Halo Waypoint Badges

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Here is the current list of all Forum Badges found here on Halo Waypoint!

Current Forum Badges

Feet First - Made your first hot drop into HaloWaypoint.com
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Statistician - View your Service Record on the web
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Enlisted - Become a member of an active Spartan Company
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Halo Legendary Crate Subscriber- Awarded to subscribers of the Halo Legendary Crate
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
Fireteam Raven Player

Fireteam Raven Player - Awarded to players of Halo: Fireteam Raven.

Photographer - Have content featured in the Halo Community Spotlight
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
Director

Director
- Has a video posted on the Halo Waypoint blog
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Artist - Voilà! (Classified by #ONI)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
CMOTW

Community Member of the Week - Has received the title of Community Member of the Week (Retired)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
Halo API Architect

Halo API Architect - System.Console.WriteLine(“Distinguished member of the Halo API community”);
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Fodder Feeder - Have a question selected and answered in Canon Fodder (Retired)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
ForgeTacular Player

Forgetacular Winner - Awarded to winners of ForgeTacular (Retired)

Write On - Participated in the Community Creative Writing Contest (Retired)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Snapshot Sharpshooter - Have an image featured in the Universe section (Retired)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
HWTM

Host with the Most - Has organized three successful forum playdates (Retired)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show

Contest Conquest Badge - Community Competition Winner (Retired)
How to obtain
Spoiler:
Show
Memorial Day Badge 1

Memorial Day Badge 1 - Awarded to one special Spartan over Memorial Day Weekend 2018 (Retired)
Memorial Day Badge 2

Memorial Day Badge 2 - Awarded to Spartans who match with 343 on Memorial Day Weekend 2018 (Retired)
Headhunter

Headhunter - Awarded to Spartans who match with 343 during Flight 2.0 (Retired)

LOL - Have a caption featured in the Halo Bulletin (Retired)

CLASSIFIED - Top ONI / Section 3 Operative. Members who participated in the 1 Million War Games challenge or the Halo 4 ARG (Retired)

Egg Hunter - Discovered or assisted in discovering a Halo 4 Campaign Easter Egg (Retired)

Halo 5: Guardians MP Beta - Halo 5: Guardians MP Beta participant (Retired)

Three Years - Been a member of Halo Waypoint during its first months (Retired)

E3 2012 Contributor - Was in the top 20% of commenters during E3 2012 (Retired)

Heroic E3 2012 Contributor - Was in the top 5% of commenters during E3 2012 (Retired)

Legendary E3 2012 Contributor - Was one of the top 10 of commenters during E3 2012 (Retired)

Halo 4 Ambassador - Was a rock star during the launch of Halo 4 (Retired)

FLAG! - Helped continue the fight against breast cancer. This badge was for participation in the Halo 4 FightLikeAGirl tournament. (Retired)

Donut bringer - Bringer of the Donuts. This was a one time badge for PAX Prime 2012 (Retired)

Chocolatier - You are the Chocolatier (Classified by ONI)

Master Builder - Architect of Halo Waypoint: Evolved (343 Only)

.net - You evolved the website (343 Only)
If you have suggestions, please leave them below!
152 badge for halo 5! The longest grind ever 😵
For the artist one does it have to be halo related art? My deviant art page.
Perhaps some kind of veteran badges like Steam has, they would either be depndant on how many Halo titles you've played or how long you've been a member of the community.

E.g
1 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for over a year.
5 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for five years.
10 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for ten years.

or

Veteran - You've played three or more Halo titles.
SPARTAN - You've played five or more Halo titles.
War Hero - You've played ten or more Halo titles
A Waypoint badge for obtaining 100% achievements in the MCC would be a badge I'd like to see, given the dedication required! :D
Perhaps a Waypoint badge to do something regarding Spartan Company leadership? Lead a company to 100 members, lead a company to Achilles helmet, members of your Spartan Company play a combined X matches in a week, etc. Something fun like that.
I would like to see a badge for some of the tournament organizers / content creators in the Grassroots program
Thanks for this Snicker, I didn't know what some were for. I had a small hiatus.

It's hard to come up with a new badge, when a lot of the different community-involved badges have already been created.
Perhaps some kind of veteran badges like Steam has, they would either be depndant on how many Halo titles you've played or how long you've been a member of the community.

E.g
1 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for over a year.
5 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for five years.
10 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for ten years.

orVeteran - You've played three or more Halo titles.
The forum ranks are the best bet for length of tenure unless there is some way 343i wants to go back and research Bungie's data to see who has been with the community with the longer amounts of time. The Halo title participation would be one to consider.
XLR8 wrote:
152 badge for halo 5! The longest grind ever 😵
This would be great and it would help some push harder for the max rank.
I like the idea of a different badge depending on which Halo title was your first one online. For example someone who played their first online match in Halo 2 would get a different badge than someone who started in 3, and so on. It would be a cool nod to those of us who have spent a lot of years with the franchise while also allowing new players to have a badge that is unique to them.
@Snickerdoodle

Regarding suggestions for forum badges, are you mainly interested in badges earned by participating in the forums or in-game accomplishments?
gg thanks for the big info
MAX2107 wrote:
Thanks for this Snicker, I didn't know what some were for. I had a small hiatus.

It's hard to come up with a new badge, when a lot of the different community-involved badges have already been created.

E.g

orVeteran - You've played three or more Halo titles.
The forum ranks are the best bet for length of tenure unless there is some way 343i wants to go back and research Bungie's data to see who has been with the community with the longer amounts of time. The Halo title participation would be one to consider.
I like this idea! On the Bungie.net forums, your title/rank would increase the older your account was. It showed just how long some users had been around, as opposed to how active they are like on this website. Someone here could have been a user before another, but have a lower rank as they don't talk very much. I think this badge idea is great as it shows both account age and also the current activity level.

Something to note, I am not sure how you go about calculating this. As we log in with our Xbox Live accounts, theoretically everyone that had an Xbox Live account the day the site launched also had a "Waypoint account." Perhaps it should go off of when you first posted?
BeneficBen wrote:
A Waypoint badge for obtaining 100% achievements in the MCC would be a badge I'd like to see, given the dedication required! :D
Remember that 100% is a 300-400 h and I have played it for 826 hrs 19 mins So i like your comment
I’d like to see anniversary badges.
I don't seem to have ever received my Halo 5 Beta badge? Is there a reason for that?
Halo: Outpost Discovery badge.

I think it would be cool if there was a forum badge we could acquire by attending one of the events. Perhaps another QR reader method like Fireteam Raven.
A badge for getting a badge idea chosen. Or is that too meta?
Halo 5 Badge: Played during the launch of Halo 5

Would be cool to get certain badges for doing challenges on MCC or Halo 5, just a suggestion
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7