2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 17
Maybe we should have halo E-sports for casuals. Sounds like a great idea. I mean think of the possibilities, Halo could choose some amateur fans to make a team and have a pro player as the coach and have them battle it out. Almost like ultimate fighter but with Halo. Well it’s just a thought.
@ske7ch
I like parts of this idea.

In thinking of things like the "celebrity softball game" held every year at the MLB ASG, you could do a 4 man tournament that consisted of 1 MLG player, 1 celebrity/343 member (ske7ch or even like Conan come to mind, fans of the game), and then two randomly chosen contest winners from the community to play through a tournament. That way you could see how the casuals play with the pro players, and throwing in the celeb or staff member too for fun.

Would engage 343 with the community, as well as kind of give everyone a chance to see how we would interact when playing with and against some professionals.
The MS store mixer matchup tournaments do a pretty good job of highlighting amateur players.
Perhaps they could do something kinda like what Gears just did with their tournament. They had a huge thing going where an amateur team wins a trip to compete with the big boys in Mexico city!
AshamanND wrote:
Maybe we should have halo E-sports for casuals. Sounds like a great idea. I mean think of the possibilities, Halo could choose some amateur fans to make a team and have a pro player as the coach and have them battle it out. Almost like ultimate fighter but with Halo. Well it’s just a thought.
@ske7ch

In thinking of things like the "celebrity softball game" held every year at the MLB ASG, you could do a 4 man tournament that consisted of 1 MLG player, 1 celebrity/343 member (ske7ch or even like Conan come to mind, fans of the game), and then two randomly chosen contest winners from the community to play through a tournament. That way you could see how the casuals play with the pro players, and throwing in the celeb or staff member too for fun.

Would engage 343 with the community, as well as kind of give everyone a chance to see how we would interact when playing with and against some professionals.
The MS store mixer matchup tournaments do a pretty good job of highlighting amateur players.
Perhaps they could do something kinda like what Gears just did with their tournament. They had a huge thing going where an amateur team wins a trip to compete with the big boys in Mexico city!
Maybe I just don't know about it, but do the MS store tourneys get streamed or anything? They're also not easily accessible for everyone.

I live in a county that has a larger population than the state of Wyoming, but the closest MS store tournament is an hour and a half away, one way. Would be cooler if it were a drawing with expenses paid for a weekend or something, especially if you factor in either a staff member/celebrity.
AshamanND wrote:
@ske7ch

Maybe I just don't know about it, but do the MS store tourneys get streamed or anything? They're also not easily accessible for everyone.

I live in a county that has a larger population than the state of Wyoming, but the closest MS store tournament is an hour and a half away, one way. Would be cooler if it were a drawing with expenses paid for a weekend or something, especially if you factor in either a staff member/celebrity.
They are indeed streamed on Mixer, here is some more info about the most recent one:

https://noobcombo.com/2020/02/17/microsoft-store-community-series-results-2-16-20/
AshamanND wrote:
@ske7ch

They are indeed streamed on Mixer, here is some more info about the most recent one:

https://noobcombo.com/2020/02/17/microsoft-store-community-series-results-2-16-20/
Dope, thanks for the tidbit! I'll try to check it out next time.
Hello, I am FirewaveYT and I am new to the esports community, in general, I am a casual player and I would love to know how to get better at playing other than a lot of practice. It depends sometimes I stamp players that are in Onix and Champion and then I have days where I can't do anything I just play like trash. I want to know how to fix this and I think a lot of it depends on the team cause I play a lot of Slayer and Swat.
If you are new. One thing to me is the main weapons you should be using. From the start, the pistol is the superior gun compared to the assault rifle in your loadout as it can kill quick we and is more precise. Don't pick up normal battle rifles as in my opinion it is worse than the pistol. If you get a rocket launcher, use it sparingly and as a defence mechanism; Use a sniper for longer range and don't use it for close quarters.
P.s zooming in with weapons like the shotgun can help immensely as the range goes longer.

I hope you do good and succeed.
-Zulu Exedra-
I'm sorry to say that I've never heard of any Halo Esports. What exactly does this mean for Halo players? Is this like official championship matches in Grifball or Arena?
I'm sorry to say that I've never heard of any Halo Esports. What exactly does this mean for Halo players? Is this like official championship matches in Grifball or Arena?
Not sure if you are trolling or not, but in case you aren't, check out this link for starters....
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone! Note that I know this isn't the HCS forum and I'm specifically not posting there because I'm interested in hearing from people who don't already consider themselves big fans/followers of the Halo eSports scene. I'm admittedly still pretty new to the world of Halo eSports and while I'm quickly getting up to speed I know it's a topic that seems pretty divided amongst the overall Halo community. I consider myself more of a casual vs. competitive Halo player but I'm definitely curious about Halo eSports and my interest continues to grow. Next weekend I'll be joining the team at HCS Las Vegas where I hope to help cover the event from a more 'casual' point of view.

If you're on the fence about Halo eSports or perhaps haven't really even been interested at all thus far, I'd love to better understand why. What don't you like? What would make it more interesting and appealing to you? What about the current program do you like?

As a first timer on the ground in Vegas, do you have any suggestions or ideas on what you'd like to see/hear/read more about from someone who has a similar perspective as you? Ultimately I want to make the most of my time there and one of my biggest goals, aside from generally getting more acclimated with the HCS program and people, is to help broaden appeal and amplify the stories to those who thus far haven't really cared.

Let's please keep this conversation constructive and focused.

Thanks for your input!
Can anyone help me to catch up with the latest HCS and how to watch it
AshamanND wrote:
Not sure if you are trolling or not, but in case you aren't, check out this link for starters....
No, I'm not Trolling.
If you are new. One thing to me is the main weapons you should be using. From the start, the pistol is the superior gun compared to the assault rifle in your loadout as it can kill quick we and is more precise. Don't pick up normal battle rifles as in my opinion it is worse than the pistol. If you get a rocket launcher, use it sparingly and as a defence mechanism; Use a sniper for longer range and don't use it for close quarters.
P.s zooming in with weapons like the shotgun can help immensely as the range goes longer.

-Zulu Exedra-
Good advice. Though, I'm not quite sure how the Shotgun's range could be improved simply by zooming; the zoom just resets every time you fire the weapon.

-Zulu Exedra-
Good advice. Though, I'm not quite sure how the Shotgun's range could be improved simply by zooming; the zoom just resets every time you fire the weapon.
I was talking about halo 5 on that one sorry. I should've made that more clear.
AshamanND wrote:
No, I'm not Trolling.
Well then definitely check out the link.
Official Halo esports, HCS, is generally 4v4.

Most recently they've been playing various titles in MCC through third party organizers, prior to that it was all H5.

H5 was using the Team Arena settings for tournaments. These tournaments had online qualifiers and finished off with 3 day long LANs. Definitely check out the link.

-Zulu Exedra-
I was talking about halo 5 on that one sorry. I should've made that more clear.
Oooohhh! Okay, that makes more sense.
Here are a couple videos that should catch you up to speed:

Halo: The Competitive Return by Snipetality Beyond Entertainment
The Rise and Fall of Halo esports by Daniel Rosen & Colten Gowan via theScoreEsports
HCS 5 Year Anniversary: CLG vs Noble Black
And no; modes like Grifball, Arena, Swat, etc are not deemed competitive and are not played in tournament.

ske7ch wrote:
-snip-
Can anyone help me to catch up with the latest HCS and how to watch it
Here are the channels that you may want to review and subscribe to:

Official Halo/HCS Highlights
Paradise Halo
The ShyWay
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I see this is an older topic but I'm trying to get around and input to some conversations around the forums haha!

I had the opportunity to play in two different casual tournaments. One was a 2v2 Halo 5 event at the launch of the Microsoft Store in London, and the other was an Amateur Grifball event hosted by DJBluePDX on Mixer. I had a ridiculous amount of fun at both of these as there was no high skill bar expectations and everyone was simply there to have a great time and enjoy some quality Halo. I feel events like these are a great way for people to dip there toes into competitive Halo and consider following it more closely, it's the equivalent of playing football down the park with a few friends then going home and watching the professionals play. So I think highlighting these events more is a great way to gain interest.

Since these events I've been joining a regular squad of me and 3 friends in the ranked lobbies for Halo 5. Despite the game being around for some time now, that grind for higher ranks is still dangerously addictive and a great way to get into some competitive play in an environment you can feel comfortable with so I'd definitely recommend grabbing some friends, playing some ranked lobbies and tuning into amateur events from time to time!
Itill be nice just to see halp go back to its roots but also improve on player experience
i really wish they would get rid of skilled based matchmaking in casual game modes, cause when i want to relax and play halo the games are either too easy or way too hard
There are always problems, but they know what they're doing are not as stupid as you think, wait and see
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 17