Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

How Much do you think Scorpio will cost?

OP iTz Bullz i

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
And don't forget my fellow Spartans/Sangheilies that if you really want to enjoy the games on Xbox Scorpio (or just simply Scorpio?..dunno) you have to buy 4K TV.
I will pick it up with the release of Halo 6. It will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 bills.
And don't forget my fellow Spartans/Sangheilies that if you really want to enjoy the games on Xbox Scorpio (or just simply Scorpio?..dunno) you have to buy 4K TV.
I am a tree,not a human or sangheli bro
They said this is gonna be a Premium box which probably means close to $1K. The Xbox S is taking up the $299 to $499 range so I'm guessing Scorpio will probably take on the $599 to $799 range and topping off at $1200 for a full blown version.
If that is the case then I will switch to PC. Never built one before but I have seen youtube videos on it. With microsofts play anywhere push this might be the best time to switch because all future games will be on PC. It will probably cost less than the fast approaching shift to yearly upgrades like smart phones.
eviltedi wrote:
$550-600. I might. If there is a Halo themed one I will. It also depends on how well it incorporates VR and if Halo supports VR in the future.
This. I will but because if I remember correctly to you can sell your Xbox one for a Xbox S or Scorpio for 200$ off.
You can sell for Xbox S ? Thought that was Scorpio only. Can you get me a link for that please ?
I got an email from amazon offering me an amazon gift card if I upgraded my console and sold mine with them. This might be what he is talking about.
There's no concreate facts about the price of the Scorpio. But there was a really interesting comment from a Xbox big wig.

When he was asked about if the Scorpio would cost more than the PS4 Pro (more than £400) he said "Well, we haven't announced the price yet, so we'll see.". When asked to clarify the point he said "It will be an interesting discussion next time we chat!". Now this is far from evidence but it doesn't count out the possibility that it may cost £400 which would be pretty huge since the Scorpio seems like a pretty beefy machine.

Source

Am I going to buy it ? Maybe when I know more.
This is interesting. I hope microsoft learned that price of the console determines whether people buy it more than the persons preference. They might not have gotten their backsides handed to them had the xbox one been the same price as the PS4 to begin with.
Another good reason for me to consider switching to PC. Gaming is getting really expensive and we minimum wage college students are going to feel it.
If it has a halo exclusive to it, it better be damn cheap. I'm not selling my xbox and I'm not buying a new console less than two years after buying my One!
If it has a halo exclusive to it, it better be damn cheap. I'm not selling my xbox and I'm not buying a new console less than two years after buying my One!
The scorpio is an upgrade not a new generation. Only VR will be exclusive on the scorpio and I don't see halo being in VR anytime soon.
JohannDB wrote:
I am a tree,not a human or sangheli bro
Ohh...sorry, my mistake.
Judging by industry standards and what information we know, currently, I'd estimate around $799 to $899 USD.
They keep saying its a premium console so im guessing its going to be 500+
ALL THE MONEY
$550-600. I might. If there is a Halo themed one I will. It also depends on how well it incorporates VR and if Halo supports VR in the future.
This. I will but because if I remember correctly to you can sell your Xbox one for a Xbox S or Scorpio for 200$ off.
I don't believe they have hammered out the exact details, as this article mentions it will likely be up to the agreement retailers make with Microsoft.

Also, from the same article, which I'm not sure how accurate this is admittedly, as it seems to make a few contradictions throughout the article, more specifically in terms of if this is the last console that Microsoft will release, but it is an interesting read.

Link
Judging by industry standards and what information we know, currently, I'd estimate around $799 to $899 USD.
In Australian ticket price is $999 au dollors at the moment. your $799 to $899 will be close to what it will cost in the usa
The scorpio is an upgrade not a new generation. Only VR will be exclusive on the scorpio and I don't see halo being in VR anytime soon.
What differentiates "an upgrade" from a new generation? No exclusives? That's just called forwards compatability, which is a thing that these companies have never just really practiced properly in the past. But despite whatever the major console companies want to say, with Xbox Scorpio, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch announced, there's no better time to speak of a new console generation than now. The whole lack of emphasis on the new consoles just seems like a change in marketing strategies. The companies might have just finally woken up to the fact that wiping their userbase every few years and starting fresh isn't necessarily the most optimal strategy for selling games to as many people as possible.
That won't be true.
I don't care how much it will cost, as long as 343i "feels" it will be able to support the f splitscreen on the next Halo.
My wife and I were going to buy an xbox one just for Halo 5, but since it was announced without splitscreen we didn't bought either of them.
I suppose many people miss splitscreen too.
It will cost too much. Will I still buy it? Unfortunately yes.
From what I've seen, xbox one games will work on it. So there is that. I won't purchase till the new Halo comes out though. I only play a handful of games ect, need for speed and a few sports.
I'm assuming it'll be around $400-$500. Especially since it's coming out a year later and the hardware inside will have dropped in price significantly by then.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3