Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Halo 6 Doesn't Need To Return To The Roots...

OP FLOWFUTURISTIC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 22
heh.. hehe.. hehehahaaa.. HAHAHAHAHAHA... haaaaaah.. are you for real right now???????
If they release it one year after release like most franchises, I will cry.
3 things to say.
1. UR OPINION
2. I think arena mechanics are cool just remove smartlink and make it zoom and give autos projection
3. ART STYLE SHOULD BE REACH STYLE
agreed
goodanhigh wrote:
I just hope halo doesn't try and mimic doom. That shotgun/melee fest isn't the arena experience I want for halo.
I'd rather have doom than cod
Halo has been getting better over the years, i do believe that yes they probably sold halo 5 guardians too soon and in the process they do not have the maps you are looking for, but hey even though they didnt it makes it fun by adding new maps every so often making playing them same map twice rare anymore in Arena. Warzone yes i think is loosing its flare, it needs something new. Halo 6 needs to be a continuation of halo 5, anything lower like reach will not be compatible with how fast the game has been becoming, halo 5 was really fast and so indepth with a great story, they need to continu with this
Death Nooga -

No. Your opinion can't be wrong. But that is an intellectual cop out that holds no water and is grounds for a dismissal of your arguments (were you to make any)
you are the best mod ever. we need many more just like you.
We seriously do, fact based arguments are better than the "lets silence descent" approach.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Since I don't think anyone has said it yet, Black Ops 3 is a terrible pile of -Yoink-. Complete garbage.
spartan charge is a pathetic gimmick, thruster pack is a true get out of jail free card that promotes defensive gameplay and escapism tactics, slide is fine, ground pound is a gimmick but a fun one..just need a bit of a splash damage nerf, stabalize is annoying but not that big of a deal, sprint is...whatever...and clamber is...seemingly harmless but looking at the maps...it really seems like if you took out every single ability except for clamber the maps would function pretty much the same way...maybe better...less cheap gimmicky crap...they are clearly not designed for sprint..they ar too small...they are not designed for any of the other gimmicks...except what...a gameplay flow breaking jump you may not be able to do without thruster
Warfuntime wrote:
spartan charge is a pathetic gimmick, thruster pack is a true get out of jail free card that promotes defensive gameplay and escapism tactics, slide is fine, ground pound is a gimmick but a fun one..just need a bit of a splash damage nerf, stabalize is annoying but not that big of a deal, sprint is...whatever...and clamber is...seemingly harmless but looking at the maps...it really seems like if you took out every single ability except for clamber the maps would function pretty much the same way...maybe better...less cheap gimmicky crap...they are clearly not designed for sprint..they ar too small...they are not designed for any of the other gimmicks...except what...a gameplay flow breaking jump you may not be able to do without thruster
Cod kids like gimmicks
Halo has been getting better over the years, i do believe that yes they probably sold halo 5 guardians too soon and in the process they do not have the maps you are looking for, but hey even though they didnt it makes it fun by adding new maps every so often making playing them same map twice rare anymore in Arena. Warzone yes i think is loosing its flare, it needs something new. Halo 6 needs to be a continuation of halo 5, anything lower like reach will not be compatible with how fast the game has been becoming, halo 5 was really fast and so indepth with a great story, they need to continu with this
This makes me sad, one of the things that always made Halo stand out to me as a franchise was how slow the gameplay is in comparison to all these modern arcade shooters, and now people want Halo faster and faster. Speed isn't everything.
This makes me sad, one of the things that always made Halo stand out to me as a franchise was how slow the gameplay is in comparison to all these modern arcade shooters, and now people want Halo faster and faster. Speed isn't everything.
Gotta follow those trends, amiright? Never mind the fact that Halo might have been better when it was slower.
One thing I never understood is the peoples shout for CHANGE!

Look at Call of Duty, everyone complained about it being the same Call of Duty every year but then when they introduced change (Exo's and Abilities) everyone denounced them for it. There is something to be said for that, change doesn't always mean better. Back in the day when I popped a Call of Duty game in, I knew I was going to get the same exact experience I expected. This is going somewhere trust me. Halo however, since the move over to 343i has adopted the mindset that dramatic change is what we want when simply put, it isn't (or at least isn't for me). When I put Halo in, I expect to play Halo but it just seems that Halo 4 and 5 were so out of the ordinary that it's just a turn off. Look at all the Halo's up too Halo Reach, yeah they were different but they built on top of one another so well! It was fundamentally Halo just with tweaks. A good example of a series doing this right is Battlefield, look at how they innovate with every installation and yet when you play them you know exactly what experience you should expect.
"Halo doesn't need to go back to the roots, my first real Halo was Halo 4"

First indication of a casual, your opinion doesn't matter
Don't flame bro, everyone's opinion is valid
vRecN wrote:

The OP has no educated argument no base. I have been here since 2001 and I can say something about how halo has turned for the worst.
I think that the one big change halo 6 needs, is the story. I would love to see a story that gives us a reason to give a sh*t about the new characters. You do have a point, however i do have lots of fun on warzone .
It will never go back to the old original Halo styles (CE-3). It's all about money for them now. They could care less. As long as they are getting their REQ money everything is fine.

Why do you think we don't even have a Snipers or Doubles playlist 7+ months into the game? Because the core fan base of Halo has changed. Gone are the days of playing for hours online with your friends trying to rank up to 50. Now it's all about how many $10 packs you can open to get a H2A BR! /s

This whole new RNG package formula thats popular among console shooters right now is for the new generation.
I really hope that that is not true, because that would mean the death of many video games for me. I am technically a "Millennial', and people love to make generalizations about my generation, which I wish I could unassociate with (I don't care about smart phones, selfies, or other silly fads that are attributed to that generation). Then I know even less about the kids lumped into the newest generation. I guess that just because a lot of people may play certain games does not necessarily mean that certain features added in are actually liked. I think Halo will continue to be popular just for having the "Halo" label on it, no matter how much it changes down the line. Companies really need to stop going off of generalized statistics and silly social media fads and whatnot to determine what to add to their games, movies, etc.... We all know how much of it is just that: generalizations.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
vRecN wrote:

The OP has no educated argument no base. I have been here since 2001 and I can say something about how halo has turned for the worst.
I agree with you, Halo has turned for the worst but that doesn't mean anyone has the right to diminish the validity of another persons view. Everyone deserve the right to an opinion new to the franchise or veterans like ourselves. I just like to see everyone getting along ^_^
First of all, my first "real" Halo game was Halo 4. What I mean by this is that Halo 4 was the first game I sat down and played over and over and it was the first one that I played the entire campaign start to finish.
To be honest, I think you belong to a sizable percentage of Halo's remaining fanbase, along with the Reach kids. I don't point this out to be disparaging, but because it's directly relevant to your core thesis. To put it simply: people who want Halo to go back to its roots want Halo to be fun, competitive, replayable, diverse, etc. They want it to be Halo. You need something more specific than this to solve the problem.

I think your appraisal of the current problems is pretty shallow. You don't like that people try to win in social playlists? OK. That's nice. To be frank, the relative "sweatiness" and stressfulness comes down to a lot of core gameplay issues that have been discussed at length. You want to play Halo without any of the competitive elements and with a bunch of meaningless carrots to string you along and manufacture faux engagement? I can't say I'm surprised that you're a big H4 fan. The problem is that most people weren't. In that sense, H5 was a step in the right direction. It just fails on a bunch of other fronts. H5 lacks most of the social appeal of H4, and yet still clings to all of the modern garbage that undermines the competitive experience as well. When you try to throw that chaotic, thrust-sliding, spartan charging, bum-jumping -Yoink- into a social experience, it's just not going to be as laid back. And that basically comes down to the fact that Halo 5 has raised the skill floor with a bunch of needless complexity and clutter, while the skill ceiling is still well below a game like Halo CE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 22