Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo Infinite Last Titled Halo

OP Get Farmed Kid

343 studio head confirms that #HaloInfinite is the end of numbered Halo entries. Infinite will be a 'platform for the future'.

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1286531002253230080

Halo Infinite will be the last titled Halo Game. Constant evolving world. This may also be a factor why they built the Slipstream engine. And the game has a 10 YEAR PLAN.

Also im digging it.
It's a good change. I also think it would be repetitive to numerically number each installment to the main story.
Even with the name change in the future installment, Halo fans will know it's a "Halo" game. That's all that matters, to me at least. Title is just a marketing tool, sort of.
I like to think they chose the word infinite so they could open up the Halo universe to infinite possibilities of stories to tell and locations to visit.
I can still see 343 Industries moving forward with the Halo spin off video games especially if they are part of the next 10 years plan. It will be very interesting to see if the Halo spin off video games are set either during Halo Reach or before Halo Infinite.
Personally, not a fan. It's what Bungie said with Destiny, which is such a meh game. Still excited for Infinite, but this news is a little perplexing.
The Stories that could be added are limitless and could help grow the Halo Universe. They have been talking about doing this for a few years now.
Ahh so that’s why they called it infinite!
Question is what about the other stories planned for the franchise and story's continuation, how is it gonna work.
"Dad, can I use your amazon credit card to buy Halo 37?"
"Halo 37? Back in my day we were at Halo 5!"
Well, if COD used sequential numbering, we'd be on COD 20 for console platforms.
Yeah I think it is a good direction, just making numbered games continually won't help Halo imo. I think infinite is a good change for Halo with a lot of potential.
Yeah I think it is a good direction, just making numbered games continually won't help Halo imo. I think infinite is a good change for Halo with a lot of potential.
The amount of lore the game has means never ending story content.
The amount of lore the game has means never ending story content.
Agree, the lore in Halo is MASSIVE. Would love to see more games and media made covering it.
Sheds a tear I'm proud of you, son.
Halo Infinite is a perfect title like doom eternal.
Personally, not a fan. It's what Bungie said with Destiny, which is such a meh game. Still excited for Infinite, but this news is a little perplexing.
Anthem sported similar claims and was also a disaster.

Honestly I dont think there's been a 'ten year plan' game that didn't get massive changes to said plan within a year of launch.
343 studio head confirms that #HaloInfinite is the end of numbered Halo entries. Infinite will be a 'platform for the future'.

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1286531002253230080

Halo Infinite will be the last titled Halo Game. Constant evolving world. This may also be a factor why they built the Slipstream engine. And the game has a 10 YEAR PLAN.

Also im digging it.
I think it'd be sick. Maybe later on we can have our own Spartan in the universe alongside Master Chief.
Nope their be spin offs and they should look at the books for ideas like harvest just saying theirs a book and it’s talked about in Halo wars so yeah plus we miss Johnson
I'm with it, but they might follow a different kind of price model to market the product (i.e. paying $30 every DLC or 4-5 expansions at outrageous prices) Inevitably most games are heading towards that model anyway but it just sucks to see.