1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just here to suggest a Halo chess set. Honestly, with all the Halo merchandise currently out there I thought there would definitely be one but was disappointed when I checked. All we have is Risk and Monopoly. Would love a classic UNSC vs Covenant set.
Sounds like a great idea but seeing as the market and Halo community, as a whole, wouldn't justify mass producing a chess set, you could always commission someone from Etsy, or elsewhere, to make a set.
Covenant side:
Pawns: grunts
Rooks: Hunters
knights: Jackals with Shields
bishops: sniper jackals or skirmishers
Queen: Elite
King: Prophet

UNSC side:
Pawns: marines
Rooks: Spartans
Knights: ODST
Bishops: Miranda and Johnson
Queen: Cortana
King: captain Keys
Sounds like a great idea but seeing as the market and Halo community, as a whole, wouldn't justify mass producing a chess set, you could always commission someone from Etsy, or elsewhere, to make a set.
What do you mean exactly? Chess is consistently ranked the #1 board game of all time, it's not like people aren't playing it.
What do you mean exactly? Chess is consistently ranked the #1 board game of all time, it's not like people aren't playing it.
That's fair but I don't see Halo fans going crazy over a Halo Themed Chess Board. There's a ton of Halo players but not a ton who are willing to spend money on other merchandise. An example being the exclusive Halo prints from AcmeArchives and DarkInk. They recently clearanced out all of their Halo prints because no one bought em for years and because of that, they are no longer doing Halo prints.
That's fair but I don't see Halo fans going crazy over a Halo Themed Chess Board. There's a ton of Halo players but not a ton who are willing to spend money on other merchandise. An example being the exclusive Halo prints from AcmeArchives and DarkInk. They recently clearanced out all of their Halo prints because no one bought em for years and because of that, they are no longer doing Halo prints.
I wouldn't really compare art prints to toys and games. I don't know how well the Halo toys, nerf guns, and mega blox sell but they still make them so I guess they are profitable. Besides like I said, there's a Risk Halo game. I've never met anyone who plays Risk but pretty much everyone has a chess set and plays once in a while.
I wouldn't really compare art prints to toys and games. I don't know how well the Halo toys, nerf guns, and mega blox sell but they still make them so I guess they are profitable. Besides like I said, there's a Risk Halo game. I've never met anyone who plays Risk but pretty much everyone has a chess set and plays one in a while.
The Mega Bloks/Construx sell really well because it's not just Halo fans/collectors that buy them but Mega Bloks/Construx fans in general.

Risk was made but not many were sold. Who knows, maybe it'll change and something will be released down the road. One can hope.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
I would buy it most likely just for the figures.
I would buy it most likely just for the figures.
I'd more than likely do the same. I'd buy three sets: one to keep new in box, one to actually play chess, and the third to take the figures and display elsewhere
Just here to suggest a Halo chess set. Honestly, with all the Halo merchandise currently out there I thought there would definitely be one but was disappointed when I checked. All we have is Risk and Monopoly. Would love a classic UNSC vs Covenant set.
but top quality please .
Is a good idea
I would buy it. I enjoy playing chess, but I'm not very good. At least with Halo characters, it would be more entertaining as I lost
JediMac wrote:
but top quality please .
Agreed. If we're going to see a Halo Chess set, it needs to be a high quality chess set and not something you'd be able to buy for $19.99 at Walmart
Covenant side:

UNSC side:
Ummmm king is Master Chief
Covenant side:

UNSC side:
To us maybe, but he is just a tool of the UNSC and obeys orders. There is a reason he blew up two rings and saved humanity but was never promoted to an Officer. He should be Admiral by now but he is more useful as the MC.
Covenant side:

UNSC side:
No, it's definitely Keys. Think about it. When you play chess what is the one peice that you have to protect at all costs. What piece will cause a game over instantly if it "dies." Does that remind you of anything. Truth and Reconciliation maybe?
Covenant side:

UNSC side:
No, it's definitely Keys. Think about it. When you play chess what is the one peice that you have to protect at all costs. What piece will cause a game over instantly if it "dies." Does that remind you of anything. Truth and Reconciliation maybe?
It makes sense to have Keyes as the King though things wouldn't completely fall apart. Keyes died in CE but Master Chief is still fighting and saving mankind
Covenant side:

UNSC side: