Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo Combat Evolved’s 20th Anniversary

OP FestivHunter

Who wants to see Halo CE’s cutscenes remastered with Blur for its 20th anniversary? I know this probably won’t happen, but I think it’s a project 343 should work on.
I want to see all the cutscenes from all the games remastered by Blur, but we both know its not going to happen.

Personally I would love to see a book or documentary which acts as a 'biography' of the franchise. Interviews, behind the scenes, unreleased content, inspirations, storyboards, scripts and drafts; not just of Halo CE but everything we've seen over the last 20 years. All this stuff is getting progressively leaked anyway, might as well make it a proper thing.
I want to see all the cutscenes from all the games remastered by Blur, but we both know its not going to happen.
I second this. Would be great to see all of them done by Blur.
Ooooo sounds expensive I love it
It would be a dream come true if Blur redid the Halo CE cinematics! Could you just imagine how scary they could make the introduction of the Flood?!
Who wants to see Halo CE’s cutscenes remastered with Blur for its 20th anniversary? I know this probably won’t happen, but I think it’s a project 343 should work on.
Even though it's unlikely it would definitely be a great idea.
It would be something really nice to see a remastered anniversary of CE, I’m actually really excited for Halo/Xbox’s 20th anniversary because I was born the same day Halo and the Xbox got released :)
Wow there cowboy I am all for this it sounds great, but can we get halo 3 remastered first and then come back to this
That would be so cool for such a monumental Halo achievement.
Sounds nice, I like it :)
Yes, please. The Xbox 360 remaster was not very good to tell the truth. It's too bright and ruins the atmosphere of darker levels.
343i should totally re-remaster Halo: CE and remaster Halo 3 with next-gen graphics and ray-tracing.
Honestly I find the cutscenes jarring. They look beautiful yes, but they don't match the graphics and their timing is off.

There's a certain immersion to cinematics being in engine I find. Using a pre-rendered cutscene just makes me think of old games with hardware limitations.

I wish there was an option to turn the blur ones off in H2A.
That would epic :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The things I'd do for another CE remake, first one really wasn't good imo. And pre rendered cutscenes would pretty much be crucial, not because the in-game ones look bad, but since they are so old it looks weird to just paste new graphics onto them.
But I also think that I would want a Halo 3 remake even more. I just want the whole trilogy made like they did H2A
I really hope they announce a Special Edition Series for it. The Series S could have the "speaker" circle look like a Halo Ring with a black and starry space theme around it. The Series X could be made to look like something the Forerunners had. Or if they made it a Transparent Blue like Cortana, with some white and blue coloring for the effects she has on her body.
Wow there cowboy I am all for this it sounds great, but can we get halo 3 remastered first and then come back to this
YES amen!! Also was it just me or do the Brutes keep changing EVERY single game. To me the Halo 2 Brutes were always the definitive brutes although they're my least fave species personally. I'd KILL for Halo 3 to be remastered with Halo 3 brutes looking like the glorious halo 2 remastered brutes.
At the moment I really wanted a Halo 3 Remaster with the cutscenes made by Blur.
In 2022 it completes 15 years of the game, and it is in a pleasant distance from Infinite.
enough with remasters 343 have a hard enough time getting halo infinite out as is.what they should be announcing is there a plan a limited edition console and controllers
2021: Halo CE Blur Remastered
2027: Halo 3 Blur Remastered
2029: Halo 3: ODST Remastered
2145: Halo 5: Guardians Nanotechnology Remastered