1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Dear Halo Community,
Its been a very long time since I played any Halo title. I started on Halo 3 I missed out on Halo 2 nostalgia. So first and foremost I suck at the game. Especially since I'm relearning to use a keyboard and mouse for MCC on PC. I know there are going to be those players that act worse than spoiled children. God forbid that a returning player comes back in the game and news flash and I'm newb status again. I'm not placing blame on 343 you all have a lot of work to do and I'm not slinging anything on you. Think what you want or make fun of me it doesn't make any difference. Much like this post I'm sure people will have their fun. Now that being said a player told me something I'm not going to repeat unless its censored. He told me to off myself. So I'm disappointed that even after a few years people are still stupid enough to say it. Yes its stupid. It does cast an image on the community. Blocking them doesn't solve the issue. Nor am I wanting to whine and say I was mad because I got beaten horribly. Everyone has had bad matches there is no need to be stupid enough to say. I'm used to trash talk but I'm just saying players like that ruin games and chase s lot of people away because they want to play Halo,chill, have fun don't have to be everyone's friend. and that's all I have to say like I said think what you want I think it's going to bed at 8 and needs to leave.
I agree.

I recommend reporting them, or if you don't even want to deal with it mute everyone, that's what I do to avoid it
Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of MS/343i, etc. anytime online gameplay is happening and other players aren't muted, you'll run into these dorks.

The best way to avoid them is to just play with everyone muted. I can't stand the dialogue that happens in online matches on any game, so I personally default to mute all pretty much always.

I'd also say that the idiots spewing out that sort of garbage aren't reflective of the Halo community as a whole, just like the ones you'd run into in CoD/Battlefield/whatever wouldn't reflect directly on the whole fan community of those games. They're exercising their individual right of expression and abusing it. Most players don't agree with their egregious, excessive "trash talk".
Yeah that is taking it too far, and should be a bannable offense.

I will cleanly let a terrible teammate know they should quit Halo though. If anything maybe it will save them some frustration, and make a better experience for everyone else.

Surprisingly I never trash talk opponents unless they engage first ha
It is a shame to enounter such people in online games.. Not only in Halo games, but in many video games out there
It is a shame to enounter such people in online games.. Not only in Halo games, but in many video games out there
Not everyone has the minimum intelligence required to interact with other players
Some are just frustrated to play bad and prefer to report their anger and faults on others.
Yeah people can be extremely stupid sometimes. People for the way they talk just cause people talk differently. Just mute them then and the problem's solved
Enroj wrote:
I will cleanly let a terrible teammate know they should quit Halo though. If anything maybe it will save them some frustration, and make a better experience for everyone else.
That's not really fair. Maybe these people you encounter haven't been playing for very long or just aren't as coordinated as others are at video games. Just because someone is playing "terrible" doesn't mean they are getting frustrated and that they aren't enjoying the game and don't have a desire to get better at it. You don't have to help every "terrible" player you see but telling them to quit Halo, politely or not, because they're not on your level or even close to it isn't encouraging people to want to continue playing and as a community we should want more people to be playing Halo. It's the toxic players who we don't want.
I’m not on PC so I don’t run into this issue often (maybe this happens on Xbox too but I may’ve gotten lucky). What I do when I run into people being toxic, is I try to be nice to them and see what the issue is, saying something along the lines of “Hey bud, everyone okay?”, or sometimes ask them to stop their nonsense if they continue so, and that we’re all just here to play and enjoy Halo. I try to spread as much positivity as possible on online games (sometimes in 5 giving players not doing so well some of my higher REQs) as it does make some games more enjoyable for me too. I’m not going to sit here and say I’m an angel as I can get angry at games too, but I keep it to myself so others don’t have to here my rants or anger or me just venting frustration, as in the end, it brings no one any benefit. I haven’t really structured this well, as I was just trying to get everything out there, but remember, be nice! :D
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Honestly I appreciate your honesty and opinions. Along with some advice. Please feel free to add me on Steam my name on there is Sicsyde. I would love to reconnect with Halo players who wouldn't mind me working through my paces and improve. I sincerely hope to team up with you. You all surprised me in the best way and I can't tell you how awesome it is. I wanted to speak my mind and I expected the worst. I couldn't be happier being proven wrong. I have met some of the best people I know on Halo,I would like to expand it. Hope to hear from you!
I had a debate with a toxic player via Twitter about this exact issue - you can read the thread here

But I'll post the thread below:

ME:"The community definitely has a toxicity issue. I even left a Spartan company that I was in because people are just TOXIC and opinions on a large scale vary widely about Halo. The loudest voices are split between 343i and Bungie fans with the majority stuck in the middle."

OTHER GUY: "so you a sensitive casual or something?"

ME: "I get an hour two at the end of my day, after work and taking care of my family, and I want to enjoy my time and have fun. My rage days were on Halo 2. I could spend an hour laughing with my friends or an hour listening to sweats scream about warzone. To each their own."

OTHER GUY: "lol I -Yoinking!- guess man casual -Yoinking!- up the game anyway and this community is huge."

ME: "I’m not casual about how I play, just how I interact with people. I make champ most seasons and I’m almost 152. How we treat each other is how this community stays healthy. I’d rather ask someone if they need tips rather than berate because they made a bad play. also, casuals aren’t “-Yoinking!- up” this game. They are the bread and butter of sales and they are where NEW competitive players grow from. We were all causal once."

--------------

This guy's mindset is what is wrong with the Halo community. He seems to think that anyone who is not ultra-competitive is ruining Halo and implied as such toward me because I support casual play. mind you, my overall multiplayer K/D is 1.7 and I'm a champ close to reaching 152. I'm by no means a pro but I wouldn't call me casual, however casual play is the BREAD AND BUTTER of Halo and where new competitive players grow from. If we don't support casual play we lose the majority of the player base and the FUN aspect of Halo that made it such a great game to begin with.
Don’t let it get you man. People rage because of themselves not something you did. I get blamed for “costing the game” all the time on halo 5 when I’m usually carrying my team and end up being the reason we have any points. This dude on my team in swat one time told me to off myself because I suck bad. Post carnage I had 28-1 and he literally had 1-20.
VividSnow wrote:
I had a debate with a toxic player via Twitter about this exact issue - you can read the thread here

But I'll post the thread below:

ME:"The community definitely has a toxicity issue. I even left a Spartan company that I was in because people are just TOXIC and opinions on a large scale vary widely about Halo. The loudest voices are split between 343i and Bungie fans with the majority stuck in the middle." OTHER GUY: "so you a sensitive casual or something?"ME: "I get an hour two at the end of my day, after work and taking care of my family, and I want to enjoy my time and have fun. My rage days were on Halo 2. I could spend an hour laughing with my friends or an hour listening to sweats scream about warzone. To each their own."OTHER GUY: "lol I -Yoinking!- guess man casual -Yoinking!- up the game anyway and this community is huge."ME: "I’m not casual about how I play, just how I interact with people. I make champ most seasons and I’m almost 152. How we treat each other is how this community stays healthy. I’d rather ask someone if they need tips rather than berate because they made a bad play. also, casuals aren’t “-Yoinking!- up” this game. They are the bread and butter of sales and they are where NEW competitive players grow from. We were all causal once."--------------This guy's mindset is what is wrong with the Halo community. He seems to think that anyone who is not ultra-competitive is ruining Halo and implied as such toward me because I support casual play. mind you, my overall multiplayer K/D is 1.7 and I'm a champ close to reaching 152. I'm by no means a pro but I wouldn't call me casual, however casual play is the BREAD AND BUTTER of Halo and where new competitive players grow from. If we don't support casual play we lose the majority of the player base and the FUN aspect of Halo that made it such a great game to begin with.
Seconding this! I was never any good at competitive games but I still like to test my non-existant skills every now and then. Most of the time the games end up being fun, but some of the "professional" players can be extremely demotivating for newbies like me. I completely understand how newbies can be annoying, but berating them and telling them to quit is NOT the solution.
Their version of casual is different. I quit halo a long time ago because ALL I would run into are players that were competitive and acted like they were in the pro bracket. It got to the point where I lost interest. I became bitter to everyonr, expected every single player to have that mentality. You know since I came across people like that so much I felt that 343 didn't care they just want money. I play a multitude of games. No I'm not the best player,nor do I try. I want to do the best I can and improve on that. I became so angry about how this was happening it felt that gaming turned into high school all over again. And its not the "why are they being mean me?!" Mentality but that's how they took it. I am ashamed of how I acted in those games and that's humiliating enough and I'm not like that anymore. But when I still see people act that stupid it just makes no sense. And I still have issues with any pro circuit gaming since I've seen so much negativity and all around childish behavior I almost wrote off Halo in general and was despising the community and the company. On occasion skilled players who remember not everyone is going to be as skilled or have all good matches show up. I just don't want to spit venom as it were to those people and screw myself over. If that makes any sense.
Ether they are just really toxic... or... they are a 9 year old who asked they 100 year old Grampa for Modern Warfare. (The person who told you to you-know-what yourself.)
Sorry to hear that, I would not take every attack personally. Their behavior is not acceptable obviously but they may be going through something as well and they can only take out their anger with you or on here, I’m not defending them.

I would report and mute those who make personal attacks such as the one you’ve stated above.
xC Matthew wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Though that would be inappropriate as heck I would have DIED laughing in that circumstance, I mean, I survived Modern Warfare 2 lobbies so I've been through a thing or two.
YukiryuFR wrote:
Not everyone has the minimum intelligence required to interact with other players
Some are just frustrated to play bad and prefer to report their anger and faults on others.
Quite true...but there are those who have good plays and like to be quite toxic against other players.Sometimes they beat you and start to call you names and pretty much pick on you as a way to laugh at you/bullying/etc.
Of course,the most logic course of action is to ignore such childish and immature actons from them and proceed to block them. However, it does not hide the fact that such behaviors are dissappointing in the online gaming world. 12 year old kids or not, Had it been present since th beginning or not, it is a disappointment (at least to me) that there are people that enjoy doing such actions.
Agreed with all of it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2