Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo FPS on Mobile?...

OP MAX2107

With the recent success of COD Mobile and PUBG Mobile before that, what are your thoughts on finally getting Halo into the Mobile realm? Not RTS, Side-scroller or top-down, but FPS. It could be limited to 4v4 or 5v5 with smaller maps and gametypes.

It's been a while since a mobile phone game has been discussed and I didn't want to revive an old thread.
No way when they are working on xcloud.
I previewed xcloud and it works alright... By next gen I imagine it will be working well on most all phones and modern connections.
MAX2107 wrote:
With the recent success of COD Mobile and PUBG Mobile before that, what are your thoughts on finally getting Halo into the Mobile realm? Not RTS, Side-scroller or top-down, but FPS. It could be limited to 4v4 or 5v5 with smaller maps and gametypes.

It's been a while since a mobile phone game has been discussed and I didn't want to revive an old thread.
I feel meh about mobile games, but I think it's a good idea. I don't necessarily advocate in the direction of the Spartan game series, as I found the controls sorta clunky, and you HAD to have a Windows Phone which was obnoxious. I'm also not in love with the FPS games like PUBG Mobile, although fun to pass the time on occasion, it was mostly just kind of there.

Maybe if they did some sort of RTS type thing, like Clash of Clans? I know games like that are and have been beaten to death, but I'd play a Halo skinned Clash.
Enroj wrote:
No way when they are working on xcloud.
I previewed xcloud and it works alright... By next gen I imagine it will be working well on most all phones and modern connections.
They are still in beta testing stage and have no hard date on when service will be available.
I'm with Enroj; I think MS and all it's umbrella subsidiaries are done with develping lite mobile tie-in's. Game streaming services like XCloud and 5G mobile network infrastructure are likely going to come together and blow everyone's expectation of what a mobile game can be out of the water. So I think we will see Halo available to play on mobile platforms; but literally Halo, not another spin-off series like Spartan Assault *shudders*.

Anyone who tells you XCloud is ready to rock right now on a massive scale is lying to your face, but I don't think that'll be true in two years' time. The infrastructure for serious and fluid game streaming is right around the corner.
I'm with Enroj; I think MS and all it's umbrella subsidiaries are done with develping lite mobile tie-in's. XCloud and 5G are likely going to come together and blow everyone's expectation of what a mobile game can be out of the water. So I think we will see Halo available to play on mobile platforms; but literally Halo, not another spin-off series like Spartan Assault *shudders*.

Anyone who tells you XCloud is ready to rock right now on a massive scale is lying to your face, but I don't think that'll be true in two years' time. The infrastructure for serious and fluid game streaming is right around the corner.
And I'm all for it, especially with my busy lifestyle, but it does not seem like it will be anytime soon.
Depends on what you mean by soon. I can easily see it being a pretty viable way to play PvE modes (Let's face it, it'll be several years before latency is okay for super competitive MP play) in the next handful of years.

5G's going to go up wicked fast here in the states, and XCloud is already impressive (not complete by any stretch of the imagination, but a very solid foundation).

So I do think it'll be quite "soon," but speaking in console generation terms of a few years.
Depends on what you mean by soon. I can easily see it being a pretty viable way to play PvE modes (Let's face it, it'll be several years before latency is okay for super competitive MP play) in the next handful of years.

5G's going to go up wicked fast here in the states, and XCloud is already impressive (not complete by any stretch of the imagination, but a very solid foundation).

So I do think it'll be quite "soon," but speaking in console generation terms of a few years.
Early reports from last year were late 2020, but I think the Beta process will go on through early 2021.
I doubt that they would do it but It could be good because it could encourage kids into buying the original game for the full experience and it would only be a way to get more people playing
MAX2107 wrote:

There are spartan assault and strike on windows mobile phone but for Android and IOS no
I looked at the title and was like, oh yeah, a Halo fps mobile game. Then the post starts like this.
MAX2107 wrote:
With the recent success of COD Mobile
Sigh. That just turned me off. I am against it if it is all about trying to compete with COD and be a follower and not an innovator. Don't get me wrong I play COD mobile a bit here and there but, I can't support a Halo mobile game if it is being made just because COD did it.
MAX2107 wrote:

Not like that I guess. It will surely be available through the project X cloud streaming
Im not really interested in it though Im not really interested in mobile forms of gaming either in general.
Though I do hope they wont get too influenced by CoD mobile as that had it's own backlash with rigged systems, microtransactions & such. If they do intend to make more casual game, then I do hope they at least make it properly & not as some platform for exploitation.
MAX2107 wrote:

Well they already have halo for xcloud and u can use mobile touch for it so...
MAX2107 wrote:

There are spartan assault and strike on windows mobile phone but for Android and IOS no
Those are top-down shooters.
I looked at the title and was like, oh yeah, a Halo fps mobile game. Then the post starts like this.
MAX2107 wrote:
Sigh. That just turned me off. I am against it if it is all about trying to compete with COD and be a follower and not an innovator. Don't get me wrong I play COD mobile a bit here and there but, I can't support a Halo mobile game if it is being made just because COD did it.
Sorry that turned you off, but its not an opinion, its a fact that COD has well over 150M downloads. I am a Halo first type of person and it's in no way an attempt to "copy" COD, but to adapt to the times. Many people revert to mobile gaming because of its easy access and mobility.
MAX2107 wrote:

Not like that I guess. It will surely be available through the project X cloud streaming
Xcloud is still a distant thought for non-Andriod users.
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
Sorry that turned you off, but its not an opinion, its a fact that COD has well over 150M downloads. I am a Halo first type of person and it's in no way an attempt to "copy" COD, but to adapt to the times. Many people revert to mobile gaming because of its easy access and mobility.
MAX2107 wrote:
COD also has a battle royal and loadouts in mobile. So, according to this logic, Halo should copy that also right?
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
COD also has a battle royal and loadouts in mobile. So, according to this logic, Halo should copy that also right?
Not at all. Again, not copying COD in any sense other than developing a Halo game for mobile devices.
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
Not at all. Again, not copying COD in any sense other than developing a Halo game for mobile devices.
Oh ok, well other than the feeling that it is just following COD I am all for it. I would like it to behave like H2A because mechanics like Halo 5 are hard to play on mobile. COD must have also figured this out because it uses its classic formula.
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
Oh ok, well other than the feeling that it is just following COD I am all for it. I would like it to behave like H2A because mechanics like Halo 5 are hard to play on mobile. COD must have also figured this out because it uses its classic formula.
I just want the accessibility to play it whenever when I don't have my Xbox around or when I'm traveling, but keep it...Halo.
I really feel like that going into mobile would be awful personally.