1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What Halo game has your favorite music? Personally, I like Reach and Halo 4, but I want to know what you guys think. (Feel free to go on rants about how the themes get repeated over and over again and how you may or may not think this is annoying.)
No rant needed for this my friend there will always be people who over evaluate and worry but just enjoy the music I say . The music for the Halo franchise is always epic and a few have become iconic

But personally halo 3 and reach are the best

The music for 3 just seems to capture the mythical/magical feeling of halo but reach music gives me goosebumps and pumps me up lol

Grandmasterbiff
Personally I feel that Halo 1 and 4 have the best music. Halo 3's soundtrack also is a heavy contender though.
I liked Halo: Reach, Halo 2, Halo 4, and Halo 3.
Matrillex wrote:
I liked Halo: Reach, Halo 2, Halo 4, and Halo 3.
yeah, they are pretty good. I especially like Reach and 4.
To Me it has to be:
Halo: Reach (it matches the emotion as you right to save a doom plant)
Halo CE (the opening chant theme just badass)
Halo 3: ODST (like reach it matches the emotion especially when I am walking through new Mombasa streets)
Halo 3 (it felt right as the finale Trilogy the first few games)
Halo Wars (Meh good game good soundtrack)
Halo 4 (has great tracks that makes great moments better)
Halo 5 (the opening menu theme is the only part I like and only when it sound like Halo, The rest just sound bland)
Halo 2 (just ok)
There can be no choosing. Even the post-Marty music, which should have been a let down, was a great addition to the franchise. Halo may not always get everything right, but they always manage to get the music right.
I don't know if it is my favorite of all of them, but ODST sticks out in my mind the most as having the most unique music. I thought it was a great creative move to have the moody jazz sound.
My favorite soundtrack is definately halo 5. I usually listen to music at work, specifically music with no lyrics as I find it hard to work when there is words lol :P, and I almost listen to the halo 5 soundtrack daily... atleast once or twice a week... its that good.
Halo 3 due to how epic it was and there were lots of memorable tunes in it for me. It also was one of the more comprehensive soundtracks released, having many standalone tracks whereas HCE and H2 had a lot of suites that skimped on material. H3 had suites of sorts as well, but not to the degree that the previous two did. I still love all of the classic trilogy music, but H3 is my pick overall.
Halo CE and H3 music is beautiful
Favorites in order, best to worst (IMO)

Halo 2 (I dunno about you, but I loved most of the tracks on the H2 OST, specifically Mjolnir Mix, the Mombasa Suite, and not to mention the inclusion of tracks from Incubus and Breaking Benjamin was a nice touch as well. Also, I love Earth City. All hail the Halo 2 Scarab.)

Halo 3 ODST (Somber, sad, hopeful. 3 words that very accurately describe the game and its soundtrack. I love how it's centered around piano music, which captures the environment of the game in a way that beats Halo CE, in my opinion.)

Halo CE (Originals hold up very well when compared to the others, specifically the original Truth and Recon theme, Rock Anthem, and Under Cover/Night. Really matched the environment and the tone of the game well. Shout out to SPV3's soundtrack, which did an even better job with the soundtrack than CEA did.)

Halo Reach (Had a lot of good tracks in it, had the same effect that ODST did but on a bigger scale. Only reason it's under ODST and even CE is because not that many tracks stood out. Really, the only tracks that did were Tip of the Spear and the intro to Lone Wolf.)

Halo Wars (Very angelic feeling, mixed in with heated tracks to match the time the first shot is launched on an enemy base. I like it. Spirit of Fire and Bad Here Day were new and welcome tracks with new tones to delight our senses of sound. Reason why it's low is because some of the tracks can be a bit repetitive.)

Halo 3 (Really, the only reason I like it is because of the Warthog Run and One Final Effort. That's it. Everything else kinda just mingles into the background for me.)

Halo 4 (A depart from the traditional sounds that wasn't that much appreciated. Hell, 117 is the most liked track by everyone else and even I don't like it. There's just nothing notable with the Halo 4 OST.)

Halo 5 (One word. Repetitive. Very. VERY. REPETITIVE. Really, the only thing I like hearing is The Trials, and that's it. Everything else just gets muted.)
They are ALL fantastic, but Halo 3 was my first experience of Marty O'Donnell's genius so I'll go with that.
It's a tough question. In reality, they are all very impressive. I first started getting into the soundtracks with Halo 3.

But my all time favorite... Halo 4. I am not exaggerating when I say I have listened to it well over 100 times. It is perfect. I think that is largely due to the emotional story told in Halo 4, and the excellence in using music to convey the story nonverbally. I can experience the story just by listening to the soundtrack.

Runners up would be Halo 5. I love the Osiris Suite, and The Trials is the most Halo-y Halo song ever.
Halo 2, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3 & Halo 4
Every halo that's not halo 5 had some of the best music.... ok halo 4 only had 1 good song but whatever.
Halo 2 would probably be my favorite. The variety of music in that game is just unmatched by any of the others. It has variety from the sadness of Remembrance to the cheerfulness of Peril, and from there to the almost stressful tone of Ancient machines. Each of the pieces has its own unique sound that fits the particular moment in the game. One thing I have to say though is that I don't like Blow Me Away as much as others do. I can't say it's bad, but I think it's one of the weakest pieces on the track.

When it comes to rest of the soundtracks, I think CE is amazing for similar reasons as Halo 2, though it doesn't perhaps have as much variety. But it nonetheless uses a great variety of instruments to create an interesting mix. Halo 3 ODST I have to commend for the fact that the soundtrack managed to be unified in tone without being repetitive (for repetitive, see Halo 5).

Halo 3 has went lower over the years in my books. It's a solid soundtrack, but something about it pales in comparison to the above three. I guess it's a bit less varied in tone, and the theme is too standard to be as interesting as that of ODST. Halo Reach, on the other hand, I've come to like more over time, though I haven't yet figured out whether it's just my tastes changing, or the poor quality of the Halo 4 and 5 soundtracks that have made me more appreciative of all of Marty's work.

And speaking of Halo 4 and 5, the most appropriate adjectives to describe these two are "generic" and "repetitive". What in Halo 4 isn't ruined by the obnoxious electronic sounds just doesn't sound very special in any way or form. When it comes to Halo 5, two things: 1) not every piece needs to turn action packed halfway through, variety is key, 2) the first 1 minute and 33 seconds of Warrior World was great, and the first half a minute of Covenant Prayers was interesting. I have to give credit where credit is due, and if 343i just were more daring with this sort of stuff, we could get something great. But the fact that the Halo 5 soundtrack only has two minutes of content I find exciting enough to say something positive about from over two hours of music speaks volumes about how uninteresting the soundtrack is.

EDIT: Just realized while relistening to the Halo 5 soundtrack that the rest of Covenant Prayers didn't go as I remembered, so scratch that part about first half a minute. Although I don't think the overly dramatic violins fit the theme of the song, it's altogether a unique part of the soundtrack and represents a step in the right direction.
For me it's more about the songs rather than the full OST, most likely because individual songs are tied directly into my moments playing the campaign (with some just being amazing on their own).
Some of my top personal favorites have to be:
- Halo Theme (HCE) Playing Silent Cartographer, landing on the beach, and battling to that song is one of the most epic moments ever!
- Covenant Dance (Halo CE)
- Perilous Journey (Halo CE)
- Peril (Halo 2)
- Never Forget (2, 3, and 4's credits)
- One Final Effort (Halo 3)
- Traffic Jam (ODST)
- To Galaxy (Halo 4)
- Solace (Halo 4)
- The Trials (Halo 5) Merging 117 and the Halo Theme, and having that play that late-game section in Halo 5 was amazing.
1. Halo Reach
2. Halo 3
117 is great
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2