1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
when i play halo ive notice that im not the best but i would like to improve and become a better spartan. do yall have any tips on how to become better at the game?
Aside from the obvious strafing in BR/Magnum battles, your placement on the map is crucial. Whether it be Slayer or CTF, you need to always pay attention to where the enemy is, and kind of work around that. I'm not saying ignore enemies, and definitely don't hide, but in some circumstances, it's better to move about unnoticed until you know you can make a good play, whether it be through a good flank, or just pulling a flag, making enemies approach you, and allowing your teammates to move up. Being an aggressive player does work, but it's really only ideal to play with that style if you have teammates you can still rely on to make pushes and plays.

Depending on the Halo game, time the weapon and power-up spawns using the countdown timer in the corner of your screen after it's been grabbed. If you choose to play ranked, expect people to be sitting around the area power-ups spawn in around two minutes after they've been picked up. Weapon spawns usually vary per map.
The easiest advice I can give is about map awareness. It's surprisingly simple- most of the time, the enemy is wherever your teammates are not. And when they are close by, you can hear / see gunfire.

If you want to find where people are, you need to know the maps. There are usually a couple places (at least) where you can see pretty much the entire map. It'll make finding people a lot easier. There are also places where they tend to congregate- especially in corridors on the perimeter / ends of the map.

It's usually a bad idea to run straight into a firefight against multiple enemies, unless you've got teammates to back you up. But if you know where they are and you won't be outnumbered, surprise is key. The guy who shoots first usually wins. Easy as that.

There are also ways you can get around this. Grenades, for example, followed up by two shots from a precision weapon. Or you can pull the most annoying move in all of multiplayer- run away and drop some grenades behind you. If they go after you, it tends to at least give you a chance.

There are a lot of other tips I could give, especially for individual modes, but map awareness isn't hard to learn. Accuracy is equally as important, although I'll assume that isn't a problem (because it's pretty obvious why you die when you can't hit someone).
I find that using my earbuds or a headset on a higher volume has greatly improved my gameplay. That sounds so silly and small but when you can hear footsteps before the enemy knows where you are, huge advantage.
Watch professional or just highly skilled players on YouTube. I noticed a huge improvement in my own play after getting into watching the pros. You’ll subconsciously pick up on lots of little things you can do to gain an upper hand. This and (responsibly) having some caffeine,coffee etc. before playing can give you that twitch speed that helps too.
It looks like you've only just entered the Halo franchise, as Halo 5 appears to be the one Halo you've put in the most time. You're quite new to the series. There are certainly specific tips that people can give that help people at some advanced levels of play, but for you, I think the first thing to do is just to get more experience under your belt. Worry less about being good and more about learning the weapons, the abilities, and the basic elements of the game. Consider playing the higher difficulty levels of the Campaign; playing on Heroic and Legendary will teach you how to avoid damage, seek cover, and focus on critical points. Get the basics down pat. Then, start focusing on the multiplayer maps. Go in forge and walk around maps so you learn things like weapon spawns, how to navigate, etc. Get a feel for the nooks and crannies, the best places for cover, how to get to high ground. You could also consider getting some friends to help you practice with some 1-on-1 training, which could help with things like aiming. Ultimately, though, the best teacher is experience. And yes, that includes failure. Try to learn something from every failure. Try to understand when, where, and why you die when it happens. Practice team dynamics ("stick together" is probably the most basic way to interact as a team).

But the best thing you can do is just keep playing.
You won't git gud in a day.

And that's okay.
Chimera30 wrote:
It looks like you've only just entered the Halo franchise, as Halo 5 appears to be the one Halo you've put in the most time. You're quite new to the series. There are certainly specific tips that people can give that help people at some advanced levels of play, but for you, I think the first thing to do is just to get more experience under your belt. Worry less about being good and more about learning the weapons, the abilities, and the basic elements of the game. Consider playing the higher difficulty levels of the Campaign; playing on Heroic and Legendary will teach you how to avoid damage, seek cover, and focus on critical points. Get the basics down pat. Then, start focusing on the multiplayer maps. Go in forge and walk around maps so you learn things like weapon spawns, how to navigate, etc. Get a feel for the nooks and crannies, the best places for cover, how to get to high ground. You could also consider getting some friends to help you practice with some 1-on-1 training, which could help with things like aiming. Ultimately, though, the best teacher is experience. And yes, that includes failure. Try to learn something from every failure. Try to understand when, where, and why you die when it happens. Practice team dynamics ("stick together" is probably the most basic way to interact as a team).

But the best thing you can do is just keep playing.
You won't git gud in a day.

And that's okay.
thanks so much ya got my first xbox like a month or two ago but ive played before. so im still pretty new thanks so much for the adives
aim practice in swat or Her :)
My only true online multiplayer experience was with Halo Custom edition. Magnum kills are easy if you lead your shots. It's really al about learning to lead your shots.
Just stick to your team and grind. That's what I did. At the start of H5 I was at a silver/gold level and by the time I stopped playing I was diamond/onyx.
my advice would be to stay at it. don't get discouraged if you play in the evenings. I play halo 5 in the evenings and boy there are some tough competitors out there. mornings on the weekends I feel like things go a lot more steady. The truest advice I can give is play the campaign. start easy progress to legendary. it will help you soo much.
The more you play, the better you will become as long as you're willing to change your playstyle accordingly.
Practice makes perfect! Honestly, figure out what gametype or playlist you enjoy the most and focus on that.
Some advice I have that got me better was to play against someone who has more experience. I used to play forge on Halo Reach with my brother (who is highly more experienced than I will ever be) in order to train playing against a hard enemy. You'll end up having lots of fun and even pick up some strategic tips along the way to become a better player :)

Of course, there are other things besides one-on-one combat, like capture the flag, etc, etc. All this helps because playing against a real player rather than an A.I. player will be more challenging, because sometimes the A.I. players can be a bit predicable when it comes to their tactics on the field. A real player will have a lot of ways to dodge, shoot, and assassinate, so watch out!

Hope this helps ya become a great player, my fellow spartan :D
Celeste117 wrote:
Some advice I have that got me better was to play against someone who has more experience. I used to play forge on Halo Reach with my brother (who is highly more experienced than I will ever be) in order to train playing against a hard enemy. You'll end up having lots of fun and even pick up some strategic tips along the way to become a better player :)

Of course, there are other things besides one-on-one combat, like capture the flag, etc, etc. All this helps because playing against a real player rather than an A.I. player will be more challenging, because sometimes the A.I. players can be a bit predicable when it comes to their tactics on the field. A real player will have a lot of ways to dodge, shoot, and assassinate, so watch out!

Thank u so much for the advice
Celeste117 wrote:

Thank u so much for the advice
No problem, I'm glad to help :D
It might also help to play campaign on Legendary, but of course it will never quite compare to actual people.
It might also help to play campaign on Legendary, but of course it will never quite compare to actual people.
That's true but legendary is also a good idea thanks u
It will get easier as reach and other titles come to pc, however try setting a higher dpi or controller sensitivity on xbox at a higher screen hertz , it will increase reaction time. Also try surround sound headphone and try your best to play the same maps over and over to get familiar with the spots and tricks on each
It will get easier as reach and other titles come to pc, however try setting a higher dpi or controller sensitivity on xbox at a higher screen hertz , it will increase reaction time. Also try surround sound headphone and try your best to play the same maps over and over to get familiar with the spots and tricks on each
Thanks I will
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2