Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

[Locked] How to make Halo 6 Absolutely Amazing (wishlist)

OP Neprex

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
I know this is long but please take the time to read it

Greetings everyone. I'm sure it is in everybody's best interest for Halo 6 to be an utterly fantastic gaming experience. And to help make that happen, 343 needs to know exactly what we want. I've seen many posts on the subject of different things to add to Halo 5, but I thought we should comprise everything into one massive list. Feel free to add your own ideas on features we need to have in Halo 6, and maybe some that could be added into Halo 5. NOTE: Some of the ideas listed may not be in Microsoft's best interest as they eliminate micro transactions. If you guys have any ideas on how that could be remedied feel free to add those as well. Many of the ideas put forward will not effect micro transactions though, and are simply on how to improve the game as a whole. Here are all the ideas we've come up with, please give your opinions on why or why not something should or shouldn't be in this list.

SPLITSCREEN

COMPLETE GAME AT LAUNCH

CLASSIC ART STYLE WITH NEW GRAPHICS
- Halo 2 Anniversary managed to maintain the classic Halo art style while also have gorgeous new graphics

PROGRESSION
- A progressive ranking system similar to the one in Halo Reach. Military Ranks instead of numbers. (General Grade 2 sounds much cooler than "126")
- Commendations that take longer to max out. Some of the commendations in Halo 5 took about a week.

CUSTOMIZATION
- Way more customization options for our Spartans than just helmet, visor, and armor. Once again similar to Reach and also 4: helmet, visor, body, left and right shoulders, wrists, legs, and under suit. (Also bring back the Space Diapers from older Halos)
- Playable Elites as well as customisable Elite armor
- Less Armour sets. A lot of the sets in 5 were, unnecessary, redundant, and just plain ugly. We need quality over quantity. I want to be able to tell what my opponent is wearing as we engage
- Bring back emblems on armor
- Possibly weapon skins with personal emblems on them
- Armor that needs to be earned by progression in the game. I want to feel a sense of pride when I wear a legendary helmet because I know that I put in all that work to get it, and didn't unlock it by random chance in my third Req Pack. Bring back the purchasing armor with credits system from Halo Reach
- Have armors that require achievements like the vidmaster ones for Recon in Halo 3, not armors that require kill commendations as a company. No one likes farming
- Bring back classic style ODST armor
- Skull on the Orbital visor
- Emblem Shapes and backgrounds, not just colors

CAMPAIGN
- A Campaign that doesn't require much, if any, expanded material to understand. The characters should be introduced to us in game, not in a book.
- A much more gripping and interesting story. Add some grey area, some more controversy. It needs to be exciting, make the players care about the characters
- Give the characters more definitive personalities
- More Master Chief
- Boss fights (More than just warden over and over, have some variety. Think Prophet of Regret, Tartarus, Scarabs)
- More diverse levels
- An armor set only unlockable by completing the campaign on legendary. This gives more incentive for people to put in the time as they get a reward
- Longer story
- Terminals and more Easter Eggs
- Brutes and drones
- Scarabs

THEATER MODE
- Campaign theater mode
- Theater mode that actually works and isn't full of bugs

FORGE
- Keep doing what you're doing, forge in Halo 5 is great
- AI in Forge
- Forge World

GAMEPLAY
- Remove Spartan Charge
- Ability to use stabilization jets without smart scoping

- More game modes and playlists online: Classic Playlist (no armor abilities or sprint, classic weapons and maps) Oddball, KOTH, Race, Husky Raid, Ricochet, Team Action Sack playlist, Invasion, Snipers, Social Slayer, and Social FFA (which allows more than a single spartan in a fireteam at a time
- BTB maps made by 343 and not only community maps. Although some community maps are pretty cool, it's nice to have them as well as official 343 maps. They're so much more aesthetically pleasing
- Separate Warzone playlists for single players and large fireteams. Have solo players go up alongside and against other solo players, and have huge fireteams only face off against one another. This helps prevent one fireteam from going into Warzone and dominating everyone in an unranked playlist.
- If Warzone Firefight returns make it a little more balanced
- A playlist for custom game types made by the community. Many people would love to play these cool game modes but don't have a group of people to play them with. Basically take the modes from The343Favorites and put them into a playlist, similar to Action Sack
- Cater a little more to the non competitive players. Halo 5 was strongly focused on competitiveness, which is fine, but we should have a little more non competitive stuff for more casual gamers

- Ability to play custom games offline
- Forge offline
-Theater offline

WEAPONS AND VEHICLES
- Hornet and/or Falcon
- Chopper
- Brute Shot
- Sticky Detonator
- Flame Thrower
- Make the Warthog Great again: The Warthog in Halo 5 was disappointingly weak, it feels as though it is made of paper. It should take a few rockets to take it down, not battle rifle shots. Allow the passenger to be in first person like in Halo CE, Allow the chaingun to fire longer before overheating.
- Dual Wielding small weapons as a warzone req, ie: Req level 8, dual SMGs
- Troop Transport Hog, no turret on the back, instead can seat 2 more Spartans
- Promethean Vehicles

USER INTERFACE
- Massive UI Overhaul: easier to find armor, loads quickly and always, easy to navigate, visually pleasing, not full of glitches.
- A UI that allows us to see more than just emblems. The UI in Reach was awesome. We could see our opponents' and allies' Spartans (and elites), emblems, ranks, and go over their stats. It's awesome to be able to see the armor of everyone before the game. It gives people an idea of what they're up against, and it's fun to look at while waiting for the game to load.

I'll make edits to this as you guys reply and give more ideas or explain why an idea shouldn't be there. Let's make this a perfect wish list for our next Halo Game. Thanks everyone. #MakeHaloGreatAgain

Check out this thread by MasterAndChief. They bring up some excellent points and ideas as well for Halo 6

Edit: Wow, this post got a lot more responses than I was expecting, thank you to everyone for your replies and contributions, I will continue to read them all and make adjustments to my list. You guys are awesome.

CHECK THIS OUT: Dead1ift has put forward a fantastic idea on how we can have the old way of unlocking armor by progression and also have req packs. Check it out here
reach style odst needs to make a return
Why is master chief a man, why can't he be woman, a woman would be just as capable at doing the things that master chief does but she could do it better! Women are objectified in this game, just look at the over sexing they have done with Cortana in the new games.
And don't get me started on the multi player announcer, we all know a women would sound way better saying "Overkill!"
da crusty wrote:
Why is master chief a man, why can't he be woman, a woman would be just as capable at doing the things that master chief does but she could do it better! Women are objectified in this game, just look at the over sexing they have done with Cortana in the new games.
And don't get me started on the multi player announcer, we all know a women would sound way better saying "Overkill!"
0_0 k.
i hope ODST gets a bigger part in Halo 6
well you said it all but ill just say what I would like to see...

1. split screen
  2. playable elites
  3. better campaign
  4. the halo art style not 343s halo's 1-reach
  5. a complete game at launch
  6. more new/old game modes
  7. a classic playlist
  8. more master chief
  9. a ranking system similar to reach
  10. make armour not earnable in REQ system bring back meaning to unlocking an amour set or amour peices
  11. no more amour sets amour pieces like reach for both Spartans and elites
  12. more 343 made maps+community made maps
  13. firefight either 1
  14. don't put solo players against a full team
  15. more assassinations both campaign and multiplayer especially for elites in MP
  16. bring back terminals
  17. a new engine
  18. community made warzone maps
  19. Ai in forge because halo's 5 forge is amazing
  20. AND FOR NUMBER 20 IS more Easter eggs :)
if 343 can do all of this they saved the halo franchise and made halo great again

#MakeHaloGreatAgain #BelieveIn343 #BringBackPlayableElites

1. split screen
  2. playable elites
  3. better campaign
  7. a classic playlist
  8. more master chief
  10. make armour not earnable in REQ system bring back meaning to unlocking an amour set or amour peices
  13. firefight either 1
  15. more assassinations both campaign and multiplayer especially for elites in MP
  16. bring back terminals
  17. a new engine
if 343 can do all of this they saved the halo franchise and made halo great again

Bunch of great ideas, will add them to my original post
Neprex wrote:

1. split screen
  2. playable elites
  3. better campaign
  7. a classic playlist
  8. more master chief
  13. firefight either 1
  16. bring back terminals
  17. a new engine

wow extensive
Neprex wrote:

1. split screen
  2. playable elites
  3. better campaign
  7. a classic playlist
  8. more master chief
  13. firefight either 1
  16. bring back terminals
  17. a new engine

cheers 🍻
ZuIis wrote:
Neprex wrote:

1. split screen
  2. playable elites
  3. better campaign
  7. a classic playlist
  8. more master chief
  13. firefight either 1
  16. bring back terminals
  17. a new engine

wow extensive
well if 343 wants to make halo great again halo 6 needs all of my ideas or at least most of them
Personally I would like a armor/requisition certification unlock system like halo reach's. Where you save up cr through the ranks and buy the armor/certifications that YOU WANT when you acquire the pre-requisites. Not this random unlock bs that's going on now. What's the point of making all of/ unlocking a bunch of (imo) ugly armor sets/mediocre certifications if a majority of people won't wear/ use them? How many people do you see walking around with the foehammer armor on? What if someone has a majority of the battle rifle certifications but, primarily uses the dmr?

In Reach we could save up for/buy the armor that we wanted to buy. Just make the more appealing armor super expensive, so not a lot of people can have it unless they put in the time and save up for it. There's no need to put in 200 armor permutations if a majority of the population is only going to wear 75 of them, that's excessive af. There's no need to put a bunch of half -Yoinked!- weapon/vehicle skins in the game if nobody is going to use them. What's the point of having 10 different skins of a mongoose? Let us choose if we'd rather want a wasp or a banshee certification at lets say......brigadier general.

Essentially cr in Halo 5 is your time and all that you can do with your time is gamble it away, hoping that you'll get something good. In Halo 6 let us choose what armor, helmets, visors, weapon attachments, weapon skins, vehicle certs and emblems that WE want. I would also like to point out that the req unlock system IS good. Keep starting off everybody with a pistol and assault rifle and we can unlock the better equipment as the game goes on.
What do we want? BRUTE ARMAMENTS! When do we want them? NOW!!!

(i mean the brute shot, the chopper mostly but yea... I want them now)
Please God let theRe be splitscreen.
What do we want? BRUTE ARMAMENTS! When do we want them? NOW!!!

(i mean the brute shot, the chopper mostly but yea... I want them now)
Will add. Thanks a bunch
Very good thread OP! I hope this thread gets the attention and traction it deserves so 343 will see it!
#MakeHaloGreatAgain
Very good thread OP! I hope this thread gets the attention and traction it deserves so 343 will see it!
#MakeHaloGreatAgain
Thanks. Yours is pretty great too. Good points that I'd also like to see happen in Halo 6. Glad yours is getting attention. Thanks for the support.
Neprex wrote:
#MakeHaloGreatAgain
Thanks. Yours is pretty great too. Good points that I'd also like to see happen in Halo 6. Glad yours is getting attention. Thanks for the support.
Thank you! Took a long time to write mine haha but I want all threads like yours and mine to get attention as they all are different voices of the same opinion! You post gives all fantastic suggestions (really like the one about a complete game at launch with DLC actually adding in NEW content XD ), mine was mostly just pointing out how to much has changed for the worst. I really do miss campaign theater and especially coop :( Also I would like to suggest a better UI similar to the one in Halo Reach :)
Classic ff
Classic gametypes
Better designed helmets and armor
Actual developer made btb maps
Brutes
Drones
Flood
Scarabs/lich's
Less focus on competitive gameplay,halo 5 catered to basically only pro's
BETTER CAMPAIGN
Remove spartan charge
Ditch the req system

1. split screen
  2. playable elites
  3. better campaign
  7. a classic playlist
  8. more master chief
  13. firefight either 1
  16. bring back terminals
  17. a new engine

My only 2 gripes are u saying a ranking system similar to reach which Imo was bad because u could win or lose and eventually get the highest rank, and a classic playlist,I think u need a few classic playlists not just one
This is my wishlist
- Reach UI
- Invasion
- cool maps like spire
- i really like the idea of bringing back military grades as well
and all the things that you guys have said :)

nice post btw :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8