Halo Waypoint Forum Medals

OP bs angel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 61
What sort of community and forum-related accomplishments would you like to see represented by a medal? Here is a list of current forum medals:

Current Forum Medals
  • Community Member of the Week - Has received the title of Community Member of the Week
  • Host with the Most - Has organized three successful forum playdates
  • Director - Has a machinima or montage posted on the Halo Waypoint blog
  • E3 2012 Contributor - Was in the top 20% of commenters during E3 2012
  • Heroic E3 2012 Contributor - Was in the top 5% of commenters during E3 2012
  • Legendary E3 2012 Contributor - Was one of the top 10 of commenters during E3 2012
  • Donut bringer - Bringer of the Donuts
  • Halo 4 Ambassador - Was a rock star during the launch of Halo 4
  • FLAG! - Helped continue the fight against breast cancer
  • CLASSIFIED - Top ONI / Section 3 Operative
  • Photographer - Have a screenshot featured in the Halo Bulletin
How to get the Community Member of the Week forum medal

Members who receive the Community Member of the Week title are automatically given their medal. Should that not happen, please send me a private message with the subject "COMMUNITY MEMBER OF THE WEEK".

How to get the Host with the Most forum medal

If you have met the qualifications for the Host with the Most forum medal, please send me a private message with the subject "HOST WITH THE MOST". Include all relevant details along with links to the applicable sign-up threads, and your medal will be awarded within seven days of sending the message.

How to get the Director medal

Members who have a machinima, montage, or video posted on our blog are eligible for this medal. Please send me a private message with the subject "DIRECTOR MEDAL". Include a link to your article on Halo Waypoint and also the original place your video was published. You must be able to prove you are creator of the video in order to receive this medal.

How to get the Photographer medal

Members who have their screenshots published in the Halo Bulletin are eligible for this medal. Please send me a private message with the subject "PHOTOGRAPHER MEDAL". Include a link to your picture in the Halo Bulletin. You must be able to prove you are creator of the screenshot in order to receive this medal.
Best chicken wing-eater.
Medals like "Waypoint Community Playdate MVP" or a medal for having your caption in the Friday Caption Fun, or contributing to the "News" section, or having a screenshot selected for one of the blog galleries would be really cool. You could always go with the general stuff, like medals based on activeness and overall helpfulness. Contest related medals would be pretty sweet too, maybe a medal based on the "thanks" feature?
"Thanksgiven" for amassing a high amount of Thanks, or a decent thank-to-post ratio? Though since "Thank" has morphed and taken on the role of a "Like" button, this may not be such a special thing anymore.

Perhaps a "Party Leader" medal, for being a lobby host in a community game night that has a high number of attendants and/or a high retention rate (players joining and staying for several games).
Quote:
Maybe ones based on activity or helpfulness? Contest related ones would be cool. Perhaps those who've had their entries on the Friday Caption Fun before or have contributed to the News section. Maybe Waypoint Community Playdate MVP?
The first one I was considering implementing is people who have had their screenshots published in the HRSotD series. I like the Friday Caption Fun idea, too. Basically, it needs to be something fairly tangible so there are clear-cut qualifications for each one.
Quote:
"Thanksgiven" for amassing a high amount of Thanks, or a decent thank-to-post ratio? Though since "Thank" has morphed and taken on the role of a "Like" button, this may not be such a special thing anymore.

Perhaps a "Party Leader" medal, for being a lobby host in a community game night that has a high number of attendants and/or a high retention rate (players joining and staying for several games).
I'm a little concerned about the thanks-related one since it could be easily manipulated. It's definitely on the table, though.
Quote:
The first one I was considering implementing is people who have had their screenshots published in the HRSotD series. I like the Friday Caption Fun idea, too. Basically, it needs to be something fairly tangible so there are clear-cut qualifications for each one.
Anything that relates to front-page blog news would be a great idea. Straight, clear, to the point, not easily manipulated, assessable to everyone. The HRSotD would be a great idea.
What about badges that you earn when you reach specific ranks? For example if you get to the rank of Spartan, you would get this as a badge which symbolizes that your'e a Spartan on the forums. This idea can also work for other ranks like ODST's and Marines as well.
Total support for HRSotD and Friday Caption Fun medals. Like Enfinit said, anything that relates to the front page blog is A-OK.

On a less serious note, how about a medal you get for getting 50 thanks in one post? (I'm so close... :P)
Quote:
Best chicken wing-eater.
I approve of this one.

Only because I'd win it. ;)

Seriously, though. The HRSotD is probably the most sensible one, and I do kind of like the Friday Caption Fun medal idea.
HRSOTD or something like that.

:D
Quote:
What about badges that you earn when you reach specific ranks? For example if you get to the rank of Spartan, you would get this as a badge which symbolizes that your'e a Spartan on the forums. This idea can also work for other ranks like ODST's and Marines as well.
I like that ODST one good choice!

I think they should have a challenging medal! Were you reach up to 343 thanks from the commuinty and then the thanks medal can be added! I like the thank medal idea!

The Hero medal I think this medal should be awarded to users who help, new players with achievements and game play in campagin because its very time consumming and it shows FULL dedication to ALL of the halo games! Plus, Its a major eye catcher!
50 Most active Members?
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a little concerned about the thanks-related one since it could be easily manipulated. It's definitely on the table, though.
Very true...
I agree with HRSotD. Maybe one for being really helpful to new members? How about one for having something featured in the blog?
"Yo": A Medal for going on the Yo thread regularly

Actual one:
Most active member of the week
Community member on the month, year maybe??

I NEED MOOOORE!!! lol

PeacE

ShadEO9
Quote:
"Yo": A Medal for going on the Yo thread regularly

Actual one:
Most active member of the week
That would just promote count boosting.

Medal: Community Creator (Medal for those with Maps in Matchmaking, or a top Community Creation for the week)
Medal: Screenshot of the week
Medal: Film of the week
Medal: Map of the week
Maybe a medal to reward all the dedicated forgers who accomplished getting their content into matchmaking. I'm not exactly sure what it would look like, but the original all star symbol would work.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 61