Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo 6 to be more like Reach

OP ROY G BIV 19

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 41
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Saving up credits to buy armor/abilities?! PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!! Halo 5 multiplayer is perfect!
Please do I would really like that
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date
Your opinion.
My opinion on reach is it's the best social halo but not the best skill based multiplayer halo. Like others have said, armor abilities unbalanced the game and people would spam them just cuz. Armor lock if you're one shot? That let's them hold out only for a team mate to save them. No skill in that. Jet packs to me really killed the mood of competitive play. Bloom was OK to me however many competitive players would disagree. The games weapons were not balanced as you claim as well op. How often were other weapons used? This excludes power weapons. Dmr or assault rifle? Majority used the better gun because it wasn't balanced. Certain guns were used only cuzwe spawned with them. Give us a minute and well have a different weapon.
It's funny to see people saying that reach is the best halo up to date, and yet at the same time those kinda people hate halo 4 or 5 for ingame features.

Although the story of reach was great, it completely -Yoink- on the lore. Bungie didn't give a damn about us fans or the lore and they did their thing (imagine if 343 did that nowadays ^^) Reach introduced us to armor mods, which halo 4 was later on hated for. Halo 4 was the successor to Halo Reach and yet there are still people ranting about 343s Halo and at the same time prising halo reach! Don't get me wrong, I loved reach, but these double standards man...

Behause some pople said, that halo reach was more military like and the new ones are more like space power ranger, i think it has something to do with the timeline of the story.
See you have Halo reach - Halo 3 on the one hand were humanity was always at the edge of loosing because the covenant had more advanced technologies and outnumbered humanity on every encounter... and you felt that especially at reach cause you know that you're gonna get screwed and the planet glassed by the end.
On the other hand you have the reclaimer trilogy where humanity won the war and are more advanced in terms of technology. There's no "Sh*t we don't have single chance and were outnumbered by 1:100000" and no depressing feel like in halo reach because there are no "enemies" worth be frightened of. You constantly feel like superman going through enemy lines thinking "well If i die in combat it doesn't make a difference because there are thousands other spartan IV who can kick -Yoink-"

IMO humanity made a too big jump from being on the edge of extinction to "caring the mantle of responsibility" for the galaxy. That's why the reclaimer trilogy feels so different than the original Halo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
God I love Reach.
Armor abilities killed Reach's multiplayer, and its campaign was even worse. 5 years later, I still don't understand why this closest-to-objectively-bad-that-I-can-imagine shooter is hailed as even passable, let alone the best in the series.
I know right? Im completely dumbfounded as to why people liked it as much as they did.
Had the worst campaign if you ask me. ODST, Wars, and 4 all blew it out of the water. Graphics and music was good, but the deaths and overall story felt very cheap. Advertisements exaggerated everything. I know that's like kind of the point of advertisements, but it was the first time I was ever let down by a Halo game. After reading the novel Fall of Reach for the game, it was completely disregarded.
Game was super fun, but it felt cheap. Multiplayer, campaign, level design, loadouts, etc. The game was kind of a kick in the balls. Only Halo game I ever sold. I kind of regret it, because I probably overreacted, but it's not a game I would actually play again so it doesn't matter. It took me months for the hype to wear off, and when it did I finally realized how garbage it was. Multiplayer sucked from the getgo, though, and I only liked Invasion.

Edit: I failed to mention its strengths, though. Forge was a fantastic step forward, and the customization was amazing. Halo 4 had excellent customization as well, but Halo 5 dropped the ball... Also, it was the last game where you could play as Elites, so I always loved it for that.
Madinogi wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
"oh other guy has rockets AL" Oh he popped AL i wait til its about to die and fire a rocket then he will be dead once it ends.
"Sbout to get splattered....AL" oh that guy has AL im going to avoid ramming into him.
Do i need to go on? there were plenty of counter's not my fault you people cant think.
The fact is you don't have time to sit around and wait for armor lock to die on a competitive level. You will get gunned down immediately, and if you try to run away, the guy in armor lock will know the position of rockets and call it out to his teamates, meaning you are as good as dead.

Also please tell me how you magically know a guy has armor lock and decide not to splatter them. Like, please, tell me. This is news to me and the rest of the Halo community. You've somehow convinced yourself that temporary invincibility in any FPS is a fair fight.
Then go play slayer pro or MLG? They were both available in Reach lol

You know a guys in armor lock if your going full speed towards him in a ghost and he just stands there, thats when you stop your ghost and bait him and when he pops out, act like you're about to splatter him again, then bait him some more until its out. Not that hard

Check mate
Arnamo wrote:
It's funny to see people saying that reach is the best halo up to date, and yet at the same time those kinda people hate halo 4 or 5 for ingame features.

Although the story of reach was great, it completely -Yoink- on the lore. Bungie didn't give a damn about us fans or the lore and they did their thing (imagine if 343 did that nowadays ^^) Reach introduced us to armor mods, which halo 4 was later on hated for. Halo 4 was the successor to Halo Reach and yet there are still people ranting about 343s Halo and at the same time prising halo reach! Don't get me wrong, I loved reach, but these double standards man...

Behause some pople said, that halo reach was more military like and the new ones are more like space power ranger, i think it has something to do with the timeline of the story.
See you have Halo reach - Halo 3 on the one hand were humanity was always at the edge of loosing because the covenant had more advanced technologies and outnumbered humanity on every encounter... and you felt that especially at reach cause you know that you're gonna get screwed and the planet glassed by the end.
On the other hand you have the reclaimer trilogy where humanity won the war and are more advanced in terms of technology. There's no "Sh*t we don't have single chance and were outnumbered by 1:100000" and no depressing feel like in halo reach because there are no "enemies" worth be frightened of. You constantly feel like superman going through enemy lines thinking "well If i die in combat it doesn't make a difference because there are thousands other spartan IV who can kick -Yoink-"

IMO humanity made a too big jump from being on the edge of extinction to "caring the mantle of responsibility" for the galaxy. That's why the reclaimer trilogy feels so different than the original Halo.
Its funny how people all of a sudden look back to Reach and think the lore was out of whack, I bet that 90% of Reach haters actually read, The Fall of Reach

And John's armor still dawns that military feel, why does the main character get the cool looking armor and the rest of us look like Space Rangers? And you know 343i took alot of influence from japan with their samurai armor and the tenshin armor, and alot of the armor is impracticle, you get hit by an emp or your camera's get disabled from the inside, you have to take the helmet off instead of switching to see through the visor, that's why Visor-less helmets are dumb.

Reach only had one and that was GUNGNIR
Arnamo wrote:
It's funny to ...
Its funny how people all of a sudden look back to Reach and think the lore was out of whack, I bet that 90% of Reach haters actually read, The Fall of Reach

And John's armor still dawns that military feel, why does the main character get the cool looking armor and the rest of us look like Space Rangers? And you know 343i took alot of influence from japan with their samurai armor and the tenshin armor, and alot of the armor is impracticle, you get hit by an emp or your camera's get disabled from the inside, you have to take the helmet off instead of switching to see through the visor, that's why Visor-less helmets are dumb.

Reach only had one and that was GUNGNIR
So tell me... what had the story of Halo Reach in common with the Halo Lore/Books besides the fact that John was actually on Reach and the planet got glassed?

Well I was talking about the in game feeling....not the looks! I know that a few armor-sets look ridiculous but I don't mind that...why? Because i never use them ^^
Halo 5 is far superior to Reach. Reach is a step back in every conceivable way. The only thing that would be cool is if Firefight was added into Halo 5 but I am perfectly fine with the way things are. Halo 5 brought in much needed new combat and movement mechanics. The campaign was superb and the co-op is seamless. Multiplayer is the first Halo multiplayer I really have fallen in love with. I am not good at Halo multiplayer but I am getting better and enjoying myself in the process. I love Warzone and I am finally starting to get better at Arena.

I am sick of hearing about old Halo titles. I played them numerous times. I am older than 99% of you. The old Halo's are wonderful but 343 needed to bring Halo into next gen. It was time and I love the changes they made.

343 > Bungie

Bungie is a garbage developer look at Destiny. Pathetic.
Entr0p1k wrote:
Halo 5 is far superior to Reach. Reach is a step back in every conceivable way. The only thing that would be cool is if Firefight was added into Halo 5 but I am perfectly fine with the way things are. Halo 5 brought in much needed new combat and movement mechanics. The campaign was superb and the co-op is seamless. Multiplayer is the first Halo multiplayer I really have fallen in love with. I am not good at Halo multiplayer but I am getting better and enjoying myself in the process. I love Warzone and I am finally starting to get better at Arena.

I am sick of hearing about old Halo titles. I played them numerous times. I am older than 99% of you. The old Halo's are wonderful but 343 needed to bring Halo into next gen. It was time and I love the changes they made.

343 > Bungie

Bungie is a garbage developer look at Destiny. Pathetic.
K.

I mean, its true, but you act as though you're playing the best Halo ever.

  • We have no actual indication that 343 are going to do anything with Firefight in Halo 5. This game has next to no gametypes as it is.
  • "Much needed?" "Next gen?" Please explain yourself or we'll have a problem. As of now these SA's only prolong engagements and turn battles into static 1v1s. They are devoid of depth and strategic play. So is Reach, of course, but I'll get into that, don't worry.
  • lol @ campaign opinion.
  • It doesn't matter how old you are, 99% of Waypoint doesn't care about the old Halo titles either. Why do you think we have a thread advocating that the next Halo be like Reach of all games??
  • When you think about it, how are 343's problems any different form Bungie's problems? They both released an unfinished game with a cheap RNG system of loot grinding. They're both praised for their base game but lambasted for the content around it. The only difference is that Bungie has something of a legacy. 343 does not.
Madinogi wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
"oh other guy has rockets AL" Oh he popped AL i wait til its about to die and fire a rocket then he will be dead once it ends.
"Sbout to get splattered....AL" oh that guy has AL im going to avoid ramming into him.
Do i need to go on? there were plenty of counter's not my fault you people cant think.
The fact is you don't have time to sit around and wait for armor lock to die on a competitive level. You will get gunned down immediately, and if you try to run away, the guy in armor lock will know the position of rockets and call it out to his teamates, meaning you are as good as dead.

Also please tell me how you magically know a guy has armor lock and decide not to splatter them. Like, please, tell me. This is news to me and the rest of the Halo community. You've somehow convinced yourself that temporary invincibility in any FPS is a fair fight.
Then go play slayer pro or MLG? They were both available in Reach lol

You know a guys in armor lock if your going full speed towards him in a ghost and he just stands there, thats when you stop your ghost and bait him and when he pops out, act like you're about to splatter him again, then bait him some more until its out. Not that hard

Check mate
Both sucked because Reach had no decent maps and pioneered terrible ideas like Bloom. And that sounds -Yoinking- unnecessary when one may splatter every other player without a second thought, and there's a Wraith shooting at you. Pawn to King's Rook 5. Give me a Queen. Check.
Arnamo wrote:
It's funny to see people saying that reach is the best halo up to date, and yet at the same time those kinda people hate halo 4 or 5 for ingame features.
No they don't. I'm being completely serious, any who hate 4 hate Reach equally and any who praise 4 praise Reach equally. That's the way it works.

Arnamo wrote:
Although the story of reach was great, it completely -Yoink- on the lore. Bungie didn't give a damn about us fans or the lore and they did their thing (imagine if 343 did that nowadays ^^)
Wat u mean 4 with multiplayer or 5 with singleplayer?
Arnamo wrote:
Reach introduced us to armor mods, which halo 4 was later on hated for. Halo 4 was the successor to Halo Reach and yet there are still people ranting about 343s Halo and at the same time prising halo reach! Don't get me wrong, I loved reach, but these double standards man...
Like I said, I've been on this site an entire year. I recognize usernames. What you see doesn't happen. It's different people complaining about different things.
Arnamo wrote:
Behause some pople said, that halo reach was more military like and the new ones are more like space power ranger, i think it has something to do with the timeline of the story.
See you have Halo reach - Halo 3 on the one hand were humanity was always at the edge of loosing because the covenant had more advanced technologies and outnumbered humanity on every encounter... and you felt that especially at reach cause you know that you're gonna get screwed and the planet glassed by the end.
On the other hand you have the reclaimer trilogy where humanity won the war and are more advanced in terms of technology. There's no "Sh*t we don't have single chance and were outnumbered by 1:100000" and no depressing feel like in halo reach because there are no "enemies" worth be frightened of. You constantly feel like superman going through enemy lines thinking "well If i die in combat it doesn't make a difference because there are thousands other spartan IV who can kick -Yoink-"
Precisely. Cortana's devilry in 5 makes no sense if we're raising the stakes of the story. The UNSC is more powerful than ever, and the enemy is a character everyone thought was dead. That's not exactly a fair fight, or even that dramatic for the good guys to be packing heat while the bad guys are literally naked people made of light.
Arnamo wrote:
IMO humanity made a too big jump from being on the edge of extinction to "caring the mantle of responsibility" for the galaxy. That's why the reclaimer trilogy feels so different than the original Halo.
+1. We could redeem this feeling by making the Human beings antagonistic to Chief, making the now magnificent UNSC the enemy, so that the stakes are still high (like literally every advertisement 343 brought up prior to release made it sound like they would.) But no. That would take creativity.
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same.
See, it didn't really. A Spartan can't shoot while he runs, anymore. If he's traversing the map, he can't attack an enemy on at another position, and he's also a sitting duck to oncoming fire. Because of this maps, have adopted long, narrow hallways cut off from the engagements on the rest of the map (Countdown) and tight catwalks that don't actually interact with each other (The Cage) Players stick to the edges of the map (Boardwalk) out of necessity because they can't stay alive in the center. This center (like everything in a Halo with Sprint) is too big. (Powerhouse, Zealot - bottom mid) They'll be shot from every angle and they must sacrifice getting to a better position for potentially shooting back. The concept of flanking from the sky sort of eleminates the usefulness of the highground (Asylum) and irrevocably destroys the hard work a developer put into pathing and the spots from which players are designed to control a map. (Ascension) Halos have been taking too many cues from Reach's map design. I'd like it if they kindly stopped entirely.
The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).
A 4sk pistol and ripping out the BR (or the DMR since we're talking about Reach) would solve so many of Halo 5's problems.

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.
I agree, but the problem with Reach's firefight was its customization. Deciding what enemies to fight and what your base stats were. It's not a bad thing, (please don't think I'm saying that - its an awesome idea) but its a damn easy way to cheese the ranking system - and Halo 5's ranking is so wizard and bizzare already that we don't need people farming points by turning on invincibiltiy and throwing their Rocket Launchers on Bottomless Clip to complicate things even more. If Reach's customization worked, but it negated the points obtained in some way if a player tweaked the gametype, we'd have a winner. Even still, that'd make it more like ODST's Firefight than Reach's.
Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.
And lets hope to god they're more visually appealing than...literally every Forge map ever since Reach.
Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted.
Me too. I wouldn't call it one of the most important things, but we agree.
I hope the leveling system
WHOA WHOA - two entirely seperate entities right here. The ranking system is foundational to building a competitive experience. It's what pairs you against other players of equal talent. 1-50 is honestly just the most accurate indicator of player skill Halo's ever gotten. Has any Halo since Reach had that? No, not really.
and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)
See, I think that if certain armors were available through REQ packs, but you had a few that the art team spent the most time on that you could only get via achievements or doing something awesome, we'd have the best of both worlds and everyone would be happy. Except for those casual -Yoinks- They wouldn't be happy. I don't care though.
CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.
No. It wasn't. Noble team are unlikeable cattle tottering aimlessly towards their death. There is no actual arc to any character, and none are so much as surprised when their teammates finally kick it. Pleasant music and pretty pictures are nothing against the hammer of good writing - and Reach has exactly zero of that.

I'd say Halo 2 did though. Shame it wasn't finished.

As for gameplay? Well there was no real game-changing moment like the introduction of the Flood in the rest of the games. Sure you had that part with space combat, but its not exactly a part that stays in the game beyond that one campaign mission. Halo 4 followed in their footsteps. The Prometheans are introduced well into the first act of the story and have one very interesting level in which they fight the Covenant (and in which you are, for some reason, given the most linear path in Halo history through a warzone, dampening how interesting that fight is considerably) And then when the Didact awakens, things go back to the way they've always been. Prometheans and Covenant join forces...to save money on coding AI and large areas for Covenant on Promethean battles.
Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19
See, they do. They always have. Halo 4 can be construed to be Halo Reach 2. Halo 5 is the first rebound from where Reach left us. I'd rather not go back. I haven't touched on things like Bloom, or unequal starts, or Armor Lock, but even without these deal breakers its a deeply flawed game. There are games and features in other games (and even a concept or two in Reach) that I will point to when considering how to build the next Halo - but I think that the foundation upon which Reach was built should be erased from our franchise's history. It's not done us good. I don't know whether to blame your 83 supporters on ignorance of where Halos been or simply being too young to appreciate the older games, but I honestly think that you'll all enjoy a game that's nothing like Reach more than you'll enjoy a game that takes heavy cues from Reach.
PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
Lol. On Waypoint? Good luck.
Madinogi wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
"oh other guy has rockets AL" Oh he popped AL i wait til its about to die and fire a rocket then he will be dead once it ends.
"Sbout to get splattered....AL" oh that guy has AL im going to avoid ramming into him.
Do i need to go on? there were plenty of counter's not my fault you people cant think.
The fact is you don't have time to sit around and wait for armor lock to die on a competitive level. You will get gunned down immediately, and if you try to run away, the guy in armor lock will know the position of rockets and call it out to his teamates, meaning you are as good as dead.

Also please tell me how you magically know a guy has armor lock and decide not to splatter them. Like, please, tell me. This is news to me and the rest of the Halo community. You've somehow convinced yourself that temporary invincibility in any FPS is a fair fight.
Then go play slayer pro or MLG? They were both available in Reach lol

You know a guys in armor lock if your going full speed towards him in a ghost and he just stands there, thats when you stop your ghost and bait him and when he pops out, act like you're about to splatter him again, then bait him some more until its out. Not that hard

Check mate
MLG is actually fun in reach but my gripe was your defense of the armor abilities. someone who has played with armor lock enough will get you with the emp or pop out and stick you while you wait around. Arguing about big team is moot because its a casual playlist. If we brought back reach with MLG v7 settings across every playlist (but still keep radar), bringing back reach wouldn't be the end of the world. The only thing bloom worked well with was swat and TU didn't even fix bloom fully.
L377UC3 wrote:
Entr0p1k wrote:
Halo 5 is far superior to Reach. Reach is a step back in every conceivable way. The only thing that would be cool is if Firefight was added into Halo 5 but I am perfectly fine with the way things are. Halo 5 brought in much needed new combat and movement mechanics. The campaign was superb and the co-op is seamless. Multiplayer is the first Halo multiplayer I really have fallen in love with. I am not good at Halo multiplayer but I am getting better and enjoying myself in the process. I love Warzone and I am finally starting to get better at Arena.

I am sick of hearing about old Halo titles. I played them numerous times. I am older than 99% of you. The old Halo's are wonderful but 343 needed to bring Halo into next gen. It was time and I love the changes they made.

343 > Bungie

Bungie is a garbage developer look at Destiny. Pathetic.
K.

I mean, its true, but you act as though you're playing the best Halo ever.

  • We have no actual indication that 343 are going to do anything with Firefight in Halo 5. This game has next to no gametypes as it is.
  • "Much needed?" "Next gen?" Please explain yourself or we'll have a problem. As of now these SA's only prolong engagements and turn battles into static 1v1s. They are devoid of depth and strategic play. So is Reach, of course, but I'll get into that, don't worry.
  • lol @ campaign opinion.
  • It doesn't matter how old you are, 99% of Waypoint doesn't care about the old Halo titles either. Why do you think we have a thread advocating that the next Halo be like Reach of all games??
  • When you think about it, how are 343's problems any different form Bungie's problems? They both released an unfinished game with a cheap RNG system of loot grinding. They're both praised for their base game but lambasted for the content around it. The only difference is that Bungie has something of a legacy. 343 does not.
Madinogi wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
"oh other guy has rockets AL" Oh he popped AL i wait til its about to die and fire a rocket then he will be dead once it ends.
"Sbout to get splattered....AL" oh that guy has AL im going to avoid ramming into him.
Do i need to go on? there were plenty of counter's not my fault you people cant think.
The fact is you don't have time to sit around and wait for armor lock to die on a competitive level. You will get gunned down immediately, and if you try to run away, the guy in armor lock will know the position of rockets and call it out to his teamates, meaning you are as good as dead.

Also please tell me how you magically know a guy has armor lock and decide not to splatter them. Like, please, tell me. This is news to me and the rest of the Halo community. You've somehow convinced yourself that temporary invincibility in any FPS is a fair fight.
Then go play slayer pro or MLG? They were both available in Reach lol

You know a guys in armor lock if your going full speed towards him in a ghost and he just stands there, thats when you stop your ghost and bait him and when he pops out, act like you're about to splatter him again, then bait him some more until its out. Not that hard

Check mate
Both sucked because Reach had no decent maps and pioneered terrible ideas like Bloom. And that sounds -Yoinking- unnecessary when one may splatter every other player without a second thought, and there's a Wraith shooting at you. Pawn to King's Rook 5. Give me a Queen. Check.
Arnamo wrote:
It's funny to see people saying that reach is the best halo up to date, and yet at the same time those kinda people hate halo 4 or 5 for ingame features.
No they don't. I'm being completely serious, any who hate 4 hate Reach equally and any who praise 4 praise Reach equally. That's the way it works.

Arnamo wrote:
Although the story of reach was great, it completely -Yoink- on the lore. Bungie didn't give a damn about us fans or the lore and they did their thing (imagine if 343 did that nowadays ^^)
Wat u mean 4 with multiplayer or 5 with singleplayer?
Arnamo wrote:
Reach introduced us to armor mods, which halo 4 was later on hated for. Halo 4 was the successor to Halo Reach and yet there are still people ranting about 343s Halo and at the same time prising halo reach! Don't get me wrong, I loved reach, but these double standards man...
Like I said, I've been on this site an entire year. I recognize usernames. What you see doesn't happen. It's different people complaining about different things.
Arnamo wrote:
Behause some pople said, that halo reach was more military like and the new ones are more like space power ranger, i think it has something to do with the timeline of the story.
See you have Halo reach - Halo 3 on the one hand were humanity was always at the edge of loosing because the covenant had more advanced technologies and outnumbered humanity on every encounter... and you felt that especially at reach cause you know that you're gonna get screwed and the planet glassed by the end.
On the other hand you have the reclaimer trilogy where humanity won the war and are more advanced in terms of technology. There's no "Sh*t we don't have single chance and were outnumbered by 1:100000" and no depressing feel like in halo reach because there are no "enemies" worth be frightened of. You constantly feel like superman going through enemy lines thinking "well If i die in combat it doesn't make a difference because there are thousands other spartan IV who can kick -Yoink-"
Precisely. Cortana's devilry in 5 makes no sense if we're raising the stakes of the story. The UNSC is more powerful than ever, and the enemy is a character everyone thought was dead. That's not exactly a fair fight, or even that dramatic for the good guys to be packing heat while the bad guys are literally naked people made of light.
Arnamo wrote:
IMO humanity made a too big jump from being on the edge of extinction to "caring the mantle of responsibility" for the galaxy. That's why the reclaimer trilogy feels so different than the original Halo.
+1. We could redeem this feeling by making the Human beings antagonistic to Chief, making the now magnificent UNSC the enemy, so that the stakes are still high (like literally every advertisement 343 brought up prior to release made it sound like they would.) But no. That would take creativity.
Sounds unneccesary but you're the one making it seem like armor lock had no counters
Sounds unneccesary but you're the one making it seem like armor lock had no counters
None that were preferable to it not being there, no. It didn't.
Madinogi wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Lol that's just a wrong statement..... Oh I'm stuck.... AL
oh other guy has rockets AL
Sbout to get splattered....AL
Do I need to go on? It was BS
"oh other guy has rockets AL" Oh he popped AL i wait til its about to die and fire a rocket then he will be dead once it ends.
"Sbout to get splattered....AL" oh that guy has AL im going to avoid ramming into him.
Do i need to go on? there were plenty of counter's not my fault you people cant think.
The fact is you don't have time to sit around and wait for armor lock to die on a competitive level. You will get gunned down immediately, and if you try to run away, the guy in armor lock will know the position of rockets and call it out to his teamates, meaning you are as good as dead.

Also please tell me how you magically know a guy has armor lock and decide not to splatter them. Like, please, tell me. This is news to me and the rest of the Halo community. You've somehow convinced yourself that temporary invincibility in any FPS is a fair fight.
Then go play slayer pro or MLG? They were both available in Reach lol

You know a guys in armor lock if your going full speed towards him in a ghost and he just stands there, thats when you stop your ghost and bait him and when he pops out, act like you're about to splatter him again, then bait him some more until its out. Not that hard

Check mate
MLG is actually fun in reach but my gripe was your defense of the armor abilities. someone who has played with armor lock enough will get you with the emp or pop out and stick you while you wait around. Arguing about big team is moot because its a casual playlist. If we brought back reach with MLG v7 settings across every playlist (but still keep radar), bringing back reach wouldn't be the end of the world. The only thing bloom worked well with was swat and TU didn't even fix bloom fully.
I played with armor lock too, and I remember ways to counter it as well, that's why you never sprint and pummel someone, and I remember people going into armor lock and if I was close, I'd jump around them and Nade them when it's about to pop, remember there was a physical sign that it was about to be completely used up
L377UC3 wrote:
Sounds unneccesary but you're the one making it seem like armor lock had no counters
None that were preferable to it not being there, no. It didn't.
If you're being pursued by multiple enemy's then go around the guy clearly just standing there, it was easy to bait ghost with armor lock and it was easy to bait armor lock users with a ghost
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 41