1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
To all of the halo collectors out there,

When did you start collecting halo merchandise? What's your most prized possession? Where do you frequent for all the collectible stuff? Goodwill? Ebay? I'd like to hear your story as well as telling me a little bit about your collection. I'm thinking about starting a collection of my own. I've been a long time halo fan. Since I could remember playing video games honestly. Drop your list and a short story if you dont mind. Thanks.
Hello!

I've been a fan of since Halo: Combat Evolved came out in 2001 so if you want to be technical about it, that's when my collection started. My collection consisted of the games, the collectors edition, a couple of consoles, the books, and a few action figures. That was all I could afford until I started college. Fast forward to 2009 when McFarlane was starting to really crank out the action figures. That was when my collection really began to grow.

My prized possessions are my life size Noble Team statues. I have the only complete set outside of Microsoft and 343 Industries. I'm very proud of those pieces. As for places to look: eBay, Amazon, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and local game stores. We're in a bit of a dead zone with Halo collectibles right now because nothing new has come out. Wicked Cool Toys just announced that they acquired the licensing for Halo Infinite so we'll be seeing all sorts of collectibles late 2020.

I'm one of the biggest Halo Collectors in the world and that didn't happen overnight. It takes time and its very expensive. LOL! I love to share my passion and show off my collection with others but always remember that it doesn't matter how big of a collection you have. Just because I have an enormous collection doesn't make me any more of a fan than you. What's important is that we're Halo fans and we're part of this incredible community. :)

As a tip to start collecting, do some research on the various lines of action figures/collectibles, find what you like, and focus on that one line. Also, if you ever have any questions or want some information on pricing for something, feel free to message me anytime. I hate to see collectors get ripped off. People tend to think that Halo collectibles are like Funko POP's meaning that they think anything "old" or "exclusive" is going to be super valuable. That's not always the case.
I started my small collection about three years ago. It's mostly made up of all the books, comics, and visual guides that have been released over the years. Beyond that, I picked up a few MegaBlocks sets like the ONI Warthog, Scorpion, and an NMPD cruiser. Recently I got the 9" replica of the UNSC Infinity, which I LOVE. I'm also hoping to get my original Halo Combat Evolved game disc for the OG Xbox from my parent's house, just to have in the collection. If we're counting apparel, I got a Warthog schematics shirt for my birthday from my fiance. And recently, in preparation for cosplaying at Outpost Discovery in Houston, I bought a BoomCo AR and Pistol and painted them both to look like in-universe weapons. Can't wait to show them off next weekend!!

As for most prized possession, since my collection is largely just the print media, I have to go with Halsey's Personal Journal. I love having in-universe items, and that is like the mac-daddy of in-universe items.

Going forward, I'm trying to get into the cosplay arena. For Outpost, I'll be starting small as an insurrectionist (along with my fiance). Hopefully I'll get some tips at the event to start getting better at cosplay.

Good luck to you in your great journey!
Hello!

I've been a fan of since Halo: Combat Evolved came out in 2001 so if you want to be technical about it, that's when my collection started. My collection consisted of the games, the collectors edition, a couple of consoles, the books, and a few action figures. That was all I could afford until I started college. Fast forward to 2009 when McFarlane was starting to really crank out the action figures. That was when my collection really began to grow.

My prized possessions are my life size Noble Team statues. I have the only complete set outside of Microsoft and 343 Industries. I'm very proud of those pieces. As for places to look: eBay, Amazon, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and local game stores. We're in a bit of a dead zone with Halo collectibles right now because nothing new has come out. Wicked Cool Toys just announced that they acquired the licensing for Halo Infinite so we'll be seeing all sorts of collectibles late 2020.

I'm one of the biggest Halo Collectors in the world and that didn't happen overnight. It takes time and its very expensive. LOL! I love to share my passion and show off my collection with others but always remember that it doesn't matter how big of a collection you have. Just because I have an enormous collection doesn't make me any more of a fan than you. What's important is that we're Halo fans and we're part of this incredible community. :)

As a tip to start collecting, do some research on the various lines of action figures/collectibles, find what you like, and focus on that one line. Also, if you ever have any questions or want some information on pricing for something, feel free to message me anytime. I hate to see collectors get ripped off. People tend to think that Halo collectibles are like Funko POP's meaning that they think anything "old" or "exclusive" is going to be super valuable. That's not always the case.
That is crazy, been meaning to privately ask after taking a gander. Do you intend to ever open some of them? Maybe make a stop motion film? Where do you find the space for a life sized Noble Team too that sounds ridiculous, I thought those pictures I saw on Instagram was in an Office building.

Spoiler:
Show
Also would you recommend sites like Toywiz.com?
Hello!

That is crazy, been meaning to privately ask after taking a gander. Do you intend to ever open some of them? Maybe make a stop motion film? Where do you find the space for a life sized Noble Team too that sounds ridiculous, I thought those pictures I saw on Instagram was in an Office building.

Spoiler:
Show
Also would you recommend sites like Toywiz.com?
As of right now, I don't plan on opening the action figures simply because I have next to no display space. My soon to be wife and I will be buying a house next year so when we get moved in, that might change. The life size Noble Team statues are in a building I own which is where I host LAN events and tournaments. They're better off sitting there until we move into a house.
Hello!

This is why I like you. You're so down to earth with everything!
MorseyBaby wrote:
Hello!

This is why I like you. You're so down to earth with everything!
Thank you!
I second 'MorsyBaby'
I started my collection a few months after the release of Halo 4, it was the boost I needed to collect stuff from the franchise after many entries in the past.
My collection is very small, though. Its hard to find Halo stuff where I live and there's always an issue when ordering online for me :/
I started my collection a few months after the release of Halo 4, it was the boost I needed to collect stuff from the franchise after many entries in the past.
My collection is very small, though. Its hard to find Halo stuff where I live and there's always an issue when ordering online for me :/
Buying online is basically the only way to go about buying Halo collectibles right now. eBay and Amazon are always great places. Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore, and ToyWiz are a few other websites to check out. Besides that, your local Facebook Marketplace is another place you could look for some local collectibles.
I started collecting when I got the Halo Reach Limited Edition.

My most prized Halo possession is my Halo 4 Limited Edition, signed by Cas Anvar - the voice of Dalton (requisition guy). He came to my local game shop to sign copies on the day.

Yes he is the Assassins Creed guy!
Buying online is basically the only way to go about buying Halo collectibles right now. eBay and Amazon are always great places. Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore, and ToyWiz are a few other websites to check out. Besides that, your local Facebook Marketplace is another place you could look for some local collectibles.
It might be
But where I live the stuff that comes with PayPal stuff relted makes it difficult or impossible to get
I have a random assortment of collectibles I have Legendary editions of the games, pop funkos, every Halo Legendary Crate by Loot Crate, assorted shirts from the original 343i Halo store. My most prized item is a Steve Downes signed Master Chief pop funko, unfortunately I didn't personally have it signed, I paid a pretty penny for it
I have been collecting for years. I have 99.9% of the games new and unopened. Some books and some action figures.
Probably the hardest part of being a Halo collector for me is living in Europe.

We just don;t get that much Halo merch - and the stuff we do get is overpriced, costing twice or three times of what it actually costs in the US.
I can't really say I am collecting however. I buy all the books and have all Limited editions of each Halo game (except for ODST, which did not see an LCE release)
It might be
But where I live the stuff that comes with PayPal stuff relted makes it difficult or impossible to get
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Falconx03 wrote:
I have a random assortment of collectibles I have Legendary editions of the games, pop funkos, every Halo Legendary Crate by Loot Crate, assorted shirts from the original 343i Halo store. My most prized item is a Steve Downes signed Master Chief pop funko, unfortunately I didn't personally have it signed, I paid a pretty penny for it
That's really cool! Personalized or not, it's a really cool item to have! Which POP did you have signed?

FOTUS wrote:
I have been collecting for years. I have 99.9% of the games new and unopened. Some books and some action figures.
The games part of collecting is fascinating and a real treasure hunt. There are so many variants from different countries, pre-releases, re-releases, employee only, and everything in-between.

Probably the hardest part of being a Halo collector for me is living in Europe.

We just don;t get that much Halo merch - and the stuff we do get is overpriced, costing twice or three times of what it actually costs in the US.
I can't really say I am collecting however. I buy all the books and have all Limited editions of each Halo game (except for ODST, which did not see an LCE release)
I've got a few Halo friends in Europe who say the same thing. A couple of them buy collectibles then have em shipped to me then I ship to them. Shipping costs are expensive but its a price they're willing to pay to get Halo stuff. Australia is tough for collectors, too.
TheLegendary117 It is the Master Chief with Cortana #07. It reads:

Tango Down
(steves signature)
(master chief signature)

I don't know how to go about getting a picture of it here lol. Once I do, I will add it
I started collecting halo stuff when halo 4 came out. I had legendary editions and some random things. Like one single blind bad jackle. And I had a few pins and collector edition guides/art books. But after I got a figure of a Spartan for a weapon skin, my collection took off. I stared to collect the mega blocks blind bags, all the books, and even more toys. And as of right now I have all of the halo legendary loot crates. Honestly I'm running out of room, especially after getting more stuff form halo Outpost.

I get most of my older collectibles from eBay. While I get my new blind bags or mega blocks sets directly form the store when they come out. I keep an eye peeled when I'm out and about in or near stores. The books I got from Amazon. Amazon can bend you out books or ruff then up a bit. But lately they have been really good at shipping stuff. I used to get the halo books from Barnes and Noble and j still do from time to time, but most most of them came form Amazon.
Falconx03 wrote:
TheLegendary117 It is the Master Chief with Cortana #07. It reads:

Tango Down
(steves signature)
(master chief signature)

I don't know how to go about getting a picture of it here lol. Once I do, I will add it
That's awesome! Sounds like a grail piece for the collection.
I started collecting Halo collectibles since i played my first Halo game when i was 16.
I started with books and the legendary editions and it continued with comics figures clothing and so on.

My most precious item is still the Chief's helmet which was included in the Halo 3 Legendary Edition
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2