4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 18
A badge for map builders
I Nav Au I wrote:
Perhaps some kind of veteran badges like Steam has, they would either be depndant on how many Halo titles you've played or how long you've been a member of the community.

E.g
1 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for over a year.
5 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for five years.
10 Year Veteran - Recipients has been a member of the Halo Community for ten years.

orVeteran - You've played three or more Halo titles.
SPARTAN - You've played five or more Halo titles.
War Hero - You've played ten or more Halo titles
I really like the idea!
Maybe for war hero if you have been with the halo community starting back in 2001.
I wonder how many people have every badge for waypoint.
TTOS COLT wrote:
I wonder how many people have every badge for waypoint.
probably not a lot
They need to bring back historic game medals, rather than focus on waypoint badges....
DreadSkill wrote:
They need to bring back historic game medals, rather than focus on waypoint badges....
The two things aren't mutually exclusive though.

Also - what historic game medals are you referring to? Like, being able to look at your Reach medals and before?
DreadSkill wrote:

Also - what historic game medals are you referring to? Like, being able to look at your Reach medals and before?
I know they are different things, but I guess they dissolved the old medals on previous games due to data space? Maybe wrong here....

Yes, looking at reach medals and Halo 3 for example. I know this account hasn't played them, but I have a legacy account dating from 2007 on which I can't see any medals prior to Halo 5. If i'm missing something, please let me know!
DreadSkill wrote:
DreadSkill wrote:

I know they are different things, but I guess they dissolved the old medals on previous games due to data space? Maybe wrong here....

Yes, looking at reach medals and Halo 3 for example. I know this account hasn't played them, but I have a legacy account dating from 2007 on which I can't see any medals prior to Halo 5. If i'm missing something, please let me know!
I think the reason most of your legacy information is missing is because this website/tracking tool didn't exist until 2010/2011. The more intricate and detailed stats were kept on bungie.net prior - Waypoint just imported in the basic information. The real detail on Waypoint started with Halo 4, although there are some minor details for 360 Reach.

I don't use b.net anymore because I don't play Destiny, but it's possible your medals still could be there if you logged in.
DreadSkill wrote:
DreadSkill wrote:

I think the reason most of your legacy information is missing is because this website/tracking tool didn't exist until 2010/2011. The more intricate and detailed stats were kept on bungie.net prior - Waypoint just imported in the basic information. The real detail on Waypoint started with Halo 4, although there are some minor details for 360 Reach.

I don't use b.net anymore because I don't play Destiny, but it's possible your medals still could be there if you logged in.
Having take your advice and gone over to bungie I can indeed see my legacy medals and stats. This is great. Thank you very much. Your explanation blows all my theories out of the water! So that's fair enough. Although, perhaps bungie and Microsoft should sort this out and port all the old data to waypoint. This would be nice.
DreadSkill wrote:
DreadSkill wrote:
DreadSkill wrote:

Having take your advice and gone over to bungie I can indeed see my legacy medals and stats. This is great. Thank you very much. Your explanation blows all my theories out of the water! So that's fair enough. Although, perhaps bungie and Microsoft should sort this out and port all the old data to waypoint. This would be nice.
Also, I know it's off topic, but would you happen to know why my MMC stats are not updating to waypoint? I've added an extra 1000 kills to my belt but waypoint stats still showing moths back....
Perhaps there could be a badge for playing each game, like for fire team raven. Or as this is a bit easy there could be one for completing each campaign/getting all the achievements.
For halo 5 there could be one for completing each set of commendations: Enemy, Weapons, Vehicles, Multiplayer and Game mode.
@snikerdoodle There should be badges for being a member of the forum for so many years Via: One year badge, five year badge, ten year badge etc.
I still wish I could get my Fireteam Osiris badge. I bought my Loot Crate, the code didn't work, then the company went bankrupt. Cheers.
I hope to get more badges
i wonder how many there are
Maybe a 10k!/25k! badge for anyone who makes 10,000/25,000 Gamerscore across the halo games? I think that would be cool ^^
SnaxGD wrote:
Maybe a 10k!/25k! badge for anyone who makes 10,000/25,000 Gamerscore across the halo games? I think that would be cool ^^
I agree I think people who grind all the halo games should be rewarded. It would help encourage people to go beyond just one game and feel involved in discussion.

For the 10k badge I think it should a mark vi helmet that is sliver with swords behind then players who get 25k get a gold recon with flames on their profile.
D0OF3R wrote:
SnaxGD wrote:
I agree I think people who grind all the halo games should be rewarded. It would help encourage people to go beyond just one game and feel involved in discussion.

For the 10k badge I think it should a mark vi helmet that is sliver with swords behind then players who get 25k get a gold recon with flames on their profile.
As said previously though, that's not really the point of badges. There are a small handful of fun "yay you did this small thing" badges, but for the most part they're supposed to be representative of how you've contributed to the Halo community in ways other than simply playing and enjoying the games. Like, did you participate in the most discussion during 2012 E3, or did you write in a community contest, or did you go find a Fireteam Raven arcade machine and play it, or was one of your questions about the Halo Universe featured in a canon fodder segment, etc etc.

Gamerscore is its own reward, and essentially is just a merit badge for having played the games the longest and having the most time on your hands to game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Maybe award OP a badge for starting a top tier thread?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 18