Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

How to make Halo 6's campaign the best yet

OP Arc Trooper 48

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
what i would suggest is throw an occasional classic song when an epic moment happens.
Yes in the music part of my list (#7), I said to have more warthog themes. I forget what the classic version of the song is called (it's called "this glittering band" in halo 2A), but we also need more of that and "a walk in the woods" themes.
hmm the song impart from halo 2a would be a nice throwback since the flood might be in halo 6.
I'd rather they just got rid of the squad mechanic altogether. I didn't find them all that helpful and it's annoying when they end up glitched on something. Other than that, I agree with your points.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
1. Fire REDACTED. He has proven multiples times that he can't write Halo, or write in general. If you believe LNG's leaks, halo 5's story wasn't his fault. It actually sounded a lot more interesting.2.Only Chief. Locke had his chance, and failed as a character that people like. Sideline him in the story. I'd sideline the rest of Osiris, but not Locke. He was more of a character than CE Chief IMO. He just needs more time to develop.3.Get rid of walking missions. Have talking in cutscenes, action in the gameplay. I'm torn. They can be really cool, but also fail miserably. I've had a few ideas on how to fix them and I might edit it into my post.4.Actually characterize characters. That's more of a story complaint. My thread was mainly about gameplay, but I might do a story one later.
Responded in bold.
1. Fire REDACTED. He has proven multiples times that he can't write Halo, or write in general. If you believe LNG's leaks, halo 5's story wasn't his fault. It actually sounded a lot more interesting.2.Only Chief. Locke had his chance, and failed as a character that people like. Sideline him in the story. I'd sideline the rest of Osiris, but not Locke. He was more of a character than CE Chief IMO. He just needs more time to develop.3.Get rid of walking missions. Have talking in cutscenes, action in the gameplay. I'm torn. They can be really cool, but also fail miserably. I've had a few ideas on how to fix them and I might edit it into my post.4.Actually characterize characters. That's more of a story complaint. My thread was mainly about gameplay, but I might do a story one later.
Responded in bold.
Oh sorry, I guess most of my responses were story related.
For gameplay, bring back older mechanics, get rid of sprint. I'm fine with a faster game, they could increase the characters Base Movement Speed.Walking missions can be interesting, but maybe they could mix them in with a normal mission. Don't pad the mission count with them, it's basically false advertising.
Give the levels sandboxes. Nothing more fun in Halo than loading up a warthog with marines or co-op players and messing around in an open space, like Silent Cartographer or Tsavo Highway.
Responded in bold.
Oh sorry, I guess most of my responses were story related.
For gameplay, bring back older mechanics, get rid of sprint. I'm fine with a faster game, they could increase the characters Base Movement Speed.Walking missions can be interesting, but maybe they could mix them in with a normal mission. Don't pad the mission count with them, it's basically false advertising.
Give the levels sandboxes. Nothing more fun in Halo than loading up a warthog with marines or co-op players and messing around in an open space, like Silent Cartographer or Tsavo Highway.
What's wrong with sprint in the campaign? It doesn't break anything.
Yah I don't like how the non-combat zones are just kinda filler.
Agreed on your last paragraph. In my OP, I said to have a nice mix of big open levels and more linear levels.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2