OP LbonB312

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I mean, it’s canon to the lore, and even some cutscenes agree that sprinting is just something that Spartans should be able to do by default.
They also showed them free falling head first while using thrusters for directional guides and doing a forward somersault multiple times after landing a jump which can't be done in the game. They were also doing things to the Convenant which can't be done either. Something being lore doesn't mean that it has to be a usable game mechanic.
Ok, I get it, people like gameplay over lore, I was just voicing my opinion
I don't know whether it's a glitch or not, but it says the only Halo you have played is 5. You should consider playing the classic Halos before tossing in your two cents on the movement issue.
I've played all the FPS Halos, its just all under the MCC, also played Halo 4 and Reach on Xbox 360, but that was a different account. I've also read all the books, and watched all the cutscenes/gameplay of both Halo Wars 1 and 2. Currently looking for the comics, and waiting for Halo 6. Also, obviously this issue means more to you than me, so just kinda ignore my post, I'm just here to say my part and move on
This is meant to be an active forum, so saying you are here to say your part and move on devalues your opinion, people are gonna disagree with you and if you have any belief in your own opinion you should justify why you think that way. Also, it's not about whether it matters to me or not, what truly matters is that 343 sees and gathers fan feedback, especially seeing as Halo 4 and 5 were the worst selling mainline Halo games and that Halo fans want Halo to return to its roots.
Ok, to be honest I'm kinda in the middle, so lets just say I've switched from one side to being neutral. Lets hope 343 does whats right, and this argument can be settled both humanly, and peacefully. I'm just a fan of the game, and I don't like seeing people fight. To be honest I don't really know why I came here, guess I wanted to see conflict.
I don't see any fighting on here, from what I can tell everything has been civil. All we can do as Halo fans is speak our mind and hope 343 listens.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I mean, it’s canon to the lore, and even some cutscenes agree that sprinting is just something that Spartans should be able to do by default.
They also showed them free falling head first while using thrusters for directional guides and doing a forward somersault multiple times after landing a jump which can't be done in the game. They were also doing things to the Convenant which can't be done either. Something being lore doesn't mean that it has to be a usable game mechanic.
I don't know whether it's a glitch or not, but it says the only Halo you have played is 5. You should consider playing the classic Halos before tossing in your two cents on the movement issue.
I've played all the FPS Halos, its just all under the MCC, also played Halo 4 and Reach on Xbox 360, but that was a different account. I've also read all the books, and watched all the cutscenes/gameplay of both Halo Wars 1 and 2. Currently looking for the comics, and waiting for Halo 6. Also, obviously this issue means more to you than me, so just kinda ignore my post, I'm just here to say my part and move on
This is meant to be an active forum, so saying you are here to say your part and move on devalues your opinion, people are gonna disagree with you and if you have any belief in your own opinion you should justify why you think that way. Also, it's not about whether it matters to me or not, what truly matters is that 343 sees and gathers fan feedback, especially seeing as Halo 4 and 5 were the worst selling mainline Halo games and that Halo fans want Halo to return to its roots.
Ok, to be honest I'm kinda in the middle, so lets just say I've switched from one side to being neutral. Lets hope 343 does whats right, and this argument can be settled both humanly, and peacefully. I'm just a fan of the game, and I don't like seeing people fight. To be honest I don't really know why I came here, guess I wanted to see conflict.
I don't see any fighting on here, from what I can tell everything has been civil. All we can do as Halo fans is speak our mind and hope 343 listens.
Agreed
Also I use fighting as an umbrella term
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Agreed
Civil debate is a good alternative.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Agreed
Civil debate is a good alternative.
That too
LbonB312 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
Your making it seem like the Reach loadouts were less well recieved than the Halo 5 abilities, which just isn't true. At least this way Halo 6 would feel like a Halo game.
I'm curious: how do you know it isn't true? Did you tabulate every time someone criticized Reach versus everytime someone's criticized Halo 5? Reach was a very divisive game, just like Halo 5; some people loved the new direction, others felt it was "the beginning of the end" for Halo. To this day, some people still say that Reach is not a true Halo game.
And even those who are in the anti-sprint camp have praised Halo 5 for getting rid of loadouts. I just don't see how you are concluding that loadouts were not as controversial as Spartan Abilities.
I was around during Halo Reach's release, and it was no where near as divisive as what I had seen people react to Halo 5's changes to gameplay. To be honest I don't remember seeing excessive negativity back during the Bungie forums, but I could just be forgetting or even ignoring that past.
Ahahaha really?

I think we were reading two very different B.net sites then. Reach was absolutely hated and I'd wager moreso than Halo 5.
My sentiment and recollection also.
No, just no... Spartans are literally the super soldiers of the future, and you’re saying that they shouldn’t be able to sprint... Do you see the broken logic there? I mean, it’s canon to the lore, and even some cutscenes agree that sprinting is just something that Spartans should be able to do by default.
Lol ok then, Let me sprint and fire my br with no recoil because that is canon.

No? sound game breaking?

Yeh, exactly.
No, just no... Spartans are literally the super soldiers of the future, and you’re saying that they shouldn’t be able to sprint... Do you see the broken logic there? I mean, it’s canon to the lore, and even some cutscenes agree that sprinting is just something that Spartans should be able to do by default.
Lol ok then, Let me sprint and fire my br with no recoil because that is canon.

No? sound game breaking?

Yeh, exactly.
Actually you can’t run and sprint, like at all, in any of the games
eLantern wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
Your making it seem like the Reach loadouts were less well recieved than the Halo 5 abilities, which just isn't true. At least this way Halo 6 would feel like a Halo game.
I'm curious: how do you know it isn't true? Did you tabulate every time someone criticized Reach versus everytime someone's criticized Halo 5? Reach was a very divisive game, just like Halo 5; some people loved the new direction, others felt it was "the beginning of the end" for Halo. To this day, some people still say that Reach is not a true Halo game.
And even those who are in the anti-sprint camp have praised Halo 5 for getting rid of loadouts. I just don't see how you are concluding that loadouts were not as controversial as Spartan Abilities.
I was around during Halo Reach's release, and it was no where near as divisive as what I had seen people react to Halo 5's changes to gameplay. To be honest I don't remember seeing excessive negativity back during the Bungie forums, but I could just be forgetting or even ignoring that past.
Ahahaha really?

I think we were reading two very different B.net sites then. Reach was absolutely hated and I'd wager moreso than Halo 5.
I think it's due to the Halo playerbase dropping off after 343's acquisition. Then again, I can only speculate. I'd imagine if Halo 5 were released in place of Reach it would be far more hated by the community, at least at that time.
eLantern wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
Ahahaha really?

I think it's due to the Halo playerbase dropping off after 343's acquisition. Then again, I can only speculate. I'd imagine if Halo 5 were released in place of Reach it would be far more hated by the community, at least at that time.
Nah. I highly doubt it. And by the way I sure wish that had happened.
I like the advanced mobility as is. The only thing I would change is the spartan charge. It’s slightly too powerful. I think the thrust should be enough to dodge a thrust and right now it doesn’t really seem to be the case. It’s almost like the thrust has a slight homing feature.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4