Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Halo 6 going back to classic halo

OP Prom37h3us

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Prom37h3us wrote:
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
That would be classic.
So instead of making a brand new game for it. Make a classic play mode. No sprint, no abilities, old and new maps. Everyone wins. Even if it's just slayer, btb and objective.
That wouldn't work in my opinion make a classic and a normal playlists just splits people and the majority will play what would be considered as the main game, also the maps are Taylor made for the Spartan abilities and sprint so playing classic halo would not work on the maps and the game experience would suffer. It's either classic or not classic for me a classic playlist with the main gane having Spartan abilities and sprint would not work, if take it over nothing but I think I would prefer a game with no sprint, thrusters can stay, clgroubd pound and clamber can stay but Spartan charge is broken and I don't like sprint.
Prom37h3us wrote:
Prom37h3us wrote:
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
That would be classic.
So instead of making a brand new game for it. Make a classic play mode. No sprint, no abilities, old and new maps. Everyone wins. Even if it's just slayer, btb and objective.
That wouldn't work in my opinion make a classic and a normal playlists just splits people and the majority will play what would be considered as the main game, also the maps are Taylor made for the Spartan abilities and sprint so playing classic halo would not work on the maps and the game experience would suffer. It's either classic or not classic for me a classic playlist with the main gane having Spartan abilities and sprint would not work, if take it over nothing but I think I would prefer a game with no sprint, thrusters can stay, clgroubd pound and clamber can stay but Spartan charge is broken and I don't like sprint.
That would still split the community and give us what you see now. 20% of the community complains about Halo, believe me there are more new people who don't touch the forums because they are happy with the game. There are thousands of kids that play it because it's more modern. Classic playlist alone would kill this game. It's too late to go back.
When there is much content since release - sure why not would be awesome
Prom37h3us wrote:
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
I'd start collecting threads blaming the population on sprint (or Spartan abilities or x), so I could remind people of it when there wasn't a massive increase in population.
exactly. All of these classic fans thing that taking back to its old form will be good. But it wont. All they need to do is take of their nostalgia goggles and release that they are just the vocal minority.
Explain the sales then. Let's compare CE,2 and 5. I choose these 3 because Xbox One sales are comparable to the original Xbox sales around 25 million consoles sold. Halo CE sold 7 million copies without Xbox Live and Halo 2 sold 8 million and Halo 5 sold as of now less than 5 million. In addition to this number Halo 5 dropped in price a lot faster then CE and 2 it took 2 years for them to drop in price.Throw in the fact CE and 2 were always sold seperate and never had a bundle or were bundled with an Xbox makes there sales feat might impressive. Halo 5 not only had a bundle at launch with supplies lasting well into November but also a Spring bundle that lasted into the summer and now a Xbox Slim bundle with it. Take the Spring and Slim bundle out and the sales would be a lot less. Why? It's simple why buy an Xbox for 350.00 when at the same time you can get an Xbox for the same price with free games included even if your not interested in the game.
Sprint isn't the issue.
It's that after CoD:MW knocked Halo out of the one game a year crowd's rotation of Madden, NBA 2K, and CoD (no longer Halo) this community is only left with die hard Halo fans who are angry at anything and everything.
Snailo 6 would get me mad.
I would be as happy as I have never been since CE - Reach, honestly It would be awesome. But for those who like sprint, I don't think it should be completely removed. There should be an even amount of playlists with and without sprint, so everyone (ok maybe not everyone, but most people) would be happy.
Prom37h3us wrote:
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
I'd start collecting threads blaming the population on sprint (or Spartan abilities or x), so I could remind people of it when there wasn't a massive increase in population.
exactly. All of these classic fans thing that taking back to its old form will be good. But it wont. All they need to do is take of their nostalgia goggles and release that they are just the vocal minority.
Explain the sales then. Let's compare CE,2 and 5. I choose these 3 because Xbox One sales are comparable to the original Xbox sales around 25 million consoles sold. Halo CE sold 7 million copies without Xbox Live and Halo 2 sold 8 million and Halo 5 sold as of now less than 5 million. In addition to this number Halo 5 dropped in price a lot faster then CE and 2 it took 2 years for them to drop in price.Throw in the fact CE and 2 were always sold seperate and never had a bundle or were bundled with an Xbox makes there sales feat might impressive. Halo 5 not only had a bundle at launch with supplies lasting well into November but also a Spring bundle that lasted into the summer and now a Xbox Slim bundle with it. Take the Spring and Slim bundle out and the sales would be a lot less. Why? It's simple why buy an Xbox for 350.00 when at the same time you can get an Xbox for the same price with free games included even if your not interested in the game.
it like comparing apples to oranges. All you have to do is compare the market today to back then and realize the difference. Not only was there less competition back then but there were lower standards and different standards. The market has changed today and i could almost assure you that less people would like the classic gameplay compared to the newer gameplay. It might get more sales because classic has been talked up so much and they only remember how good it was (nostalgia) but people will soon realize that it is not the game that they want. To top it off halo CE and 2 were on PC as well.
Just as long as way more content with halo 5 and none of these" Microtansactions"
Sprint isn't the issue.
It's that after CoD:MW knocked Halo out of the one game a year crowd's rotation of Madden, NBA 2K, and CoD (no longer Halo) this community is only left with die hard Halo fans who are angry at anything and everything.
Snailo 6 would get me mad.
I kind of disagree with your point but snailo 6 is to funny to care
RBaziFX wrote:
I wouldn't be mad, but they new gen players would get bored and frustrated with how we use to play. The days were skill gap was a thing.
That's the biggest change right there, most of the new generation of players who love halo 5 are used to games like COD where pure skill and talent weren't a necessity.
I'm not saying there's no such thing as skill in games like COD, but in Halo 2 - Reach if you weren't skilled, you wouldn't stand a chance against veteran players. Which is how it should be.
I miss games where only those with pure talent would rise and you can't just win through luck.
Prom37h3us wrote:
Wanted to know what peoples reactions would be if 343 announced that halo 6 would be going back to classic Halo. No sprint and no spartan abilities just 4 guys in red vs 4 guys in blue, no tricks just accurate shooting and team work. What would you guys think, good thing or bad thing?
I'd start collecting threads blaming the population on sprint (or Spartan abilities or x), so I could remind people of it when there wasn't a massive increase in population.
exactly. All of these classic fans thing that taking back to its old form will be good. But it wont. All they need to do is take of their nostalgia goggles and release that they are just the vocal minority.
Explain the sales then. Let's compare CE,2 and 5. I choose these 3 because Xbox One sales are comparable to the original Xbox sales around 25 million consoles sold. Halo CE sold 7 million copies without Xbox Live and Halo 2 sold 8 million and Halo 5 sold as of now less than 5 million. In addition to this number Halo 5 dropped in price a lot faster then CE and 2 it took 2 years for them to drop in price.Throw in the fact CE and 2 were always sold seperate and never had a bundle or were bundled with an Xbox makes there sales feat might impressive. Halo 5 not only had a bundle at launch with supplies lasting well into November but also a Spring bundle that lasted into the summer and now a Xbox Slim bundle with it. Take the Spring and Slim bundle out and the sales would be a lot less. Why? It's simple why buy an Xbox for 350.00 when at the same time you can get an Xbox for the same price with free games included even if your not interested in the game.
it like comparing apples to oranges. All you have to do is compare the market today to back then and realize the difference. Not only was there less competition back then but there were lower standards and different standards. The market has changed today and i could almost assure you that less people would like the classic gameplay compared to the newer gameplay. It might get more sales because classic has been talked up so much and they only remember how good it was (nostalgia) but people will soon realize that it is not the game that they want. To top it off halo CE and 2 were on PC as well.
CE went against GTA 3. Halo 2 went against San Andreas and Half Life 2. There was a lot of competition back then from other games as well. I didn't include CE and 2 PC sales above just Xbox Sales.
I WOuld be the happiest man alive. Can’t stand the direction halo is going in under 343. Fingers crossed they will listen to the MAJORITY of fans, then they will earn my respect Atleast. #makehalogreatagain #makehalo,haloagain
As much as I would like that I doubt it would be a great game. They are still trying to nail the enhanced mobility halo they always wanted with very little success. It would take them at least 3 or 4 more halo's to make a true form Halo.
It feels like they are a still shooting from the hip when it comes to halo in any form. Crossing their fingers with every change or implementation. I suppose thats what you get when you hire a team that hates halo.

The key and peele skit about gremlins 2 reminds me of what it must be like at the 343 thinking table.
There's plenty of active wishlist threads, please don't revive old ones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6