Forums / Community / General Discussion

How microtransitions should work for halo 6

OP THEROWEBOT253

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
How about no microtransactions at all and we go back to players having to earn everything they have?
Or keep it purely cosmetic, like different armors or emblems.
ronnie42 wrote:
So the future of microtransitions in AAA gaming is questionable to say the very least. With the recent controversies surrounding Bungie and EA because of the way they’ve implemented their systems and the major backlash each company has received I think it’s safe to say other publishers will think twice on how they implement theirs. Its almost certain halo 6 will have microtransitions in some form but we don’t know how it will work. With most of the community really disliking both the req system and blitz packs maybe it will be different in halo 6. So here’s how I think it should be implemented in a simple step by step process.

Step 1- Bring back the credit system from Reach without changing it at all. In this system armor could be purchased with credits earned from matches challenges etc but only after reaching the required rank.
Step 2- Make it so that credits for this system can be purchased with real money so if you do purchase any it’s for cosmetics only like armor, weapons skins, armor effects etc. Nothing that effects gameplay (looking at you blitz packs).

Pros to this system.

- If you purchase anything you still have to wait for a certain rank but you do know what your paying for

- This doesn’t effect gameplay. Even though the req system wasn’t that bad it could always be worse

- It would look good for 343 because they know how much gamers universally hate lootboxes and other preditorory practices and if people see that they’ve been listening to how people really hate it people would praise them.

Cons to this system

- The only con I could think of with this is not with the system itself but what 343 or M$ could do which is make it so that you could very little credits for matches and challenges which would be a major problem because it would encourage players to spend money.

- This is purely from a business perspective but a system like this would be 1000 times better that lootboxes but it probably wouldn’t make as much money a because people would spend money and know what they pay for and not gamble their money away.

I would also like to add that I really don’t want any lootboxes or microtransitions in halo 6 but I think we all know they’ll be there and a system like the one I described would be the best case scenario.
I get what you're doing but the worst parts of Reach was the credit system due to the level caps blocking in-game purchases, many others blocked us from earning certain items but H5's REQ is worse. If they want to cheer fans up then micro-transactions need to be completely removed, never added back into any future Halo games. Adding the credit system just means the players that earned them feel cheated, the armours would become a worthless challenge that nobody will care about because people could just waste money on most demanded items, there value would severally decrease, it makes Vidmasters become pointless when people can cheat their way to unlocking everything. So I agree Halo 6 should not include either loot box's/micro-transactions or fans will trust 343i even less.
Yeah I get what your saying it isn’t perfect but without a doubt microtransations will be in halo 6 unless M$ turns over a new leaf and starts caring and I would rather have something that I described than another req system
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah I get what your saying it isn’t perfect but without a doubt microtransations will be in halo 6 unless M$ turns over a new leaf and starts caring and I would rather have something that I described than another req system
Sure no solutions is perfect but if they add it after the complaints of Halo Spartan Assault, Wars2/H5 then there going to lose fans, trust again, with the ways things are going with EA...it's only going to attract more hate. I'm literally tired of them claiming they'll bring new content by micro-transactions, they failed to deliver, in fact we're paying more for less content than we did when we was originally paying for just buying season pass's, we're even expected to buy those in HW2 to be able to play the full game. I feel like they would take your advice, take it 1 step further, finds new ways to make it difficult to achieve anything worthwhile.
Here is what I said a while back in a similar thread:
I still think Titanfall 2's MT system is the best. As Respawn put it: “We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic.” I think this is the way to do MT's. This idea could be expanded so much and made great for both in that devs and pubs get money, players get a system that hurts nothing and affects nothing.
We can argue all day if they should have an MT system, but the fact is they are business, and MT's make good money.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah I get what your saying it isn’t perfect but without a doubt microtransations will be in halo 6 unless M$ turns over a new leaf and starts caring and I would rather have something that I described than another req system
Sure no solutions is perfect but if they add it after the complaints of Halo Spartan Assault, Wars2/H5 then there going to lose fans, trust again, with the ways things are going with EA...it's only going to attract more hate. I'm literally tired of them claiming they'll bring new content by micro-transactions, they failed to deliver, in fact we're paying more for less content than we did when we was originally paying for just buying season pass's, we're even expected to buy those in HW2 to be able to play the full game. I feel like they would take your advice, take it 1 step further, finds new ways to make it difficult to achieve anything worthwhile.
Yeah you would think that they would listen to the fans after the years we have had to put up with this bs and the years most people have expressed their hate and discontent with microtransations and loot crates but no it’s ultimately up to the publishers and they do not care about making quality games only maximizes their profits.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah I get what your saying it isn’t perfect but without a doubt microtransations will be in halo 6 unless M$ turns over a new leaf and starts caring and I would rather have something that I described than another req system
Sure no solutions is perfect but if they add it after the complaints of Halo Spartan Assault, Wars2/H5 then there going to lose fans, trust again, with the ways things are going with EA...it's only going to attract more hate. I'm literally tired of them claiming they'll bring new content by micro-transactions, they failed to deliver, in fact we're paying more for less content than we did when we was originally paying for just buying season pass's, we're even expected to buy those in HW2 to be able to play the full game. I feel like they would take your advice, take it 1 step further, finds new ways to make it difficult to achieve anything worthwhile.
Yeah you would think that they would listen to the fans after the years we have had to put up with this bs and the years most people have expressed their hate and discontent with microtransations and loot crates but no it’s ultimately up to the publishers and they do not care about making quality games only maximizes their profits.
Sadly true, the sales of H5, H4 have proven that there not listening...they have never been able to get the attention back that the classics got from the general population.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah I get what your saying it isn’t perfect but without a doubt microtransations will be in halo 6 unless M$ turns over a new leaf and starts caring and I would rather have something that I described than another req system
Sure no solutions is perfect but if they add it after the complaints of Halo Spartan Assault, Wars2/H5 then there going to lose fans, trust again, with the ways things are going with EA...it's only going to attract more hate. I'm literally tired of them claiming they'll bring new content by micro-transactions, they failed to deliver, in fact we're paying more for less content than we did when we was originally paying for just buying season pass's, we're even expected to buy those in HW2 to be able to play the full game. I feel like they would take your advice, take it 1 step further, finds new ways to make it difficult to achieve anything worthwhile.
Yeah you would think that they would listen to the fans after the years we have had to put up with this bs and the years most people have expressed their hate and discontent with microtransations and loot crates but no it’s ultimately up to the publishers and they do not care about making quality games only maximizes their profits.
Sadly true, the sales of H5, H4 have proven that there not listening...they have never been able to get the attention back that the classics got from the general population.
Your right but I think there’s a lot of factors as to why the newer games haven’t been doing as well as the classics.
Another con I can think of this system is that is doesn't satisfy the "unpacking" crowd who like to get more than just cosmetics, but also weapons, vehicles, armor modifiers, etc. I still believe we can go back to when paying more money into an already purchased game can enhance the experience instead of just prolonging your experience until there's nothing left to collect.
LbonB312 wrote:
Another con I can think of this system is that is doesn't satisfy the "unpacking" crowd who like to get more than just cosmetics, but also weapons, vehicles, armor modifiers, etc. I still believe we can go back to when paying more money into an already purchased game can enhance the experience instead of just prolonging your experience until there's nothing left to collect.
What do you mean when you said “I still believe we can go back to when paying more money into an already purchased game can enhance the experience instead of just prolonging your experience until there's nothing left to collect.”
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah I get what your saying it isn’t perfect but without a doubt microtransations will be in halo 6 unless M$ turns over a new leaf and starts caring and I would rather have something that I described than another req system
Sure no solutions is perfect but if they add it after the complaints of Halo Spartan Assault, Wars2/H5 then there going to lose fans, trust again, with the ways things are going with EA...it's only going to attract more hate. I'm literally tired of them claiming they'll bring new content by micro-transactions, they failed to deliver, in fact we're paying more for less content than we did when we was originally paying for just buying season pass's, we're even expected to buy those in HW2 to be able to play the full game. I feel like they would take your advice, take it 1 step further, finds new ways to make it difficult to achieve anything worthwhile.
Sadly true, the sales of H5, H4 have proven that there not listening...they have never been able to get the attention back that the classics got from the general population.
Your right but I think there’s a lot of factors as to why the newer games haven’t been doing as well as the classics.
Sure there's plenty of reasons but 343i should have known what they were doing when forcing mostly online modes, micro-transactions because it's a common complaint for general games for a long time now, 343i didn't think that the hate it attracts might effect future Halo games, hurt 343i's rep and they know we have enough trust issues with 343i as it is.
LbonB312 wrote:
Another con I can think of this system is that is doesn't satisfy the "unpacking" crowd who like to get more than just cosmetics, but also weapons, vehicles, armor modifiers, etc. I still believe we can go back to when paying more money into an already purchased game can enhance the experience instead of just prolonging your experience until there's nothing left to collect.
What do you mean when you said “I still believe we can go back to when paying more money into an already purchased game can enhance the experience instead of just prolonging your experience until there's nothing left to collect.”
I’m referring more to DLC than microtransactions, but it is true, cosmetics aren’t enough given the state of Halo post-5.
How about no microtransactions at all and we go back to players having to earn everything they have?
Or keep it purely cosmetic, like different armors or emblems.
Without having to buy them, sure. Let players earn the points, credits, or whatever, through games them exchange them for cosmetic additions to their Spartan. The richest player shouldn't be the best looking or coolest looking
How about no microtransactions at all and we go back to players having to earn everything they have?
Yes please
I made a post about an idea of what to do with Halo 6 req system etc and it got locked and told to put in a Halo 6 wishlist thread, I do like your idea though :) Only other way i think they could do it is having it like you say just you cant buy the points its still packs etc but say a Halo 2 BR was 50k req points you could either save up 50k req points or chance getting it with 5 gold packs and just do that with everything then make req points easier to earn having daily weekly and montly challenges like reach for xp and req points but i think i like your idea better in some ways
None at all! It's the "Free dlc" in 5 is just stuff it should have launched with.
How about no microtransactions at all and we go back to players having to earn everything they have?
Yes please
It's something that, I believe, NEEDS to be done
How about no microtransactions at all and we go back to players having to earn everything they have?
The only way I see this ever happening is if the game industry switches to a higher price point for triple-A titles. When taking inflation into account (using the Bureau of Labor Statistics' inflation calculator), retail price for an AAA game should be about $80 USD now.

Additionally, microtransactions need to be viewed as non-profitable for developers in the future. The only reason that they are so prevalent now is because developers and publishers know that they can make a killing off of loot boxes and other forms of microtransactions. And unless people stop paying for this sort of thing, it's not going to happen.

Realistically, I think the best solution, as KnavishPlum169 mentioned, would be to follow the system that Respawn Entertainment used for Titanfall 2. All of the post-launch gameplay content was released as free updates for the community, while the only paid content was limited to cosmetic content such as Pilot, Titan, and weapon skins, as well as some different callsign options.

Halo could do something similar, with any post-launch gameplay content being free for everyone. Give the base game 15 or 20 standard armor options to and include the emblems considered to be Halo staples, all to be unlocked through commendations/achievements. Microtransaction packs could then consist of different armor and weapon skins in addition to some more emblems that people would likely care less about.
The perfect system is Titanfall 2’s. I’d be disappointed if Halo 6 didn’t follow that route.
The perfect system is Titanfall 2’s. I’d be disappointed if Halo 6 didn’t follow that route.
It is a good system and I hope halo 6 follows in its footsteps but who knows M$ may have other plans
None at all! It's the "Free dlc" in 5 is just stuff it should have launched with.
I wish that was the case but if you look at almost every AAA game on the market now almost all have some kind of microtransation whether it be loot boxes or seasons passes or even both in some cases (Activision). So it’s pretty much guaranteed that halo 6 will have some and if it does I hope it uses the system I described
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5