Halo 6 for the Scorpio Xbox

OP Will MI6

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
How is Halo 6 even going to run on the current Xbox One when the more powerful Scorpio Xbox One is coming out in 2017? Halo 6's obviously being developed for the better Scorpio console considering the game is coming out in 2018. It will be the same game, sharing the same playerbase, yet one will run at 40 fps and the other at 60 fps and have better graphics? Microsoft really doesn't think through ripping people off, it's literally only cash that matters to them. Definitely not the consumer In any way, shape, or form.
Could be likely in light of the recent leaks and announcements today.

There are ways to improve graphical fidelity without impacting performance and visa versa. I'd say it's likely to offer higher resolutions while maintaining 60Hz. Remember, in Halo 5's engine the tick rate is linked directly to the framerate. Unless they overhaul the engine it will remain at 60Hz.

If there is a new xbox, I'd say the most likely thing is that it will run all the same games, but being more powerful will offer an 'ultra' suite of automatic settings depending on how powerful it is, so things like more Anti-Alaising, higher resolution, better reflections, higher detailed textures, more advanced lighting etc etc.

Maybe they could even offer splitscreen. Who knows.

All speculation at this stage. All I'm saying is, I doubt they're going to go about making the entire base of xbox one owners feel 'ripped off'. Anything developed for a new and more powerful Xbox will be completely backwards compatible (as they have already stated) but will likely just be prettier.
What the hell is the Scorpio Xbox?
could you link where you heard it.
Here you go.
Newer xbox that may be releasing in 2017 with an upgraded gpu to run oculus rift games. I highly doubt this will effect anything else for a while.
Thorulfr wrote:
Here you go.
Thank you
It won't matter, games get better over a consoles lifespan as devs learn new tricks. It's up to 343 to learn those new tricks to maximise performance. Also most who have a xbox one won't upgrade, no reason to. Remembers red rings, *shudders*
Thorulfr wrote:
Here you go.
Ha ha! Props bruv.
Is Microsoft really pulling this -Yoink- again? :/

Great a more powerful Xbox...except everyone who already bought an Xbox is just being enticed to spend another few hundred dollars on a slight upgrade. His "we don't want to wait eight years for technology" comment is concerning...please tell me we won't be getting a new xbox every two years. In which case the "consoles are cheaper" argument will finally be indefensible.
Nooga wrote:
Newer xbox that may be releasing in 2017 with an upgraded gpu to run oculus rift games. I highly doubt this will effect anything else for a while.
So you're telling me I won't be able to play with the Oculus Rift on my Xbox One and that I'll have to buy an entirely new Xbox already? I'd be genuinely pissed if they already forget about the Xbox One. I'd even be more pissed if Halo 6 won't run properly one the Xbox One.
Honestly, they should give us the ability to lock the frame rates however we want like for example Bioshock on the Xbox 360. 30 or 40 fps for upgraded visuals and 60 fps while sacrificing the visuals. I don't mind small frame rate dips. 30 fps isn't bad, 40-50 is actually pretty good.
Nooga wrote:
So you're telling me I won't be able to play with the Oculus Rift on my Xbox One and that I'll have to buy an entirely new Xbox already? I'd be genuinely pissed if they already forget about the Xbox One. I'd even be more pissed if Halo 6 won't run properly one the Xbox One.
I believe Oculus Rift games require quite a lot from the hardware so i am not really surprised if thats the case.
To soon to tell as there is not enough info on the new Xbox.
Ramir3z77 wrote:

Great a more powerful Xbox...except everyone who already bought an Xbox is just being enticed to spend another few hundred dollars on a slight upgrade. His "we don't want to wait eight years for technology" comment is concerning...please tell me we won't be getting a new xbox every two years. In which case the "consoles are cheaper" argument will finally be indefensible.
It's unacceptable to increase the GPU for a console during a single generation and release it as a new console for $500. And I'm not kidding I heard its gonna be $500. All Xbox One owners got ripped off because the Scorpio is getting all the new games (like Halo 6) to run much better on it, with a terrible version for current XB1 considering the Scorpio is "4x more powerful than the current model". I don't understand how a supposed upgrade is 4x more powerful. That shouldn't be an upgrade it should just be a new generation. This is a gigantic rip off for millions of XB1 owners. Here are the links, sorry I couldn't reply I was sleeping:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/smaller-xbox-reportedly-coming-in-2016-more-powerful-scorpio-in-2017
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/report-new-xbox-4x-as-powerful-as-current-model
Will MI6 wrote:
How is Halo 6 even going to run on the current Xbox One when the more powerful Scorpio Xbox One is coming out in 2017? Halo 6's obviously being developed for the better Scorpio console considering the game is coming out in 2018. It will be the same game, sharing the same playerbase, yet one will run at 40 fps and the other at 60 fps and have better graphics? Microsoft really doesn't think through ripping people off, it's literally only cash that matters to them. Definitely not the consumer In any way, shape, or form.
What are you talking about?

IF halo 6 is being developed from the ground up to support both the Xbox one and Scorpio, what makes you think the One version would perform worse than Halo 5 does currently?

If any thing the Scorpio version would just have a performance boost (higher resolution, better textures, uncapped framerate), but the Xb1 version would target 60fps minimum.

Also how does not being forced to upgrade your console equate to being "ripped off" ?

i think you are way to hung up on the concept of "new generations" as that business model is going the way of the dodo bird. Instead, devices will be forward and backward compatible (like your cellphone) and you upgrade your hardware whenever you feel like it.
Don't remember which article it was but they also pointed out that H6 was most likely coming to PC as well
M$ once again screwing over the early adopters! And I've purchased TWO Xbox Ones!! One at launch, one H5 edition...
Will MI6 wrote:
What are you talking about?

IF halo 6 is being developed from the ground up to support both the Xbox one and Scorpio, what makes you think the One version would perform worse than Halo 5 does currently?

If any thing the Scorpio version would just have a performance boost (higher resolution, better textures, uncapped framerate), but the Xb1 version would target 60fps minimum.

Also how does not being forced to upgrade your console equate to being "ripped off" ?
It's 4x more powerful, all new games are definitely going to be primarily made for the Scorpio XB1. They wouldn't waste time perfecting a game on an old model that's 4x less powerful. I don't even know how it's going to even be possible in general to run these new games on XB1. Framerate will most likely be 60 fps capped on Scorpio and 20-60 fps like how it is currently, for XB1. It's a rip off because millions of people will be buying the much worse versions of the games that will be coming out, for old hardware. Yeah will be forwards/backwards compatible but the games will run much worse on an inferior model, 4x worse.
Ramir3z77 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. "A new Xbox? W-what the...?! I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW XBOX!!!!"

Unless they let us trade in our Xbox Ones in exchange for these new Xboxes, or at least give us a reasonable discount from the trade in, I don't think it will be worth it.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. "A new Xbox? W-what the...?! I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW XBOX!!!!"
oh boy...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14