Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo mobile gacha game

OP monarch100000

the main purpose could be adding lore or exploring the unexplored parts of the halo games

the gameplay could be like Xcom or Azur lane
what?
Dear God, no.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
what?
any Gacha game but its Halo
what?
what is a Gacha game?
*Pukes in helmet* Never. Again. XD

I'm afraid I have an obligation to hunt down anyone who ever makes a pro-gacha comment as it's literally about as close as you can get to the epitome of videogame evil, so...sorry about that..

On the gameplay-side, however, a normal XCOM-style Halo release could definitely be pretty cool! I still haven't played Gears Tactics (the Gears of War game with an XCOM twist), but I definitely loved the idea of getting to explore that world from an entirely different perspective yet with the same graphical-style. I'd love to see Halo return to the sense of isolation, sci-fi horror, and mystery that was so strong in CE, and while I unfortunately don't feel like that's in the cards for the mainline series anytime soon, a spinoff in the vein of XCOM (a series that boasts many of these themes in spades) could be a perfect opportunity to get that back! Of course before anyone else correctly points out that I'm almost referring to XCOM as a genre in and of itself, I should clarify that I'm referencing it specifically because it's one of the most well-known, contemporary examples of the genre; definitely a lot of other great franchises out there as well!

Hope everyone's doing well; see ya'll around!
what?
what is a Gacha game?
Just think of Genshin impact, Fate/Grand order those types of games

*Pukes in helmet* Never. Again. XD

I'm afraid I have an obligation to hunt down anyone who ever makes a pro-gacha comment as it's literally about as close as you can get to the epitome of videogame evil, so...sorry about that..

On the gameplay-side, however, a normal XCOM-style Halo release could definitely be pretty cool! I still haven't played Gears Tactics (the Gears of War game with an XCOM twist), but I definitely loved the idea of getting to explore that world from an entirely different perspective yet with the same graphical-style. I'd love to see Halo return to the sense of isolation, sci-fi horror, and mystery that was so strong in CE, and while I unfortunately don't feel like that's in the cards for the mainline series anytime soon, a spinoff in the vein of XCOM (a series that boasts many of these themes in spades) could be a perfect opportunity to get that back! Of course before anyone else correctly points out that I'm almost referring to XCOM as a genre in and of itself, I should clarify that I'm referencing it specifically because it's one of the most well-known, contemporary examples of the genre; definitely a lot of other great franchises out there as well!

Hope everyone's doing well; see ya'll around!
what you say is valid but there is a distinction, a line between the 2
a gacha game is designed with the rolling in mind not rammed in from behind like the games that have it like FIFA and other cashgrabby games
Give one of the games a try they might be a bit grindy but it will be fun
I reccomend: Honkai impact 3, Azur lane and arknights(Very hard game)
HI3 has a PC client but the other 2 dont have it so you have to play it on your phone or an emulator

Xcom style defense against the covenant (like reach) on a semi imporatnat world will be fun to play and tingles my lore hunger
I'm not against mobile games but I am completely against gacha mechanics.
Sorry dude, but I am totally against a Halo gacha game...
On the condition that I get to make my own Spartan first.

Sierra-666 "Satans' doughtr"
Dad satan mom angel depressed abused teenager master chef boydriend johson best friend halsey mom miranda sistr has powers that doesnt know strongesrest spartanb best sniper and fast and fly
"ic an, Be your angle .or devlu" ptsd sad no friends cute anime oni spartan eye color chbegnegechange on mood has long hair hayabusa armor black and red colorsas workedcl osely 2ith Nobel six ex-boydriend killed 99999999 covnant and elite like her a lot she kil brute a lot becausr they r mean andbtrie trorture on hre

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcomed.
no thanks
just no
i cannot tell you how much backlash 343 would get for that
I think we all learned from 5 that any kind of rng system in halo is bad