2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 41
In 2 games time we will all be talking about how Halo 5 was our favorite games and how Halo 8 should be more like it.
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
I didn't like the multiplayer because of noobs using amour lock, but yeah hands down best campaign
RABIH117 wrote:
the only things good about reach was:

1. It's name having Halo in it
It actually didn't. Nowhere in the game is it called "Halo: Reach", since it's a spinoff. Just "Reach". Microsoft printed the "Halo" name on the cover to capitalize on the franchise.
In my opinion, Halo: Reach still stands as the best Halo game to date. Here's why:

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach's multiplayer introduced new, exciting game modes and armor abilities while also sticking to the game's core elements. (Now, I LOVE he armor abilities, so I think those should stay for the next Halo game.) The map design was phenomenal and no map was the same. The weapons were perfectly balanced (like Halo 5's).

Firefight: Firefight is a game mode I really miss. When MP got boring, I didn't have any Forge ideas, or campaign was already finished, I would revert to Firefight. The endless round and wave based gameplay was a blast, especially with friends. I think 343 should consider bringing Firefight back.

Forge: Halo: Reach Forge was incredible and it's only getting better, so I have no doubt it will be amazing in the next Halo game.

Customization: This is probably the second most important. This also coincides with the way you level up and acquire these items for customization. Being able to customize each individual aspect of your spartan's armor was a blast and I really miss saving up my credits to buy some specific armor piece that j wanted. I hope the leveling system and customization in the next Halo game are more like Reach's. (Not a huge fan of customization options being only in REA packs, but I do like the vehicle and power weapon aspects.)

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most important item on this list. Reach' campaign was devastatingly emotional and incredibly action packed all at the same time. The music, camera angles, missions, and basically everything else in the campaign was absolutely gorgeous and I never had a second thought about replaying a level. Reach had an amazing story and I feel the Halo games have been lacking that. (I'm pretty fluent in the lore, so that's not a reason. I'm saying the actual story in the game and how you feel towards each action and death.) The campaign was so emotional and strong and it was the first time you really felt hopeless playing as a spartan. It was a good change.

Those are the reasons that I believe Halo: Reach was and still is the best game in the series. I hope 343i takes some of these things into consideration when planning for the next Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

-ROY G BIV 19

PS: this took me a while to think about so please take the time to read it <3 (:
I agree on all aspects except for multiplayer. I want the layout that they had for halo 3. Now don't misinterprete me. I don't want a carbon copy, but halo 3 had the best Playlist layout with the separation of ranked and social. Ranked needs to stay, but also have a separated but varied social line up of playlists. They need to continue evolving as well though. I love the direction they're going so far with spartan abilities. Armor abilities need to stay gone. I do want mixture of halo 5's and halo 3's ranking system. I want the the numbers and military ranking to return from 3, but keep how players actually rank up similar to 5. The rank lock and boosting that came with 3 was ridiculous. So keep the visual from 3 but keep the system and hidden stuff from 5.
Celestis wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

It actually didn't. Nowhere in the game is it called "Halo: Reach", since it's a spinoff. Just "Reach". Microsoft printed the "Halo" name on the cover to capitalize on the franchise.
Wait wait wait...
does that mean Halo Wars is actually called just Wars?

Mind Blown
Celestis wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

Wait wait wait...

Mind Blown
There must be a massive thing, where Halo:Combat Evolved was actually Combat Evolved!

Massive conspiracy!
Celestis wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

Wait wait wait...

Mind Blown
There must be a massive thing, where Halo:Combat Evolved was actually Combat Evolved!

Massive conspiracy!
Huh? No, those games have the "Halo" title clearly visible in the main menu.
However, you won't find the name "Halo: Reach" anywhere ingame. It's always just called "Reach". In the menu, in the opening cutscene, etc.
Celestis wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

Wait wait wait...

Mind Blown
Thank you! Made my day. Someone needed to say it.
Celestis wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

Wait wait wait...

Mind Blown
Thank you! Made my day. Someone needed to say it.
Needed to say what?
I still don't get what you're hinting at...
Reach was such a poor follow up to Halo 3, I don't know why anyone would want the next Halo game to be more like it when its predecessors were far superior. Don't get me wrong, Reach was packed with content, and Forge World was revolutionary, but in terms of gameplay, Reach was a sub-par Halo game. People are only accepting it as a good Halo game now because they either started around Reach's time, or because they're so used to the kind of gameplay that Reach introduced since that's basically all we've been getting now since 2010. Being "the lesser evil" does not give it a free pass though.
This.
I don't get why everyone hates Reach so much, I liked it very much, though I think, as he says, it's more of a stand alone game than a Halo game.
It's funny because, back then, Halo: Reach was hated so much. But... I'm inclined to agree with you.

In hindsight, Reach wasn't a bad game, in fact it was a great game, it just wasn't a good Halo game, in my opinion. It was still insanely fun to play, especially because of the customization of Firefight.

Halo 4 was the one that made me realize just how good Reach actually was because, at the time, I couldn't imagine a Halo game being worse than Reach. Then Halo 4 came along, and boy was I wrong.

So while I wouldn't say Halo: Reach is the greatest of the Halos, it certainly isn't the worst and I hold it up there with the original 3. I can't wait for it to become available for backwards compatibility.
I completely agree. I still play reach online. The helicopter sequences are amazing too during gameplay.
If Halo Reach is seriously just "Reach" then someone needs to make Reach 2.
If halo 6 is like reach ill pass.

Worst halo multiplayer they ever made
Celestis wrote:
RABIH117 wrote:

It actually didn't. Nowhere in the game is it called "Halo: Reach", since it's a spinoff. Just "Reach". Microsoft printed the "Halo" name on the cover to capitalize on the franchise
No it was always called Halo Reach

-ROY G BIV 19

if they make it like reach people will say halo 6 is a re skinned reach
I loved Reach campaign. It felt so emotional when you realized that every UNSC ship that went down had hundreds or thousands of people on it.
I don't get why everyone hates Reach so much, I liked it very much, though I think, as he says, it's more of a stand alone game than a Halo game.
It's funny because, back then, Halo: Reach was hated so much. But... I'm inclined to agree with you.

In hindsight, Reach wasn't a bad game, in fact it was a great game, it just wasn't a good Halo game, in my opinion. It was still insanely fun to play, especially because of the customization of Firefight.

Halo 4 was the one that made me realize just how good Reach actually was because, at the time, I couldn't imagine a Halo game being worse than Reach. Then Halo 4 came along, and boy was I wrong.

So while I wouldn't say Halo: Reach is the greatest of the Halos, it certainly isn't the worst and I hold it up there with the original 3. I can't wait for it to become available for backwards compatibility.
Yeah I don't get why people didn't like it. It was my favorite.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
To be fair, armor lock is enough of a game breaker to make an otherwise perfect game almost not worth playing. Armor lock was probably the reason I didn't stay when Halo 4 came out. Other than that Reach is perfect!
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach made me give up Halo...armor lock introduced random variables = garbage.
Is there another reason why people think Reach is bad besides armor lock?
Bloom, No-skill system, Laggy, No epic battles in story.
Reach is a good game with a few flaws, Halo 5 is a bad game with a few good things in it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 41