Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] Halo CE: 20th anniversary

OP Lebanese Papiii

This is it, Halo has survived, and thrived 20 years. Because of this, another remake is, of course, deemed necessary. But how to make it better besides some easter eggs and a remaster?

Base it on "Halo: The Flood!"

You can play as marines (Or even throwback to the Halo 3: ODST HUD and play as an ODST) evacuating the Pillar of Autumm, setting up Alpha Base, and fending off large covenant attacks, as well as stopping the flood and commencing raids.

Meanwhile you can play as the Master Chief, smashing through armadas of Covenant and uncovering the story of Halo.

You can plot against the UNSC and the Master Chief as Isna 'Nosolee, Zuka 'Zumamee, and even Yayap.

It'll delve deeper than ever into Halo, giving a whole new viewpoint and showing the true potential of Halo. Honestly, it would be a masterpiece, a deluxe edition to what started it all.

Do you think this is a good idea? I've been thinking about this for forever, and just c=had to talk about it.
I'm sure in 10 years some next gen 3D technology would come out, so i'm guessing they'd chuck out the anniversary compatible with them, and of course maximize the graphics or completely rewrite the game excluding the lore.
I think viewing the events unfold in different UNSC points of view would be good, however if you had a Covenant campaign showing their side of the story, it would have to end with the covenant characters dying or escaping installation 00, without many victories against the humans or flood. It would become similar to some of the CoD campaigns where your character ended up dying and you'd take on another role.
As cool as that sounds, the insane amount of remakes demanded these days is obnoxious.
This is it, Halo has survived, and thrived 20 years. Because of this, another remake is, of course, deemed necessary. But how to make it better besides some easter eggs and a remaster?

Base it on "Halo: The Flood!"

You can play as marines (Or even throwback to the Halo 3: ODST HUD and play as an ODST) evacuating the Pillar of Autumm, setting up Alpha Base, and fending off large covenant attacks, as well as stopping the flood and commencing raids.

Meanwhile you can play as the Master Chief, smashing through armadas of Covenant and uncovering the story of Halo.

You can plot against the UNSC and the Master Chief as Isna 'Nosolee, Zuka 'Zumamee, and even Yayap.

It'll delve deeper than ever into Halo, giving a whole new viewpoint and showing the true potential of Halo. Honestly, it would be a masterpiece, a deluxe edition to what started it all.

Do you think this is a good idea? I've been thinking about this for forever, and just c=had to talk about it.
that would be cool :)
10 anniversary was pretty cool, having it on the X1 is great, but I really don't think we need to start doing anniversaries for ever ten years after a game is released.
Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary: Remastered
stckrboy wrote:
10 anniversary was pretty cool, having it on the X1 is great, but I really don't think we need to start doing anniversaries for ever ten years after a game is released.
30 years it is, then. :P
If this were to happen I'd just make it a re-imagining of the original.

Mission structure and dialogue would be more or less the same, but the layout of the missions, the types of enemies, the sandbox, etc. could all be different.

Example, compare this custom version of The Silent Cartographer to the Original.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
If this were to happen I'd just make it a re-imagining of the original.

Mission structure and dialogue would be more or less the same, but the layout of the missions, the types of enemies, the sandbox, etc. could all be different.

Example, compare this custom version of The Silent Cartographer to the Original.
Woah, that's awesome!
Awesome idea but give it a better name
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Remastered Definitive Ultimate Remake Edition Collectable. Halo: CEARDUREC
I dont think a 20 year Anniversary Edition of Halo CE is necessary. When the time comes (2021), then maybe a big celebration of the of the greatest and most influential games of all time is needed.
Mabe, since it'd be the 20th anniversary of halo, they could remake what many fans consider to be the best game in the series, halo 3?
Please don't revive old topics, thanks