Forums / Community / General Discussion

How to improve Customization

OP Forged Yami

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My main gripe with Halo 5 armor is that it looks too pristine. Halo Reach I feel gets so much praise because the armor looked worn and not like it was polished with cleaner. All the armor should look worn and not shiny.
Another aspect is the randomness of acquiring armor. Though I assume that is to sell more micro-transactions so I don't see that going anywhere. I liked Halo 3 where armor was locked behind achievements, but Halo reach is the next best thing in my opinion. Random loot crates = worst. Makes me not even want to bother trying to unlcok things since I make no progress towards it.
I think these are great ideas of customization, but I do have one thing to say. I don't think the armor needs to look Reach gritty. When you look at all the Halo's, no game is as worn as reach... None of them.

To me, I think a story reason is valid as to why the armor is cleaner, Humanity was the big kid in the universe pre-Halo 5. In reach they were using what ever they could get, they couldn't take the time to repair armor or even bother to clean it, humanity was losing fast and nothing but fighting mattered. By Halo 4, that is not an issue, humanity could solely grow and become better technologically. they could actually clean and fix things, they had the power and resources.

It makes sense for armor to look the way it does in reach because of when its taking place, it doesn't make sense for a newer stronger humanity to look that way. But with the Creative having disabling most tech, reverting to older things would make sense.

If a Halo game took place in the 2540's (the middle of the war) having gritty dirty armor with ammo packs would make sense, but in a time where humanity was the superpower with new tech, I don't think so.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2