2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 41
DreadGrunt wrote:
Keep 5's gunplay and abilities, add Reach's customization, get a new writer for the story and H6 will be golden.
^ this and
- No more REQs (for vehicles and weapons in Warzone only will be okay)
- Call them credits instead of REQ points because "muh halo canon," and I want to buy the armor I WANT, not get them randomly.
- Firefight!
Correction, redo Reach's gameplay, give it Halo 5's forge and keep everything else. Also add in a proper ranking system not this stupid eSports BS
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
DreadGrunt wrote:
Keep 5's gunplay and abilities, add Reach's customization, get a new writer for the story and H6 will be golden.
Bring Joe back, he did better than whatever writer they did for Halo 5
They had Brian Reed, the guy who made Spartan Ops, which was, a reminder, a complete FAILURE.
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
Reach's Firefight was bleh at best. Halo 3 ODST had a MUCH better version and was just all around tougher.

And Halo 5's campaign was pretty good and action packed and quite emotional for me (with the whole Cortana thing).
While ODST'S Firefight was awesome, Reach's was up there as well. Mostly because of its customization. Don't judge it based on the easy modes they had in matchmaking. You could fully customize Reach's Firefight to be just as tough, if not tougher than, ODST'S. Which is exactly what I did, and I had a blast with it.
DreadGrunt wrote:
They had Brian Reed, the guy who made Spartan Ops, which was, a reminder, a complete FAILURE.
Ever more the reason to return with Joseph S. Since he did the writing for Halo CE. Brian Reed just sucked overall
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
What an awesome, well thought out opinion. Halo 5 lacks an insignia on the armor, and TBH I do miss the way we had to earn armor in reach. The armor looked good, felt good, played good, and I loved the campaign. However, out of the three chiefless Halo games my fave was ODST, and it's music was phenomenal.

That's a topic you left out, and come on you have to admit that ODST had a unique and amazing soundtrack that may be just as good as HALO CE's if not better. I loved Reach's Lone Wolf story line a lot
Reach is the best
DreadGrunt wrote:
And as sure as the Prophet of Truth was a d*ck, it's irrefutable he was the best Grunt voice. Ever. Of all time.
this is a troll post right? halo reachs campaign and matchmaking were the worst in the series
SpitFlame wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
-Maps weren't as good
-Ranking system wasn't skill based
-Armor abilities unbalanced a lot of things
-The story messed with the canon
-Bloom affected skill in a bad way
-Guns not as balanced
-et cetera

I'm not saying Reach was bad—I like the game very much—but a lot of people would prefer Halo 3.
Maps were based on Campaign but damn werent there some amazing Forged maps.
Ranking was based om the stupid eSport BS and thats where the ranking failed for the next installments, eSports is the stupidest thing because it only caters to MLG, wheres the love for the casuals?
Depending on what you mean by unbalanced, give me more details
Bloom wasnt bad if you actually paced your shots accordingly, though the randomness because of an enemy players being able to spam you and sill win which could have been fixed
Guns were indeed balanced in my opinion of course
What are you saying here? He is saying the ranking system was progression based instead of skill based, as the more you played the higher you got. (In terms of noble/inheritor/whatever else) There was an arena playlist with ranks but it was pretty flawed as it was based off strictly win/loss for a long time. Not sure what "esports bs" youre saying its based on... progression ranks are exactly what "casuals" want is it not?
Whole reach had great custom game sits far from the best halo
Reach started the downfall of halo. It's when most people quit.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
Most of the armour abilities were poorly implemented, and maps weren't properly designed to utilise them.

The maps were bland and felt repetitive due to their appearances in the campaign.

Overuse of kill zones.

Art style followed the typical dull, desaturated colours typical of shooters.

Characters were bland.

Story was predictable, you could honestly tell who the next person to die would be every single time.

Campaign felt like a sequence of events rather than a proper narrative.

Firefight was a step back from what we had in ODST.

And while I'll certainly agree that 343 made some things worse in Halo 4, the half measured versions of things like loadouts that appeared in Reach were still pretty bad.
God I love Reach.
So many memories :')
Halo 4 made me give up Halo. Armor lock was one of the least powerful abilities in Reach, even pre-343.
Why are you on the forums if you gave up halo?

-ROY G BIV 19

Hey what if they did Halo Reach but go back to Blue team, like to how it let up to fight against the covies, how they had to fight in the book. I remember when I read, although I may be wrong but I don't remember Noble team being part of the story. but my main point is that you get to play as blue team and if 343 could please take the hints we are stating.
allow us to fight with the enemies
have a correct ranking system
keep the armor and weapons like reach had. of course the weapons would be a new system that wasn't in the original.
allow us to pick one of the four members of blue team.
you know options like this.
I am over 100% sure that the rest of you Spartans have better or even more ideas to add that we'd all love to have for the next and maybe even the rest of the games.
but I am serious I want to be able to have the ability to fight hand to hand combat as Spartans are able to do. kicks, punches, etc. all that good stuff because a meele with any weapon is just no more fun.
Why Reach is my least favorite Halo game:
-Graphics... blurry and filled with boring colors. Anytime the game tried to be more colorful, the graphics ended up looking silly and unrealistic (Forge World).
-Gameplay... Firefight made into an Arcade mode and losing the survival element and challenge entirely, slow slow kill times and map movement because of Sprint, fall damage and a health system as well as a slightly underwhelming sandbox
-Story... the story didn't touch on the things that made Halo special (Forerunners, Flood, AIs, the past and the present...) instead focusing on a war story. The only bit that felt like Halo was the Long Night of Solace mission. And that would have been okay IF the game wouldn't have been so carelessly written in context to preexisting canon. It's as if the writer never really read The Fall of Reach, because the battle was entirely different in the book and the game.
I can agree to OP
Halo Reach was my least favorite Halo game. If Halo 6 was anything like it I wouldn't buy it.
The only thing good about reach was the music and the campaign was ok...the music was great though, especially the menu track with the percussion...awesome
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 41