Skip to main content
Do you guys really think halo on pc Is a good thing?
I don't want to make this a Battle between controller and m&k players, but I think halo is slowly becoming just another fps, the golden triangle isn't a thing anymore, I don't even think that the golden triangle exist in older games now that they're out on pc, now you need to actually become a god with your aim before even approaching the enemy when back in the day the combination of those three things actually mattered in order to become a good halo player. aim assist is huge on joysticks because of the obvious disadvantage against m&k. I've been playing halo all my life with controller and tried m&k, I've been playing more games on pc with mouse and keyboard and stared to liked it, now I mainly play games with m&k because it's easier (not dark souls, just don't do that to yourself and play with a controller), but halo doesn't feel like halo without a controller, it feels just like a generic pc shooter, is halo slowly becoming a generic pc shooter? Do you guys think that halo should be like Doom Eternal instead of cod? It's something that's messing with my head the last couple of months since halo came to pc, I mean I'm good with it, it's pretty awesome that now more people can enjoy this god tier franchise, and the community seems to be slowly coming back to life, what do you guys think?
I'm happy people who never played Halo are now given the chance to experience it through PC, people who have never touched the series are appreciating what Halo has to offer, I just wish a bit more care was put into the release of the games.

I really don't subscribe to the idea that Halo HAS to stand out above all other FPS games on offer, Halo 4 tried and despite the campaign being enjoyable, the multiplayer was nothing more than a diet Call of Duty, begging itself to stand out and it was embarrassing, Halo will always have it's dedicated fanbase and it will only continue to grow with each new entry, it's release on PC might be the catalyst for people continuing with the franchise beyond the MCC.

The more people get to experience Halo, the more people will stick with it and we gain new Spartan friends!
I do actually consider it to be a relatively good decision to offer Halo on PC as it makes Halo a bit more accessible to players who doesn't wish to purchase a console or doesn't want to play the game as they cannot play it on mouse and keyboard. Another point is that it will offer the players who enjoyed Halo CE (PC) or Halo 2 Vista the opportunity to experience the other Halo games on PC.
Growing up my parents wouldn't let me own a console, and then when I went to college I didn't even have a TV, and definitely didn't have the money for a console then.
Halo has been my favorite game since they day I played it at a friends house, but I've barely touched the rest of the series beyond 1 and 2. I'm glad they're finally bringing MCC to PC, just wish they had done it years ago.
Personally, I am very happy that I can finally play the Halo Master Chief Collection on PC. I have been waiting to follow the entire story from Halo Reach to Halo 4 ever since I play Halo Combat Evolved on PC and Halo 2 on Xbox many years ago.

I am also very happy that other people can finally get their chance to play the Halo Master Chief Collection on PC.
i think halo on pc is great personally
Absolutely. Get it to a wider audience. It's been a long time coming, since Halo CE on PC and Halo 2 Vista.
I think it's pretty simple: everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy Halo, regardless of their preferred platform and input method. Not much more to it than that.
tsassi wrote:
I think it's pretty simple: everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy Halo, regardless of their preferred platform and input method. Not much more to it than that.
If we take this comment to the extreme, it would also mean that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy Halo on a pocket calculator. With the basis from this example, this statement should be taken with a grain of salt as the "preferred plattform and input method" may not be a reasonable.
tsassi wrote:
If we take this comment to the extreme, it would also mean that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy Halo on a pocket calculator. With the basis from this example, this statement should be taken with a grain of salt as the "preferred plattform and input method" may not be a reasonable.
I mean, it should be taken with common sense.