infinite is too much for one game in huge franchise just take a look at DOOM it has changes but the changes didn't affect the things that made DOOM special.
First of all, my first "real" Halo game was Halo 4. What I mean by this is that Halo 4 was the first game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish. I played the older ones but never really got into them. After I got into Halo 4 I did go back and play those some before MCC came out. Anyway
Halo had this unmatched 'Fun factor" that in my eyes Halo 4 really brought out. And yes, there were some horrible problems and the loadouts did not really work for normal arena matches, but Halo 4 (Especially the campaign and BTB) was really fun. I have lots of memories of playing it and other halo games with my friends using spitscreen. Halo 5 is not fun. Not even close to how much the old halo games were. Even MCC was more fun and that game was broken. And I think we all know of two big reasons why. Halo 3 had a great customization system. All the armor and helmets were locked behind certain challenges that kept people playing. Halo Reach and 4 had similar systems, That there were challenges that could get you armor or you could use in game currency earned by playing to buy some more armor. So if people didn't want to do the challenges they could still get new armor. The only "challenge armor" we have in halo 5 is Achilles. Speaking off Achilles, it is one of the reasons that Warzone in not fun. People farm for it and ruin other players experiences with the mode. Another reason is the maps which usually end up being long range shoot outs that the player with the better Req usually wins. The Reqs are the biggest problem in Warzone and one of the biggest in the game. Speaking of big problems, the fact that there is no spitscreen means I can't play with friends who don't have Xbox Ones which happens to be almost ALL of my friends. So when I invite them other we play other games which happen to be more fun than halo 5 anyway. BTB, Grifball, Warzone, and Arena are all not fun. The first three are supposed to be social but they end up being sweaty and difficult because people want their invisible rank to go up. I know Arena is supposed by competitive but it is so competitive that I fell like the only time I play it is when I'm trying to get that monthly Req pack. Where is Race? Where is Juggernaut? The only mode in this game that is half fun is infection but it is so repetitive that it becomes stale once you play it alot. I am going to buy Blops 3 soon because I'm bored with this game. That doesn't mean I'm leaving or anything, I just wanna have fun.

Okay, now about halo 6. 343, please make this game fun. I don't want one of my favorite series' to die. If this is supposed to be the last game in the numbered series, don't think that taking longer then 3 years to make it is a bad idea. If the game still has enhanced mobility I won't mind as long as its fun.

TL;DR: Halo 6 does not need to return to halo roots to be successful, It just needs to be fun. If the game is not fun Halo will die.
Firstly had have you played the original Halo?
Secondly having a game sticking to its roots makes the franchise unique and sticking out.
Thirdly another example of another franchise of why it needs to go back to its roots is: CoD: Infinite Warfare.
Funny because everyone keep saying cod doesn't change enough
Well the change in Infinite is too much for one game in huge franchise just take a look at DOOM it has changes but the changes didn't affect the things that made DOOM special.
Not sure if it's true but I heard doom mp just rip off halo and cod
Im just happy were getting halo wars 2 this year :D but halo 6 on the otherhand should really build off of what halo 5 is right now i mean the multiplayer is just better than ever the graphics, well halo never looked better, I believe the three main things that should be worked on are campaign,better armor unlocking system(would love one similar to reach btw), and just making sure every gametype and playlist are there on launch day. Halo 6 can be great if they just work on what went wrong in halo 5. oh yeah and add a file browser in game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 22