Forums / Community / General Discussion

Halo Waypoint App

OP Skoop

I know there is the Halo Channel app but it lacks the forums/stats i use Waypoint for. Anyone think we will ever get a Halo Waypoint app? If i remember correctly there was one back in the day.
Skoop wrote:
I know there is the Halo Channel app but it lacks the forums/stats i use Waypoint for. Anyone think we will ever get a Halo Waypoint app? If i remember correctly there was one back in the day.
The one back in the day was essentially just the mobile site, and staggered a ton. I would love an app to receive notifications, but otherwise I just keep the site bookmarked to my homepage on my phone when I'm not using the site on PC. The mobile site works great.
That would be a good idea. I remember suggesting it years ago but it never was put into place.
Can we just bring back classic Halo Waypoint, with the old Reach and 4 unlocks when MCC update launches?
Can we just bring back classic Halo Waypoint, with the old Reach and 4 unlocks when MCC update launches?
I really would like to see that coming back...
Halo waypoint definitely needs to return to the Xbox platform. The Halo Channel is lame compared to the waypoint app. I really miss the app. The waypoint app could be so awesome. One idea I had was imagine if the waypoint app had a match composer in it for all the Halo games yow owned on Xbox one and you could choose what titles and playlist you wanted to let you search multiple games at once bringing even more of the community together. I also miss all the other stuff waypoint did like being able to enter the codes from the game to unlock stuff and the achievement tracker. Sucks that had such a great thing like waypoint and replace it with something not as good like the Halo channel.
LethalQ wrote:
Halo waypoint definitely needs to return to the Xbox platform. The Halo Channel is lame compared to the waypoint app. I really miss the app. The waypoint app could be so awesome. One idea I had was imagine if the waypoint app had a match composer in it for all the Halo games yow owned on Xbox one and you could choose what titles and playlist you wanted to let you search multiple games at once bringing even more of the community together. I also miss all the other stuff waypoint did like being able to enter the codes from the game to unlock stuff and the achievement tracker. Sucks that had such a great thing like waypoint and replace it with something not as good like the Halo channel.
Agree 100%.

I miss the OG Halo Waypoint app on xbox so much. Would be cool to navigate Halo stats / achievements while searching for a Halo MM experience from a universal Halo Match Composer hub.
Skoop wrote:
I want one so badly. There was one back on the 360 which i actually really liked. The halo channel is cool i have it but its never updated and still has old news.
If we could get a well developed Halo app, I would use it all the time. Being able to stay connected to the community and to your online friends in different time zones would be amazing!

The only idea I have atm for one would be something that combines the features of Halo 5 (Spartan Companies, online friends, recently played, etc) and give us access to the Halo Waypoint site, and basic xbox live features. (Partys, messages, etc)

That would be an awesome app, maybe we could see one released with Infinite?
Yes, so much yes. Would love to see 343 bang out a proper adaptation of the desktop site we all use and enjoy. Halo Channel is outdated and buggy, especially on iPhone.

A place to interact with forum posts and browse community updates in the same manner and UI as halowaypoint.com transferred unto mobile would be super useful and very popular amongst the community.
As much as l loved the old waypoint and app,/hub.... What ever it was, I would love a app for the current halo waypoint.
It'd be cool to have it return, because it looked really nice, even if it staggered a lot...
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
It'd be cool to have it return, because it looked really nice, even if it staggered a lot...
I’m sure if it was released again it would preform much better than it previously did as well.
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!! It would be so cool to have keeping everything Halo on Xbox so you wouldn’t need to grab your mobile or hop on your PC and log on to check out stats, achievements, track records or even get into forums and have a conversation with fellow Halo fans. It’d be more handy and convenient for the average Halo player. It could also have features that allow players to get on and get unique items in game to customise their Spartan similar to Reach. It would kinda act like the Ubisoft Club in that regard.
This website as an app. Needs to be done.