Halo 6 to be more like Reach

OP UncleJake19

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 41
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
i love reach. i can't wait for it to be one the one. its how i bonded with my wife.
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
God I love Reach.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
-Maps weren't as good
-Ranking system wasn't skill based
-Armor abilities unbalanced a lot of things
-The story messed with the canon
-Bloom affected skill in a bad way
-Guns not as balanced
-et cetera

I'm not saying Reach was bad—I like the game very much—but a lot of people would prefer Halo 3.
With the community constantly talking about Reach and comparing everything to Reach I really think the best option right now is a remastered 1080P 60FPS Halo Reach. Win win for everyone
Halo reach was a major killjoy. I hope to god theyd never go back that direction.
Armor abilities killed Reach's multiplayer, and its campaign was even worse. 5 years later, I still don't understand why this closest-to-objectively-bad-that-I-can-imagine shooter is hailed as even passable, let alone the best in the series.
Armor abilities killed Reach's multiplayer, and its campaign was even worse. 5 years later, I still don't understand why this closest-to-objectively-bad-that-I-can-imagine shooter is hailed as even passable, let alone the best in the series.
I know right? Im completely dumbfounded as to why people liked it as much as they did.
If they took the abilities out of Reach, and then added map pickups (similar to Halo 3), the gameplay would be super fun.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
I loved Reach, but that style of gameplay isn't what the numbered titles are about. We don't need AAs or low jump height, I'd rather have equipment in the form of on map pickups to complement the Spartan abilities.

I liked Reach's menus, armour and material design, sound, music, forge, graphics, playlist variety, user generated content and weapon balance. Firefight was also fantastic.
With the exception of music and graphics I'd say Reach is still the best in the series at all those things. It gets way too much flak imo. I enjoy the MP more than CE lol and I like CE, only games that top its MP are 2/3 and maybe 5.
343 thought that making loadouts customizable instead of pre made loadouts would be better but it just screwed up balancing. They should have just left the pre made loadout system that reach had.
even though I played halo 3 way more than I did with reach.. I prefer halo reach way more. Also to the people that are complaining with armor lock come on... they are sitting ducks.
It's funny because, back then, Halo: Reach was hated so much. But... I'm inclined to agree with you.

In hindsight, Reach wasn't a bad game, in fact it was a great game, it just wasn't a good Halo game, in my opinion. It was still insanely fun to play, especially because of the customization of Firefight.

Halo 4 was the one that made me realize just how good Reach actually was because, at the time, I couldn't imagine a Halo game being worse than Reach. Then Halo 4 came along, and boy was I wrong.

So while I wouldn't say Halo: Reach is the greatest of the Halos, it certainly isn't the worst and I hold it up there with the original 3. I can't wait for it to become available for backwards compatibility.
You want AAs even though they almost killed halo? Ha
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Yeah. Bloom, lack of original maps, jetpack, invis, weak vehicles, retconned canon.
If they ever make anything close to that stinking pile of puked on sundried garbage...

Worst Halo game
Possible the worst shooter I've ever played. (Yep I seriously hated it that much)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 41