[Locked] Halo dead

OP THI5 GUYY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I think the thing people have lost is the reason To play . I remember in Halo grinding tirelessly to get the rank I wanted and achieving one of those awesome symbol s that were granted after rank 40 I think. Or unlocking the armor sets in Halo 3 and playing 4 player co open getting g hyabusa. The fun with forge . Hilarious theatre memes . Every time I play halo 5 the ranks resets weekly the main leveling is pointless. All the armor is rng except for achillies war zone is fun but every map is. Copy and paste and I think the req system didn't help much. And the lack of memorable maps , and they changed features of some of them all the time. Sorry for the rant xD and the story not to much fun to replay.
Halo to me is on life support but not necessarily dying.Halo was at its peak between I'll say 2004 to 2009.Since then it does have a fan base but many factors are not helping it's current situation in the fps market.Cod has been halos biggest competition for 10 years now and while halo is a better franchise,cod is one of those games you can just pick up and mess around and play with a bunch of your friends.Halo used to be that game but times change.

Halo now has battlefield,gears,battlefront,cod,destiny,etc.. to compete with and since halo 4 the franchise imo is trying to cater to the fan bases of those other games instead of keeping halo unique.
Halo isn't dead at least not yet, but halo infinite is going to have to do a lot of things right to keep halo alive. If Halo infinite blunders, I feel a lot of fans are just going to give up on it. I'd consider myself one of the more intimate fans, having read almost all the novels, owning all the games aside from spartan strike and assault. I don't think I'll be done if halo infinite bombs, but if another one after that does, I just might. 343i has made a lot of wrong choices, enhanced mobility ( I can live with some, but spartan charge and ground pound certainly have to go, maybe others.), changes to the art style, shoving master chief to the back, including team and revival mechanics in the campaign ( this one was a huge no no for me. I always enjoyed the feeling of death beign death, and sometimes being alone, but more than anything I hated the fact that the other spartans kinda took away from the experience of being " that awesome solo bad -Yoink-" doing it once isn;t so bad but i it happens again... ugh ) , removing split screen, introducing microtransactions, and launching the game absurdly bear bones and then calling what they released after "free dlc"
Halo isn't dead at least not yet, but halo infinite is going to have to do a lot of things right to keep halo alive. If Halo infinite blunders, I feel a lot of fans are just going to give up on it. I'd consider myself one of the more intimate fans, having read almost all the novels, owning all the games aside from spartan strike and assault. I don't think I'll be done if halo infinite bombs, but if another one after that does, I just might. 343i has made a lot of wrong choices, enhanced mobility ( I can live with some, but spartan charge and ground pound certainly have to go, maybe others.), changes to the art style, shoving master chief to the back, including team and revival mechanics in the campaign ( this one was a huge no no for me. I always enjoyed the feeling of death beign death, and sometimes being alone, but more than anything I hated the fact that the other spartans kinda took away from the experience of being " that awesome solo bad -Yoink-" doing it once isn;t so bad but i it happens again... ugh ) , removing split screen, introducing microtransactions, and launching the game absurdly bear bones and then calling what they released after "free dlc"
For a lot of fans like myself, Halo is hanging by a thread. I want desperately to come back and enjoy the series but I know that if they continue their path I won't enjoy it. I think they've got this last chance with Infinite to have a good launch and to have satisfy those who've given up or most will decide it's just not worth the effort to care anymore. I know many people are already passed that point and have left the series unfortunately. The game must launch with all previous game modes that are a staple in Halo, matchmaking needs to be fixed (teams matching teams, 1-50 ranking system), and for god's sake they need to keep any abilities they include as map pickups. If you give fans a framework that they are comfortable with and that has been shown to work you will inspire the community and foster growth.
Please don't revive old topics, thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5