Halo eSports for "Casuals"

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8
I'm not a massive esports devotee but everynow and again I will sit and look up some recordings. Things I like about it are that people playing are really earnestly playing, not just messing about or shooting their team mates in the back to be a you know what. You also don't have to listen to them talking about nonsense or how ill they feel or whatever unlike some gameplay vids of various games. The things I'm not keen on are the maps all seem so small and the team sizes are also small. It makes the game become repetitive to watch and only ardent fans are going to watch a full match of one guy ping someone to death with a rifle, then get killed by the other member of the enemy team, who is then killed in turn and so on. Significantly larger maps with larger teams and a limited number of respawns would make for some really interesting and probably more tactical games. I may never get into it enough to follow rankings etc but I would definitely watch some of these types of matches more often. Not saying that current game types should be wholly replaced, just added to. The guys who play (esports) are obviously skilled and it would be great to see that in a larger scale.

This is just my opinion and you asked what would get me more interested, this is pretty much it.
My biggest problem is how toxic the competitive community can get. I'm all for a bit of talking smack; but at the end of the day it's a game, and games are meant to be fun.
Good idea
The biggest problem with all E-Sports and all sports in general is the negative, toxic way that alot of people approach competition. It's almost as if these people want to be so good, and rub it in other people's faces so much that it discourages people from even wanting to play. If individuals focused more on building a strong community, instead of trying to break people's spirit, then competition in all forms would be more enjoyable and productive.

343i, and especially the HCS/HWCS casters/commentators have been doing a great job at promoting a healthy competitive spirit. The community just needs to mature with the scene as it matures itself, after re-emerging after the dark days of Halo Reach with MLG dropping Halo. The single Zero Bloom Halo Reach MLG tournament was glorious, but too late. The Halo 4 FFA World Championship was a great glimmer of hope. Now the HCS and HWCS are amazing with Halo 5's superb multiplayer. The E-Sports scene in the console FPS world has eally exploded these past few years; it just needs to mature. Halo is in good hands at 343i, and I'm super hyped for the 2018 World Championship Series and Halo 6!
events in or around Seattle would be cool
I just couldn't watch someone playing the game, I don't care to watch sports either I'd rather play it for myself. I'm completely out of the loop with the on goings of HCS, but it probably helps keep the game alive to keep it up. I'd only be a bit more interested if when ever there was a championship or what not is that there was some kind of unlockable for the events duration that way we know it's when it's happening without having to be and avid follower already. Rather than someone elses team name on a skin behind a pay wall, I'd personally stick to the default skins over those there's just something weird about having someones name on your stuff. I don't know I'm weird like that I guess.
Cool but... I don't think it can ever happen sadly.
Esports is pointless and boring, especially when combining it with a game like halo 5. Absolutely nothing can get me to care about it.
Esports for casuals will bring us a new generations of pro players, that never can be professionals without this opportunity
While playing halo 5 over the year i have seen a lot of changes of gamers. The change comes in waves i remember when i first started out. It was already competitive to begin with. Which made me look for fordge maps to get better at the game without going on ranked. I believe the big consern for me would be the big gap between social and ranked. Somtimes i will play social and get a better team setup then ranked. Then i wont play ranked for a while because i feel the team pick is off. And when i do decide to get on ranked there is always one player who doesnt know what they are doing. And after the match you look at the ranks. Not every person on your team or the opposing has a good line up both have silver gold or onyx. Then you say to yourself how is that ranked when not all on one team have the same rank which is annoying. Then i find myself gravitating to social more because of behavior of the selection it gives you which is more laid back. They should put out a social hcs rank i believe you will see brand new players rising from for challenge. It also has to do with comunnication people who dont know how yo communicate shouldnt get into ranked because it will be too tough to win. Social your more free to say what you want or background music mixer it up.
I love what you guys are doing with eSports. Halo is the only eSports I watch or care about, and its great to see that each year is better than the last. Halo eSports has made me want to get better at my technical skills in Halo i.e. jumps, map rotations, weapon combinations, etc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8