OP UncleJake19

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 41
If they ever make anything close to that stinking pile of puked on sundried garbage...

Worst Halo game
Possible the worst shooter I've ever played. (Yep I seriously hated it that much)
No wonder you hate it you hardly played it lol
Reach was awful. I will not buy Halo 6 if it reminds me of Reach. I have not enjoyed a Halo as much as Halo 5 since Halo 2, and I have not played one as much as 5 since 3. Literally played Reach for the achievements, and then I promptly quit.
LKG Gluby wrote:
If they ever make anything close to that stinking pile of puked on sundried garbage...

Worst Halo game
Possible the worst shooter I've ever played. (Yep I seriously hated it that much)
I actually played it quite a lot. Was there from the Noble pack to Defiant. I remember the Super Slayer update and ZBNS. So yeah, I was there for it all. And it was straight up terrible.
LKG Gluby wrote:

Worst Halo game
I actually played it quite a lot. Was there from the Noble pack to Defiant. I remember the Super Slayer update and ZBNS. So yeah, I was there for it all. And it was straight up terrible.
I was meh about halo reach until I hit the rank field marshal. From that point on I loved reach through Matchmaking to custom games to Forge.
LKG Gluby wrote:
LKG Gluby wrote:

Worst Halo game
I was meh about halo reach until I hit the rank field marshal. From that point on I loved reach through Matchmaking to custom games to Forge.
I'll be honest about one of the biggest turn offs for me. I hate single shot rifles. I've always been more of a burst guy on any game and the fact that the BR wasn't even in the game and the fact that you started with a dmr that had crazy bloom and unbalanced AAs. Yeah, that game was never meant for me to like lol. I just tolerated it until 4.
Armor abilities killed Reach's multiplayer, and its campaign was even worse. 5 years later, I still don't understand why this closest-to-objectively-bad-that-I-can-imagine shooter is hailed as even passable, let alone the best in the series.
I know right? Im completely dumbfounded as to why people liked it as much as they did.
They're all doing it purely because of rose-tinted goggles due to Reach not being in the MCC thus they haven't played it so recently. Reach was awful, really made Halo feel less unique, it lost that Halo feel. Armor abilities were the worst, and gave 4 that big push to being awful aswell.

5 has the armor abilities perfect, literally built in and barely anything more than mobility enhancers. No terrible armor lock.
I am so surprised that Halo: Reach's campaign was actually disliked by people. Games are more memorable when they are emotional and deep. Reach's campaign is by far the most emotionally rich game and is undoubtedly the best.
I am so surprised that Halo: Reach's campaign was actually disliked by people. Games are more memorable when they are emotional and deep. Reach's campaign is by far the most emotionally rich game and is undoubtedly the best.
That ending doe as noble 6 :(
God no im a huge halo fan, have been since it started. Halo reach in my opinion was the worst halo ever made. Worse than even halo wars:P yup
ok here i just reply the the op bullet points.
Mp was garbage lol, simple as that Bloom was terrible made the game random bs, and gave the game this horrible clunky feeling. Then armour abilites were never balanced and took away alot from knowing what an enermy had before you faught them. And lets not forget the horrrific Armour lock that was the biggest joke ive seen in a mp fps in my entire 33 years of life lol
Oh then we have the mp maps that were all totally wripped right out of the campagin and so it got boring prity damn fast, and it also made playing the campagin in those mp areas kinda boring as you had been there a million times already.
Then you have armour customization and rank, sure there were a ton of choices to go for , but you needed insaine amoutns of XP to get everything, even more if you wanted the armour modifications for things like lightning. Im prity sure like only 5% of the population even have that even today.And so the game became a almost MMO grind fest, with tones of people in mp going afk to farm for xp, people abusing firefight 24/7 for xp and then you had achivments for mp that were totally stupid yet you had the achvment whores messing up games because they needed 3 meele kills with the flag.
Firefight was good, i'll give reach that but still wasnt even as close to as good as the FF in halo ODST which nailed it.
Forge yes that was good 2, came along way since halo 3 and was fantastic infact i probably made maps more than i played halo reach mp or sp lol So fair enough.
Campagin, OMG what a load of crap lol. im sorry but its terrible. lol AS a big fan of the halo law it just took it and threw it all out of the window, it was like playing the game and thinking omg what the -Yoink- are bungie doing? For example
The Pillar of Autumn as seen in Halo: Reach was grounded and preparing to launch, this is not true, in the books it was already in space, hell it was even built in space at the time because it was so damn big lol.
So if that the case then cortana couldnt of been deliverd , and thus the entire spartan mission was totally pointles lol. I remember thinking this as i was playing and thinking that the mission they was on was not all they were told because it just didnt make any sence.
Even the battle itself in Halo: Reach is completely wrong, the Pillar of Autumn was surprise attacked by a Covenant Carrier and narrowly destroyed it because of Cortanas skill and capability taking control of the ship.
They then turned around and make full thrust to return to Reach in an attempt to join the fleet in orbit, which they were unable to do. They then witnessed the battle for reach from a large distance and on approach, there were approximately one hundred fifty UNSC ships in orbit, with approximately three hundred Covenant ships preparing to attack from afar.
By the time the Pillar of Autumn came into range of the battle in was nearly to late. John(master chief)Linda, and James, were dispatched to secure navigation data from a space dock to keep it out of Covenant hands, while the rest of the Spartan-IIs were sent to the surface of Reach to defend key instillations that powered the SUPER-MAC orbital platforms that defended the planet, similar to the Cairo Station as seen in Halo2.
James was died, Linda was mortally wounded, John as well as SGT Johnson and a few marines who were on the station escaped back to the Pillar of Autumn, and they jumped to slipstream-space to Halo shortly after.
They took what could of been an amazing story from the books and basicly re wrote it and it wasnt even close to as good either. then if that isnt bad enough you have the Spartan 3s lol According to the book 'ghosts of onyx' the III program started in the year 2531, with candidates of ages six, doing the math, the oldest possible IIIs in existence would at oldest be twenty seven years old.
When looking at Carters profile on Halopedia, we see that he is in fact thirty two years of age, this is impossible, not to mention that the first two batches of IIIs had all died off. Only kat is close to the age to be alive lol.
When the first books came out (Fall of Reach, in fact) Bungie announced that the books were canon. Then they made this game seemingly as if they hadn't read the books at all
Thats just the story, lets not forget the serious tone , the first halo game that removed the english voices of gunts. The insaine about of kill zones and invisible walls everywhere. And the poorly written s3 team that everytime one of them died you just tried to care but couldnt, and the only one that came close to the feels was jorge because you had a slight connection to him as he was an orginal spartan 2. Somthing that was already pre written in other media.
Reach is part of the reason 343i probably felt like they had to tie togther the differnce betwen the books and the games so there wouldnt be these huge gaps and errors in the halo cannon.
SpitFlame wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
-Maps weren't as good
-Ranking system wasn't skill based
-Armor abilities unbalanced a lot of things
-The story messed with the canon
-Bloom affected skill in a bad way
-Guns not as balanced
-et cetera

I'm not saying Reach was bad—I like the game very much—but a lot of people would prefer Halo 3.
I like Halo 3 more but Reach had more content.
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
But it's limited use and prevents movement, which is always important. I've never had any troubles with armor lockers. Aside from stickies, but I'd consider that a legitimate use for such an ability. Either way, anyone I've seen use armor lock sealed their own demise if it wasn't against a vehicle.
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
Reach's Firefight was bleh at best. Halo 3 ODST had a MUCH better version and was just all around tougher.

And Halo 5's campaign was pretty good and action packed and quite emotional for me (with the whole Cortana thing).
Keep 5's gunplay and abilities, add Reach's customization, get a new writer for the story and H6 will be golden.
I gave up on Reach after getting Nova rank after 2 years of playing offline and then finally getting Xbox Live Gold for my birthday, which apparently deranks you, making you lose all your cool looking gear...
DreadGrunt wrote:
Keep 5's gunplay and abilities, add Reach's customization, get a new writer for the story and H6 will be golden.
^ this and
- No more REQs (for vehicles and weapons in Warzone only will be okay)
- Call them credits instead of REQ points because "muh halo canon," and I want to buy the armor I WANT, not get them randomly.
- Firefight!
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
Reach was very fun cool to play a campaign with your very own spartan and I do wish we still had firefight was so much fun taking on waves of enemy's with friends
SpitFlame wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
-Maps weren't as good
-Ranking system wasn't skill based
-Armor abilities unbalanced a lot of things
-The story messed with the canon
-Bloom affected skill in a bad way
-Guns not as balanced
-et cetera

I'm not saying Reach was bad—I like the game very much—but a lot of people would prefer Halo 3.
Maps were based on Campaign but damn werent there some amazing Forged maps.
Ranking was based om the stupid eSport BS and thats where the ranking failed for the next installments, eSports is the stupidest thing because it only caters to MLG, wheres the love for the casuals?
Depending on what you mean by unbalanced, give me more details
Bloom wasnt bad if you actually paced your shots accordingly, though the randomness because of an enemy players being able to spam you and sill win which could have been fixed
Guns were indeed balanced in my opinion of course
Reach is my favorite Halo and probably always will be but I would much rather they just came out with an anniversary edition then redo the game completely. 2020 I am assuming the anniversary will come out. Hopefully sooner.
DreadGrunt wrote:
Bring Joe back, he did better than whatever writer they did for Halo 5
agreed, reach was the best. Story and all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 41