Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo or Doom Plasma Rifle?

OP tuhin94

For reference you can find gameplay of the Plasma Rifle in the upcoming Doom Eternal here. It looks exactly like a modernized version of the original Plasma Rifle from the first Doom game back in 1993.

So which do you like more and why? Question is open to interpretation so pick whatever feature you like (design, audio, feel, etc.). Halo and Doom comparisons are brought up regularly and I was curious about this one.
I'd have to go with Halo's take on a plasma rifle. Better design & sound effects, imo.

Doom's soundtrack is on-point again lol.
For Damage Wise- Goes to the Doom Plasma Rifle

For Astectics- Halo Plasma Rifle

But I like how in Doom they went back to the Og Plasma Rifle Design, it’s looks better imo
BeneficBen wrote:
I'd have to go with Halo's take on a plasma rifle. Better design & sound effects, imo.

Doom's soundtrack is on-point again lol.
Yeah, agreed. Still remember how excited I was to dual wield Plasmas in Halo 2 and wreck everything haha. Chief and Arby looked so cool with them.

Can’t wait to listen to the entire soundtrack! I watched the gameplay reveal a few times and the music was a big reason why.
Hmmm I'm gonna go with Halo's PR. While the doom one definitely looks cool, Halo's looks more unique, I like that. I also prefer the sound of Halo's. The one thing that looks really cool about the doom one though is that electrifying effect.
I have to go Halo 1 plasma rifle. It's my favorite gun in the game, oh the memories!
Yea imo the doom plasma rifle sounds a little bit too much like a toy. I'm more of a fan of the halo plasma rifle.
halo purely because of the way it looks and sounds.
Only the classic rifle stands a chance. I go with Doom, though. Cooler visuals.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I like the halo plasma rifle much better
Halo CE Plasma Waffle are the best
On my opinion, Halo's rifle is better. The way it looks its so awesome
Halo: CE plasma rifle ftw.
I go with DOOM because I really like the industrial look. That and gameplay wise it will probably have extra modes again like the heatwave or stun bomb.
DOOM Eternal's no contest.

Heck, the original DOOM's plasma rifle feels better to use than that little pea shooter they call a "Plasma Rifle"....