1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Right, so this is gonna be talking about the end of Halo 6. As we all know, Halo 6 will end the Reclaimer saga, but most likely won't be the end of the Halo franchise. Halo is just too popular and makes too much money for Microsoft to end it. But to the point: What will happen to the Chief? He's probably gonna go kill Cortana, but will he die? Here's what I think will be really cool. He kills Cortana, but he gets composed or gets stuck in the domain, maybe as an A.I. Like, think about it. Chief as an A.I. That would be insanely cool (IMO) and could open up a lot of possibilities for future games.

Also, hopefully 343i is gonna make for side games like Reach and ODST, cuz there's one that I really want. A Halo FPS side game that takes place during the Covie War, but instead, is played from the Covenent's perspective. Not only would this be the perfect excuse to have MP Elites, it could also provide some very cool backstory if done correctly.To clarify: You will play as an Elite (Maybe a previous Arbiter or just an Elite), and will go against humans. (Maybe even kill a Spartan as a boss fight?) Maybe even do some glassing action?

ske7ch, anything on any future Halo games? (And if this is already an idea?)
Um, so there's a glitch on my computer that doesn't show this on the Topics screen, so this is just to see if commenting will work.

Sorry if I'm bumping.

Edit: Yup, it's there now.
The Reclaimer Saga was originally the Reclaimer Trilogy. Microsoft/343 has stated they changed it to have more freedom in the newer games. So expect at least one more game after Halo 6.
The Reclaimer Saga was originally the Reclaimer Trilogy. Microsoft/343 has stated they changed it to have more freedom in the newer games. So expect at least one more game after Halo 6.
Oh, I didn't know that.
Oh, I didn't know that.
I hope chief will stay, Osiris except Buck will die and Team Red is joining.

And screw the Promethean
Halo 6 sadly is not ending a trilogy as 343 announced that they were gonna make it into a saga (that means more than 3 games) I wish the current story arc would end quickly though.
Because Halo 6 isn't the end of the Reclaimer Saga, I'm hoping for a more emotional storyline, sort of like the one in Halo 4. The best story I could think of is that Chief purges Cortana from the Domain, but then the two of them get trapped in Banished territory. They have to work together and try to survive, like old times, but this time they're also at odds with one another. There could even be a situation where one has the option to leave the other behind, and whether or not they do or don't could be a huge emotional moment in the game.

Really all I want is an emotional game with more Chief. If they still want to have Locke, that's fine, but then give him an interesting storyline. Maybe while Chief is lost with Cortana, Locke could be trying to save the UNSC Infinity after it crash lands on the new Halo ring (the one seen at the end of Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2). This way, his storyline could mirror the story of the first game and we could see how he differently handles a similar situation, because obviously Locke isn't going to want to blow up the Infinity like Chief did the Pillar of Autumn. It would also give players the huge nostalgia boost we've been waiting for for years.

As for the end of the Reclaimer Saga (whether it be Halo 7 or 8 or whatever number), I would love the final moment to be a truly heartbreaking scene where perhaps everything Cortana has done has backfired, and utter destruction and chaos is reigning supreme while she remains powerless. There's one last chance to stop what she's put into motion, but despite everything Cortana has done, Chief still comes back for her. Cortana could ask him why he came back for her, and then he could say some cheesy line like, "I once made a promise that I would never let you go" (Halo 3 reference). Then there could be this really awesome final level where Cortana is back in Chief's helmet, and the two of them risk everything and give their lives to end the destruction, thus ending the Reclaimer Saga and the story of the Master Chief.
Because Halo 6 isn't the end of the Reclaimer Saga, I'm hoping for a more emotional storyline, sort of like the one in Halo 4. The best story I could think of is that Chief purges Cortana from the Domain, but then the two of them get trapped in Banished territory. They have to work together and try to survive, like old times, but this time they're also at odds with one another. There could even be a situation where one has the option to leave the other behind, and whether or not they do or don't could be a huge emotional moment in the game.

Really all I want is an emotional game with more Chief. If they still want to have Locke, that's fine, but then give him an interesting storyline. Maybe while Chief is lost with Cortana, Locke could be trying to save the UNSC Infinity after it crash lands on the new Halo ring (the one seen at the end of Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2). This way, his storyline could mirror the story of the first game and we could see how he differently handles a similar situation, because obviously Locke isn't going to want to blow up the Infinity like Chief did the Pillar of Autumn. It would also give players the huge nostalgia boost we've been waiting for for years.

As for the end of the Reclaimer Saga (whether it be Halo 7 or 8 or whatever number), I would love the final moment to be a truly heartbreaking scene where perhaps everything Cortana has done has backfired, and utter destruction and chaos is reigning supreme while she remains powerless. There's one last chance to stop what she's put into motion, but despite everything Cortana has done, Chief still comes back for her. Cortana could ask him why he came back for her, and then he could say some cheesy line like, "I once made a promise that I would never let you go" (Halo 3 reference). Then there could be this really awesome final level where Cortana is back in Chief's helmet, and the two of them risk everything and give their lives to end the destruction, thus ending the Reclaimer Saga and the story of the Master Chief.
Hmm. I think the Reclaimer saga shouldn't end with the Chief dying, but instead he gets turned into an A.I., because it's unlikely for 343i to kill off one of the most iconic video game characters ever. I'm pushing toward A.I. because, well, that would be awesome. :P

this is fantastic
Just like my feelings after Halo 2, I want a whole lot more Chief and a whole lot less "other" option. If 343 wants to keep Osiris and crew going, fine, but please as NPCs.

The only member of Team Osiris I'd prefer to ever hear from again would be Buck. Matter of fact, I'd gladly take a Halo 6 where everyone but John and Buck have been killed off and they are the sole two man team you control. If 343 wanted to get real fancy, they could even give Buck an AI unit (Chief obviously refusing to take on another AI) so that we could once again have the "voice in our head helping to lead the way".
They can make a spin off story about an Elite during the Great Schism trying to escape the Holy City before it is consumed by the flood. You have Hunters and Grunts on your side as well, you also fight against Brutes, Drones, Jackals and Flood. And all multiplayer maps are on High Charity or some other Covenant facility and you can choose playable Elites and playable Brutes.
Quote:
A Halo FPS side game that takes place during the Covie War, but instead, is played from the Covenent's perspective. Not only would this be the perfect excuse to have MP Elites, it could also provide some very cool backstory if done correctly.To clarify: You will play as an Elite (Maybe a previous Arbiter or just an Elite), and will go against humans. (Maybe even kill a Spartan as a boss fight?) Maybe even do some glassing action?
Lol I just wrote a post about this. I think it would so freaking cool if they did.

Tearing up just reading this... Well said :D
They can make a spin off story about an Elite during the Great Schism trying to escape the Holy City before it is consumed by the flood. You have Hunters and Grunts on your side as well, you also fight against Brutes, Drones, Jackals and Flood. And all multiplayer maps are on High Charity or some other Covenant facility and you can choose playable Elites and playable Brutes.
No, I want a spin-off where you get to butcher humans.... like Halo Wars 1 era
Maybe one where you can play as Ripa Moramee?
Maybe one where you can play as Ripa Moramee?
Yeah, but I would prefer it to be just like an anonymous Elite, I dont want it to be a major character

I like it
Personally whether chief lives or dies, cortana lives or dies (again -_-), or even any of the characters live or die, Halo 6 needs to have a interesting story, and not some of the new artwork crap btw. Halo needs to be, well i think a little personal for what i think. Rather than just shoot at everything and to kill for absolutely no reason all the time (unless if it was the banished, ONI, or the Created then yeah, there would be a reason). Almost like what Lord of Clans said, when Chief comes back for Cortana and Negotiate with her. Like for me, being friends with other species and something like that, almost like what the Arbiter said when you start the first mission on Halo 2 Anniversary, he quotes:

Arbiter: "He was indeed my enemy. But in time... i named him ally, even friend."

So at first in Halo 3, they both treated each other as just acquaintances but battle as allies. But later, that trust and bond formed, then they became even friends after what he did, to help John escape from the Flood. Thel Vadam felt sorry for John's friend, of course Sergeant Johnson when he died. Plus, when John went to put Cortana into something (sorry i dont know what it's called what John put into Cortana, but then Cortana was controlling the ship, so hopefully you know what i mean) while the Arbiter gives a nod to John (to know when john gave him a nod, Thel could trust him) went to the Control Room, hanging on, controlling the ship or whatever he was doing. Then, the Arbiter went to attend the funeral (while all the other sangheili didn't) because he's had to stand by to John till the end, so he would by now notice to experience what it's like losing someone who you actually care about as a friend, but yet of course he has his doubts that he is dead (personally i did too, when i have experienced the Halo 3 ending the first time), however if John was actually dead, then yeah, arbiter will feel sorry for that.

Now my interesting questions are... What kind of role or act will Thel Vadam (the arbiter) play as? (cause that is actually interesting to me) Will he Die in Halo 6? Are John and the Arbiter gonna work together again? (that would be very cool) Will the Characters have actual feelings, and not so Dark, Destructive and Ignorant, as they were before? (whether they are minor [ such as Yabda the grunt or Tul Juran ;) ] or major characters [ such as Locke, Cortana or even Buck XD ] ) Finally, will there be the playable elites and the old artwork? (here's a joke, not gonna say that im with or against trump btw, MAKE THE ARTWORK GREAT AGAIN!!!) (if you know what i mean)
In my opinion 343 has trashed halo's story, and the multiplayer is slowly following it
This notion to kill off all of Osiris is ridiculous, it would be just like a Jul Mdama move and make the story even more convoluted. They are here to stay, its just a matter of creating a good story this time around and getting a good writing team to DEVELOP THEM. As for Chief he should be at the forefront of 6, trying to deal with having to fight Cortana. I do not see them working together again considering she is becoming genocidal. I want a good balanced campaign, one that was promised in 5. I really liked the idea that someone said of Osiris being stuck on the Halo ring, while Chief, Blue team, and the Arbiter go after Cortana.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2