[Locked] Halo 6 going back to classic halo

OP Prom37h3us

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
I wouldn't care, just as long as it's fun.
Prom37h3us wrote:
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
I'd start collecting threads blaming the population on sprint (or Spartan abilities or x), so I could remind people of it when there wasn't a massive increase in population.
I wouldnt be happy. If I want classic Halo, I'll play classic halo. I want a new halo to feel like a new game. And right now, gameplay-wise, Halo is the damn closest we've gotten for a good mix of old and new.

Sprint can leave though. DOOM '16 proved that sprint isnt needed in a modern shooter.
I wouldn't be mad, but they new gen players would get bored and frustrated with how we use to play. The days were skill gap was a thing.
RBaziFX wrote:
I wouldn't be mad, but they new gen players would get bored and frustrated with how we use to play. The days were skill gap was a thing.
Because there is no skill gap in Halo 5? ...
JLC4LIFE wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
Because there is no skill gap in Halo 5? ...
No there is. Let me rephrase that, shown skill gap. Proven skill gap. Ranking skill gap. When you have onyx players playing like silvers every other match there is something wrong.
I like playing MCC, but at the same time, its is incredibly frustratingly slower gameplay. I enjoy sprinting in every FPS game i play. Its frustrating when I can't, this includes the older Halos and Overwatch. Would it stop me from buying it if they removed sprint? no. But I think the younger players have grown to expect it unless the base movement is stupidly fast like Doom, which I don't like either. I think that There are a lot of reasons why people have left the halo series. I think adding sprint is very very low on the list. But that is just my opinion and speculation. But to answer your question clearly, I think to the mass public going back to classic style play only would be bad. But I would love to see a single gametype with the old style added to games going forward.
Prom37h3us wrote:
I'd start collecting threads blaming the population on sprint (or Spartan abilities or x), so I could remind people of it when there wasn't a massive increase in population.
It's gonna take a few game releases for Halo to recover. 343 has burned too many fans hense why sales keep getting lower. A single good game release cannot fix this mess.
I wouldnt be happy. If I want classic Halo, I'll play classic halo. I want a new halo to feel like a new game. And right now, gameplay-wise, Halo is the damn closest we've gotten for a good mix of old and new.

Sprint can leave though. DOOM '16 proved that sprint isnt needed in a modern shooter.
If you wanted an entirely new game feel than why don't people play a different series? I never understood where this "it's a sequel so it needs to be very different" you don't play a sequel for a completely different experience, you play it because of what the previous did right.
I like sprint and spartan abilities. What I want is a game where everyone starts with the same weapons and finds power weapons, power ups and vehicles on the map. Also want elites to come back. Also want game modes that are not just copy and past of slayer, but true halo game modes, BTB, BTVB, Invasion, zombies/flood, Griffball, Recoshet, regecite, etc. Also, irregular maps instead of the bax maps in Halo 5. One last thing, A GOOD CAMPAIGN THAT IS AT LEAST 8 hours on normal and no spartan teammates with stupid AI.
Forgat: No REQ's and no unlockables, have everything for customization day 1.
Prom37h3us wrote:
exactly. All of these classic fans thing that taking back to its old form will be good. But it wont. All they need to do is take of their nostalgia goggles and release that they are just the vocal minority.
As a forward-thinker that enjoys Halo 5 quite a lot, this would upset me a bit... I was growing tired of older Halo gameplay. H5 spiced things up quite nicely...
Prom37h3us wrote:
exactly. All of these classic fans thing that taking back to its old form will be good. But it wont. All they need to do is take of their nostalgia goggles and release that they are just the vocal minority.
Actually there is no way to know how the population will be affected, just like there is no way to know what (or more likely which) factor (s) lead to it dropping off since Halo 2. However, I've seen many claims that removing sprint (or Spartan charge or hitscan or x) will suddenly cause the population to boom which is frankly reeks of magical thinking. I don't find it likely that any one factor will lead to a massive change in population (except maybe going multiplatform or being released on F2P model.)
I hated sprint in H4 and Reach. With H5 they nerfed it very fairly by making a wait period of no sprinting before they would recharge. I now have no complaints with sprint, except the combination of spartan charge and a smaller radar. Either make the radar bigger or get rid of it, or nerf spartan charge.
Prom37h3us wrote:
I'd still rent it due to 4 being better and worse then 5. It had better maps/playlist setup and campaign yet a horrible MP. In short, in no way would it effect me not purchasing it.
Johny45k wrote:

If you wanted an entirely new game feel than why don't people play a different series? I never understood where this "it's a sequel so it needs to be very different" you don't play a sequel for a completely different experience, you play it because of what the previous did right.
You play it for a little bit of both. You buy the sequel because of what you liked so much from the predecessor. But you also don't want the same exact experience; that's just lazy and kind of a silly thing to spend $60 on. If a series gets redundant, then so long, I'm bored. If it changes too much, then it starts to become unrecognizable and runs into problems ... it's hard to be a franchise for the better part of 20 years without one of those things happening. Halo happened to go the change-a-tad-too-much route which, fortunately for me, I prefer, because if it hadn't, and I'd been playing essentially the same game for 15 years, I would have gotten bored and left. I still play CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 a lot ... you know why? Because there's a good reason to. That reason is: they're different. I can play Halo 5 and Halo 2 in the same sitting and they're both Halo and different at the same time and it's awesome. But that's just me and my opinion.
Isn't that how Halo sequels should have been.
I think that would be awsome like the good old halo 3
Prom37h3us wrote:
That would be classic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6