Forums / Community / General Discussion

HARDEST LEGENDARY CAMPAIGN MISSION OF ALL TIME?

OP l l MoNaRcH l l

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 29
Gravemind on halo 2. Because as soon as you spawn in from the beginning you can get insta killed by those brute guards
The hardest mission for me of all time was Halo 4, where you're in the jungle fighting prometheans mainly, and there was this very obnoxious Knight who kept sniping me with the LightRifle on Legendary, and every time I restarted to my checkpoint and go back, he'd be in a different location but he was in the general same area.

As for Halo Reach, it was New Alexandria with the falcon flying. The hardest part for me at the time was fighting the Rangers that came in as you destroyed the jammer. That mission and/or the 2nd to last where you have to fight underneath an ice cavern with sentry guns and Noble team.

Halo 3 was relatively easy on Legendary, except for maybe the mission where you fight the brutes on the Ark and they had choppers and prowlers, the area near the crashed LongSword.

Halo 3 ODST on legendary.... was only and always only the drones... where ever they were... I died lol

Can't say for Halo 2 never played it nor its anniversary.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, i honestly forget. Its been ages since I've played that. I would assume the night mission where you're going for the CRS Light Cruiser, but I could be wrong.
I see the library alot or even missions from Reach or 3,but how is everyone's answer not regret or gravemind from halo 2,just those opening sequences alone make you almost pull your hair out mixed with the auto aim jackal snipers
I see the library alot or even missions from Reach or 3,but how is everyone's answer not regret or gravemind from halo 2,just those opening sequences alone make you almost pull your hair out mixed with the auto aim jackal snipers
I agree. The Library is actually a pretty easy mission in my opinion. Recently I played that mission on Legendary and got 2 deaths. One of them was extremely unlucky and the other was a mistake of not being aggressive enough.
Halo 2 has some insane missions that they force you into cover and to approach the battle from a single angle.
For me 2 was the hardest Legendary campaign, but The Library and Two Betrayals in CE took hours. Two Betrayals has always been horrible for me, but Legendary difficulty topped The Library for me.
I agree. The Library is actually a pretty easy mission in my opinion. Recently I played that mission on Legendary and got 2 deaths. One of them was extremely unlucky and the other was a mistake of not being aggressive enough.
Halo 2 has some insane missions that they force you into cover and to approach the battle from a single angle.
I really am baffled at people who can legendary speed run halo 1 and 2,I have some good times on a few H2 missions,but those people get so lucky
Halo CE: The Library, duh

Halo 2: Mombasa Streets. -Yoink- THOSE JACKAL SNIPERS

Halo 3: The Ark. I didn't actually find Cortana all that difficult. I managed it on Legendary while drunk in under an hour :P

Halo ODST: The Hive. I hate Drones (although I do miss them) and there were THOUSANDS OF THEM.

Halo Reach: I can't say any level, really. I've went through the Reach campaign so many times solo Legendary that they're all super easy for me.

Halo Wars: Every level because I can't strategise to save my life. Just give me a gun and a target.

Halo 4: Probably Infinity. All those Prometheans with binary rifles in the fog were a real pain.

Halo 5: Without a doubt the final mission. Fighting three Wardens at once is beyond tedious.
Halo CE: The Library, duh

Halo 2: Mombasa Streets. -Yoink- THOSE JACKAL SNIPERS

Halo 3: The Ark. I didn't actually find Cortana all that difficult. I managed it on Legendary while drunk in under an hour :P

Halo ODST: The Hive. I hate Drones (although I do miss them) and there were THOUSANDS OF THEM.

Halo Reach: I can't say any level, really. I've went through the Reach campaign so many times solo Legendary that they're all super easy for me.

Halo Wars: Every level because I can't strategise to save my life. Just give me a gun and a target.

Halo 4: Probably Infinity. All those Prometheans with binary rifles in the fog were a real pain.

Halo 5: Without a doubt the final mission. Fighting three Wardens at once is beyond tedious.
Second to last mission is 3 wardens not the very last
The triple Warden Fight was in the mission before the Guardians called "The Breaking". Luckily, the triple Warden Skip got found the same day has the game got released which meant I skipped it completely. I do still have the checkpoint from my first playthrough saved before the triple Warden fight.

It's so fun that we don't have to fight the hardest fight in Halo 5.
High Charity on halo 2. Because as soon as you spawn in from the beginning you can get insta killed by those brute guards
That's actually Gravemind but yeah, it's really annoying.
Most people say The Library...oddly enough that wasnt all that difficult for me personally. lol.
I played it on Legendary Solo earlier this year, and sure it had tough spots that took me some time, but overall it actually wasnt that incredibly difficult.
I agree, I still think that Halo 2 had the hardest legendary campaign and the worst one in that was probably Cortana
The Library was and is intensely difficult for me. I've spent hours on it, and have honestly given up. I'm doing a full legendary run of the Master Chief Collection, so I'll have to revisit that dreaded mission soon enough...
The Library was and is intensely difficult for me. I've spent hours on it, and have honestly given up. I'm doing a full legendary run of the Master Chief Collection, so I'll have to revisit that dreaded mission soon enough...
My best advice is to take the mission slowly and take everything out before progressing. There are a limited amount of enemies and you can backtrack.

This is the weapons I recommend using for the Library. Magnum is only used to take out flood forms from a safe distance.
Another advice is to watch guides for that mission. Here is links to few of them.
    I likely have replied in this thread, but just in case I haven't...

Truth and Reconciliation, it's difficult all the way through and was the most frustrating for me. I've beaten Halo 2 on legendary and didn't have as much difficulty as I did in that level. Cortana is a close second.
    The hardest mission for me was the breaking because I haven't played any of the other hardest levels
    grrjvde wrote:
    The hardest mission for me was the breaking because I haven't played any of the other hardest levels
    That mission will be extremely difficult if you attempt to beat the triple Warden fight the intended way. We got extremely lucky that the triple Warden skip got found the first day and it's one of few fight I haven't beaten in Legendary.
    grrjvde wrote:
    That mission will be extremely difficult if you attempt to beat the triple Warden fight the intended way. We got extremely lucky that the triple Warden skip got found the first day and it's one of few fight I haven't beaten in Legendary.
    I beat it on legendary by myself ZeefIex
    For solo campaign, Cortana was pretty annoying, but for Co-Op, Metropolis was absolutely ridiculous. Basically just an hour of splatter-happy ghosts and one shot sniper jackals.
    Many people have a hard time on the Library because they use the wrong strategy. Trying to charge all the way to the elevator won't work, since the level is designed to be slow and tedious. Just check your surroundings every couple seconds, kill infection and carrier forms with AR or Magnum, and wait for combat forms to jump at you and shotgun them out of the air. Make sure you hold corners and check each area before you go on.
    For solo campaign, Cortana was pretty annoying, but for Co-Op, Metropolis was absolutely ridiculous. Basically just an hour of splatter-happy ghosts and one shot sniper jackals.
    Metropolis ended up that I speedrun the mission so I didn't have to worry about the jackal sniper park. However, it's super annoying if there happens to be an Elite Ultra in the Wraiths because it will firstly take forever to take down the wraiths which increase the amount of time you can get killed in. Secondly this means you don't have the time to take one of the Wraiths before the phantom do appear which means I have to take it before I can finish off the wraith. In one very unlucky heroic playthrough I got 1 Ultra in each Wraith which is a suicide.
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 24
    4. 25
    5. 26
    6. 27
    7. 28
    8. ...
    9. 29