Forums / Community / General Discussion

How The Req System Can Be Better For Halo 6

OP Das FPS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Now I have been hearing the hate between the Req system for having armor, emblems and visors being unlocked in that certain way and sometimes needing luck to unlock the armor you want. On the opposite side people wanted Halo 5 to have the "Reach system" of unlocking the armor by credits. Now I do agree that it should of been that way, but that doesn't mean the Req system should be thrown out either way 343 had to do it anyway. Now the Req system is most likely coming back to Halo 6 without a doubt. What I'm trying to solve is why not have both, but at the same have it fair for the players.

My Idea:
1. Have Reqs only for vehicles, power weapons,assassinations, stances, and powerups only!
2. Armor, Visor, and emblems being bought by Req points. (Maybe not Emblems)
3. Have the armor such as Recon helmet for example bought for 10000 or more Req points at a certain level such as level 36 and such.
3a. Have the Mythic armor be 200,000 Req points at a certain level. ( Maybe level 90+)
4. Visors can be 15000 Req points at a certain level.
5. Have the Bronze, Silver, and Gold packs still the same, but again only for vehicles, weapons, assassinations, stances, and powerups.

Well those are my ideas that the Req system and the community wanting the "Reach System" can be combined and not being ditched out. Now this was an idea I made up so don't be dissing me about how its terrible. Its an idea that will most likely won't come true. I hope this can solve the hate between the Req system.
Also:
-Reduce the number of various shades of purple visors.
-Reduce the number of ridiculous looking armor skins
-Reduce the number of ridiculous looking armor sets (for example, Seeker and Tracer)
-Have the armor and helmet as one REQ card
-Change emblems back to being displayed on your armor and fully customizable, as well as not part of the REQ system
U know how it can be better?if it's not in halo 6 or don't have 80 variants of warthogs
U know how it can be better?if it's not in halo 6 or don't have 80 variants of warthogs
Lol yeah
Das FPS wrote:
Lol yeah
Scout warthogs with 7 variants is just wrong at most each should have 4and even that seems like alot
I believe that all cosmetics need to be put on a separate, reward-based system like the one Halo Reach and Halo 3 had in Halo 6. The only thing else I'd change is to fix the glaring bugs in the system and to restrict certain levels of REQs to certain packs. For example: Gold packs only contain ultra rare to legendary REQs, silver packs only contain uncommon to rare REQs, and bronze packs contain only common REQs. With that out of the way, I now want to share my dream customization system for Halo 6.
Emblems
All emblems are unlocked from the start, just like in previous games. You can select primary and background shapes, and have primary, secondary, and tertiary color options.
Armor Customization
Halo 6 should have a customization similar to that of Reach or 4. Players can customize their helmet, visor, chest, forearms, right shoulder, left shoulder, and legs. Players will unlock full sets of armor that they can mix and match to make their dream Spartan/Elite.
Number of Armors and How to Earn Them
There are 100 armors that players can earn via ranking up. If Halo 6 uses the 1-50 ranking system (which I hope it does), players will earn two sets of armor every time they rank up. In addition, each armor has two variants that can be earned by completing specific tasks (i.e., "kill 200 grunts in firefight). Unlike the variants in Halo 5, these ones will have added plates and other features that truly distinguish them from their base models. Also, some armors like Helljumper can be earned through completing arduous tasks, and players can earn the Mjolnir Mark IV for completing the game on legendary. This version of the Mark IV will look exactly like it did in Combat Evolved, but with whatever graphics Halo 6 uses (hopefully the lifelike graphics of Halo 2 Anniversary).
Stances and Assassinations
Stances and Assassinations will be earned through ranking up and completing achievements/commendations. Mythic ones can only be acquired via the latter.
Company Exclusives
Exclusive cosmetics for Spartan Companies will be in Halo 6, but will be MUCH easier to earn than Achilles to prevent (or at least reduce) the potential for farming.
Other
As always, players can customize their service tag, gender, and color. Playable Elites will also be an option,with the same amount of armors and customization as a Spartan.
I believe that all cosmetics need to be put on a separate, reward-based system like the one Halo Reach and Halo 3 had in Halo 6. The only thing else I'd change is to fix the glaring bugs in the system and to restrict certain levels of REQs to certain packs. For example: Gold packs only contain ultra rare to legendary REQs, silver packs only contain uncommon to rare REQs, and bronze packs contain only common REQs. With that out of the way, I now want to share my dream customization system for Halo 6.
Emblems
All emblems are unlocked from the start, just like in previous games. You can select primary and background shapes, and have primary, secondary, and tertiary color options.
Armor Customization
Halo 6 should have a customization similar to that of Reach or 4. Players can customize their helmet, visor, chest, forearms, right shoulder, left shoulder, and legs. Players will unlock full sets of armor that they can mix and match to make their dream Spartan/Elite.
Number of Armors and How to Earn Them
There are 100 armors that players can earn via ranking up. If Halo 6 uses the 1-50 ranking system (which I hope it does), players will earn two sets of armor every time they rank up. In addition, each armor has two variants that can be earned by completing specific tasks (i.e., "kill 200 grunts in firefight). Unlike the variants in Halo 5, these ones will have added plates and other features that truly distinguish them from their base models. Also, some armors like Helljumper can be earned through completing arduous tasks, and players can earn the Mjolnir Mark IV for completing the game on legendary. This version of the Mark IV will look exactly like it did in Combat Evolved, but with whatever graphics Halo 6 uses (hopefully the lifelike graphics of Halo 2 Anniversary).
Stances and Assassinations
Stances and Assassinations will be earned through ranking up and completing achievements/commendations. Mythic ones can only be acquired via the latter.
Company Exclusives
Exclusive cosmetics for Spartan Companies will be in Halo 6, but will be MUCH easier to earn than Achilles to prevent (or at least reduce) the potential for farming.
Other
As always, players can customize their service tag, gender, and color. Playable Elites will also be an option,with the same amount of armors and customization as a Spartan.
Now with this I agree but at the same time I do not want the Req system to be left out
Das FPS wrote:
Now with this I agree but at the same time I do not want the Req system to be left out
The REQ system won't be left out though. The customization would just be on a different system.
Das FPS wrote:
The REQ system won't be left out though. The customization would just be on a different system.
Yeah I agree, but I think if players grind Arena and Warzone they can earn Req points to buy armor at a certain level, which would be cool to buy req packs and armor as a choice.
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Yeah I agree, but I think if players grind Arena and Warzone they can earn Req points to buy armor at a certain level, which would be cool to buy req packs and armor as a choice.
You mean like in Reach? That could work, too. Perhaps the armor variants could be unlocked like that.
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
You mean like in Reach? That could work, too. Perhaps the armor variants could be unlocked like that.
Yeah pretty much. It would sort of solve the problem between the armor being in Reqs and the "Reach system"
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Yeah pretty much. It would sort of solve the problem between the armor being in Reqs and the "Reach system"
It would be a compromise between those who like cosmetics in the REQ system and those who don't.
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
It would be a compromise between those who like cosmetics in the REQ system and those who don't.
True, but assassinations and stances can be unlocked to make the people grind for them more. Its an idea
Das FPS wrote:
Lol yeah
Scout warthogs with 7 variants is just wrong at most each should have 4and even that seems like alot
Each vehicle only needs three variants at the most. With Halo 5 all UNSC vehicles aside from the Wasp have seven or eight and only a couple play differently from their base counterparts.
Das FPS wrote:
Lol yeah
Each vehicle only needs three variants at the most. With Halo 5 all UNSC vehicles aside from the Wasp have seven or eight and only a couple play differently from their base counterparts.
Yeah 343 needs to slow the tone of 50 types of warthogs
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Lol yeah
Yeah 343 needs to slow the tone of 50 types of warthogs
"Back in my day, we only had one kind of Warthog! You had two if you were lucky and got the PC version!"
Das FPS wrote:
Lol yeah
ONI warthog,regular warthog,Hannibal warthog, those would also be the variants for all other UNSC vehicles,could have made actual substantial reqs instead of 8 scout warthogs and 3 boltshots and supressors
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
True, but assassinations and stances can be unlocked to make the people grind for them more. Its an idea
Grinding is what keeps people coming back, so i'm all for it.
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Yeah but is grinding something that should be in a Halo game?halo isn't destiny it's not an rpg
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Das FPS wrote:
Yeah but is grinding something that should be in a Halo game?halo isn't destiny it's not an rpg
For req points
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2