2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 41
I love how all of a sudden everyone's super up tight about Reach's canon lol, and then others who say it's the downfall of halo are just THOSE fans, the halo 2 fanboys who think every other halo is bad except for halo 3 since it was a carbon clone of 2.

Halo Reach was the best halo imo, and 343 needs to change halo back to that military feel again, not space power rangers
Halo reach was trash I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that
Agree. Halo Reach 8snt undeservingly the most hated but best Halo to date.
I'm sorry guys but being solely a competitive game (halo 2/5) doesn't make it better than Reach. Reach STILL blows most games out of the water in terms of content
Carry on
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
reach was terrible Halo 2, and halo 3 are where its at.
Two words: Black Undersuits.
SpitFlame wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
-Maps weren't as good
-Ranking system wasn't skill based
-Armor abilities unbalanced a lot of things
-The story messed with the canon
-Bloom affected skill in a bad way
-Guns not as balanced
-et cetera

I'm not saying Reach was bad—I like the game very much—but a lot of people would prefer Halo 3.
if i'm being honest halo 3 multiplayer is boring in comparison to reach still had my best times in reach, halo 3 was just frustrating (only campaign and the new introduced forge were amazing at the time) altough i still come back to both halo reach and halo 3 (mostly reach) just for campaign and sometimes firefight
Armor abilities were bad. I did not like Reach multiplayer, but the campaign was one off the best in Halo.
Firefight was a good coop mode.
Agree with you about reach, but the chances of 343 making a halo caliber halo game is impossible. The games they make are good but fall significantly short on the halo scale
You know most of this post thread is just people hating on Reach instead of an actual discussion of the game. From what I can see by skimming and actually reading your posts I can see a few things.
First there are actually people trying to talk to each other about their shared interest about the game and you have a lot of people jumping in to try and make them feel bad because their own experience with the game sucked.
Secondly, all the people who hate reach, use the same reasons, and nothing about your actual experience with the game. Most of you point out about the mechanics, design, and gameplay as lacking, and do you know why that it is laughable? It is laughable because you people are so spoiled and you are judging the game on todays standards of gaming and technology, reach was at a high standard at the time and it is unfair to say that it lacks the things we have now, because they didn't have the technology nor the ability to make the game any better than it was at the time.
Then you have people complaining about the content of the game. How odd that they would complain about a game that actually used player created content in multiplayer, or a game where the weapons aren't to exact liking of individuals who would rather use another gun custom tailored to their specific preferences or a game that gave more customizations options to your character than any Halo game.
Next you have people saying the ranking system was not skill based. Thats fine if you want one that displays how hard you worked to get a numbered score, but it was based to show dedication, not skill. It was made like that to give everyone the ability to have a reachable goal, that we can all share, not so one person can stand at the top with an impossibly high score.
Lastly, ARMOR LOCK. You people really make no sense. Your reasoning to hating armor lock is that it was the perfect counter to a lot of things. And do you know why it was the perfect counter to those things, its because it was designed to counter those specific scenarios. Sticky grenades, splatter, power weapons, explosions. These are all the things that cannot be countered head on unless you use armor lock. You rant about how people would just go into armor lock and whoop you, its because you don't learn anything. Armor lock is meant to perfectly counter those things and fail at everything else, thats its trade-off. Its meant to only protect you for those things, then if you use it wrong, you die. Armor lock added a danger to splattering people. People before and now go on splatter sprees unchecked, because there is no personal defense to counter it, what your gonna get a power weapon to shoot them before they can?, sorry you were spawn killed by a vehicle, or they boosted into you before you can do anything. Armor lock had a huge window of opportunity to be countered as well. You are immobile, you have a very tiny range of effect, once you come out of armor lock you can't move and extremely vulnerable. Thats how special abilities are balanced.

Halo is a constantly evolving franchise, yes there are things you don't like and yes there are mechanics that just don't work, but things change with the next game. You should be thanking reach. For all its faults and successes, we have learned from them and it, and now we move forward into making better games. Yes you personally didn't like this game and the things that made up the game, but others do, the game can't please everyone. Remember this for every one of you who do not like this game or certain other games, there are a thousand more who do like this game or that game. Yes you can tell us why you didn't like it, but to say a game is bad because you don't agree with it and thats all there is to it, shows that you have no patience and no respect for the work that people have put into making these games for everyones enjoyment.
SpitFlame wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
-Maps weren't as good
-Ranking system wasn't skill based
-Armor abilities unbalanced a lot of things
-The story messed with the canon
-Bloom affected skill in a bad way
-Guns not as balanced
-et cetera

I'm not saying Reach was bad—I like the game very much—but a lot of people would prefer Halo 3.
Maps weren't all the same.
Canon was perfectly okay.
Halo 3 sucked in my opinion, it felt like an HD reboot of Halo2 with a worse story and worse muliplayer
I really agree with this 343 should listen to you
I always felt Reach was a step back from Halo 3. IMO the maps were poor, I could not stand the DMR and the bloom effect, and don't get me started on the jetpack! that broke the gameplay for me as it was harder to predict where an enemy would come from - resulting in a lot of randomness. If it wasn't for my friends playing the game, I wouldn't of carried on playing it.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
saying Armor Lock was one of the least powerful abilities in reach is like saying we live on mars. Dude, you are straight up a martian if you think that -Yoink-.
I want Halo 6 to be like Halo 5 but with:

1) new prometheans (not just adding soldiers)
2) the flood
3) New vehicles (promethean, covenant and human - at least add a hornet or something!)
4) New weapons
5) leave the Spartan abilities, I like them lol
6) Leave arena and equal starts
7) new gametypes in warzone (or add some in Halo 5, why not?)
8) more maps
9) campaign with no levels of just walking around (or make the walking around a rally point in a mission)
10) more blue team

In conclusion, I don't want halo:reach 2. AA were not balanced. Bloom was terrible. Campaign didn't follow cannon. Kat was a moron
JAKERS365 wrote:
Lastly, ARMOR LOCK. You people really make no sense. Your reasoning to hating armor lock is that it was the perfect counter to a lot of things. And do you know why it was the perfect counter to those things, its because it was designed to counter those specific scenarios. Sticky grenades, splatter, power weapons, explosions. These are all the things that cannot be countered head on unless you use armor lock. You rant about how people would just go into armor lock and whoop you, its because you don't learn anything. Armor lock is meant to perfectly counter those things and fail at everything else, thats its trade-off. Its meant to only protect you for those things, then if you use it wrong, you die. Armor lock added a danger to splattering people. People before and now go on splatter sprees unchecked, because there is no personal defense to counter it, what your gonna get a power weapon to shoot them before they can?, sorry you were spawn killed by a vehicle, or they boosted into you before you can do anything. Armor lock had a huge window of opportunity to be countered as well. You are immobile, you have a very tiny range of effect, once you come out of armor lock you can't move and extremely vulnerable. Thats how special abilities are balanced.

i know there is no getting through to you man...
On a competitive level (by competitive, I mean you play every day with a team) --
In order to get rockets, your team has to set up and beat the other team to the rockets. That requires knowing the timing of the power weapon spawns, excellent communication between teammates, and a whole lot of teamwork and skill. All the enemy has to do is switch to jetpack or armor lock. All that took was dying and switching armor abilities to render your opponents hard work absolutely useless.

maybe at your casual level of play these armor abilities made perfect sense. that's great, keep playing reach.

But if you've ever played at a halfway decent competitive level there is no chance in hell armor lock, active camo or jetpack belongs in ANY halo game. There's no strategy, skill, or really even thinking involved with these armor abilities beyond: "huh... we are getting beat... let's all put on our JETPACKS!!!"

"Sticky grenades, splatter, power weapons, explosions." these are things you said can't be countered head on. But halo is all about decision making., you shouldn't ever put yourself in those situations to be killed by those things. A good player will hear a ghost coming and time their jump by looking at their radar. Power weapons, when used perfectly, should never be countered by something you get on spawn. The way you beat power weapons is communication and teamshooting with the DMR or getting your own power weapon.
Madinogi wrote:
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
"oh other guy has rockets AL" Oh he popped AL i wait til its about to die and fire a rocket then he will be dead once it ends.
"Sbout to get splattered....AL" oh that guy has AL im going to avoid ramming into him.
Do i need to go on? there were plenty of counter's not my fault you people cant think.
The fact is you don't have time to sit around and wait for armor lock to die on a competitive level. You will get gunned down immediately, and if you try to run away, the guy in armor lock will know the position of rockets and call it out to his teamates, meaning you are as good as dead.

Also please tell me how you magically know a guy has armor lock and decide not to splatter them. Like, please, tell me. This is news to me and the rest of the Halo community. You've somehow convinced yourself that temporary invincibility in any FPS is a fair fight.
Yes Halo 6 should be like Reach. Reach is the best Halo if all time. Let's create that again.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 41