Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo online pc feedback

OP ReedyTurtle90

- Make the game available as f2p on every Microsoft platform: Xbox One/Xbox 360/Windows 10 PC(Since it is using Halo 3 engine I'm pretty confident it can run on the 360 and that would show that as promised Microsoft still supports the 360)- Release the game worldwide, some of us are quite irritated with interesting f2p being only available in countries with -Yoink- political systems, an example would be Call of Duty : Online or the future Ghost in the Shell f2p...(A friend of mine was so angry that he decided to hack into CoD:Online and make his own version of it, if Activision had not stopped him we could play CoD:Online everywhere with no restrictions at the moment)- Add the Halo 3 & Halo ODST campaigns to the PC version, it's using Halo 3 engine we know you can port the stuff around, even if it's somehow a modified version, just put on some efforts, it's really worth it, it's up to you to chose to make it a paid option or not, I personally wouldn't mind having to pay for it...(We could finally be able to finish the fight of the first trilogy on PC, some of us would be very glad, and some of us could begin it, in the end, more customers)- Add Firefight, Spartan-OPS & coop through campaigns for 4 players, make coop through campaign only available on PC if you don't add it on consoles, that'd be redundant with MCC on the One and available Halo games on the 360...(Coop is a very important thing, I personally don't really like MP except at LAN parties or split screen, so coop is my chance to have fun with people playing Halo)- Add LAN possibilities (Even if we have to authenticate to the internet before or use blank profiles)(Imagine a LAN of coop or firefight? Now that'd be exciting)- Cross platform, we all play on the same servers(Now that'd be something to show people how unified Microsoft stuff is nowadays)- Port as much MP maps from Halo 3 as you can- Forge or Modding tools(You decide, just let us have custom maps in a way or another)- Sell only cosmetic content or be really careful with what you decide to sell (Anything related to character customization could easily be sold) and solo/coop content (I think Spartan-OPS missions and H3/H3ODST campaigns could be something to sell)As I see it, it's a good opportunity to create a great Halo multiplayer experience for everybody.If there's a good echo, 343 could even have a team only dedicated to Halo:Online and another to create Halo games more orientated on the campaign and coop on the Xbox One.I really hope some of you guys at 343 consider these suggestions, this could be the next big thing for Halo...
I concur, we need some love for Halo on PC.
No one appreciates these text walls, learn to format.
i am going to have to give a HUUUUUUUUGE no on this one

MAKING A FREE TO PLAY HALO GAME WILL RUIN HALOS COMPETITIVE MERITS AND MAKE THE GAME NO LONGER FUN TO PLAY.

while free to play is a cash cow and makes good money. dlc's can also be worthwhile.

DO NOT RUIN YOUR BEST SERIES FOR A PROFIT.

a simple business plan would be to drop a halo 3 port to pc with some higher rez textures. you could then sell dlc for a while after that to continue your profits and when all is said and done the final dlc release could be A PROPER editing kit. this will extend the life of the game further as it did for halo 1 on pc.

and if you are still wary about pc because of the failure that was halo 2 vista ill list the main points of why it failed on the pc market.

1: the controls were bad. mouse controls would multiply the amount of mouse acceleration based upon how many fps you were getting ingame.

2: it ran awful. you want to be able to optimize your game to utilize a wide range of pc's.

3: THE AWFUL AND UTTERLY DEMOLISHED EDITING KIT. halo 2 vista was supposed to ship with a more powerful version of the halo 1 editing kit. but for some reason it was shipped incomplete and pretty much featureless. when we got halo 1's editing kit ported by gearbox we suddenly had access to this vast world of creativity and options. we could make both singleplayer and multiplayer maps, along with the ability to make custom everything, from textures to sounds to characters to skys. the only limits were the map file size limits and those of the engine (and we found ways to surpass that now too).

so bring us a proper halo pc game that runs good and doesn't ruin the game by having microtransactions. make dlc just like you used to for the game and release an editing kit so that the game will hopefully live on as well as halo ce has. (and will set the stage for selling more pc titles in the future)
i am going to have to give a HUUUUUUUUGE no on this one

MAKING A FREE TO PLAY HALO GAME WILL RUIN HALOS COMPETITIVE MERITS AND MAKE THE GAME NO LONGER FUN TO PLAY.

while free to play is a cash cow and makes good money. dlc's can also be worthwhile.

DO NOT RUIN YOUR BEST SERIES FOR A PROFIT.

a simple business plan would be to drop a halo 3 port to pc with some higher rez textures. you could then sell dlc for a while after that to continue your profits and when all is said and done the final dlc release could be A PROPER editing kit. this will extend the life of the game further as it did for halo 1 on pc.

and if you are still wary about pc because of the failure that was halo 2 vista ill list the main points of why it failed on the pc market.

1: the controls were bad. mouse controls would multiply the amount of mouse acceleration based upon how many fps you were getting ingame.

2: it ran awful. you want to be able to optimize your game to utilize a wide range of pc's.

3: THE AWFUL AND UTTERLY DEMOLISHED EDITING KIT. halo 2 vista was supposed to ship with a more powerful version of the halo 1 editing kit. but for some reason it was shipped incomplete and pretty much featureless. when we got halo 1's editing kit ported by gearbox we suddenly had access to this vast world of creativity and options. we could make both singleplayer and multiplayer maps, along with the ability to make custom everything, from textures to sounds to characters to skys. the only limits were the map file size limits and those of the engine (and we found ways to surpass that now too).

so bring us a proper halo pc game that runs good and doesn't ruin the game by having microtransactions. make dlc just like you used to for the game and release an editing kit so that the game will hopefully live on as well as halo ce has. (and will set the stage for selling more pc titles in the future)
No it won't, League of Legends is Competitive, Team Fortress 2 is Competitive, DOTA 2 is competitive.
It would be cool that Xbox One players and PC players can play together like they are planning with Fable
My Feedback:
Good points:
Similar to proper Halo style game-play.
Not similar to the messy H5 beta
Bad points.
Buying weapons with real money
Conclusion:
Maybe this F2P need's to be rethought out since I'd be happy to pay a full priced game if it ditched this 'pay to win' scheme.
But it's strange that a company this isn't directly part of 343i is doing a better job than 343i who are supposed to be carrying the main games.