Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

How was your first encounter against the floods?

OP obilitrax1

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I fell in love with this beautiful saga with Halo 4 and it did not take long to be able to play Halo ce.
Since Halo 4 was the first I played, I only knew the covenat and the promethean, my surprise was great when the floods appeared in mission 343 guilty spark.
While playing the library mission I thought he was playing a Halo ce mod, but after watching some videos on youtuber he confirmed that he was playing the original.

¿How was your first contact with these space zombies?
It was probably 2003 or 2004 and I was playing CE on one of my parent's, roommates' xbox while they were at work. I saw this game and popped the disc in at around 2 in the morning since nobody was home. Did this a little each night and I was hooked. Then I reached 343 Guilty and like halfway through the level my poor little heart jumped out of my chest when these little poppers started swarming me.

I think I quit playing video games for about a week when that happened.
10/10 would traumatize myself again.
i actually started seeing it as "bloby parasites" before i change it to anniversary graphic to see it more... realistic seeing the part of the head broken and the parasite inside the neck..... ye i actually just spooked out a bit. i played Halo ODST then Halo 4 THEN Halo Reach then Halo CE ik it messed up. its my dads fault for giving me such bad way
It was almost 14 years ago so I don't remember but I imagine that it was frustrating due to not knowing that plasma weapons worked best against them.
BIGB EC wrote:
It was almost 14 years ago so I don't remember but I imagine that it was frustrating due to not knowing that plasma weapons worked best against them.
I was today years old when I discovered plasma as the best damage for them...

I specifically remember my brother and I playing co-op where we would carefully shoot the arms off the basic humanoid ones. We called them "buddies" by they could no longer hurt us and just jumped around.
JustLizzi wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
It was almost 14 years ago so I don't remember but I imagine that it was frustrating due to not knowing that plasma weapons worked best against them.
I was today years old when I discovered plasma as the best damage for them...

I specifically remember my brother and I playing co-op where we would carefully shoot the arms off the basic humanoid ones. We called them "buddies" by they could no longer hurt us and just jumped around.
I loved doing that!!

I was just a little kid when I first played CE at a friend's house. The flood scared the crap out of me, and shooting off the arms and having them run up to you harmless I thought was the funniest thing as a kid.
I started playing Halo: Combat Evolved in 2004 before Halo 2's release. I was 4 years old, and to this day the Flood make my anxiety spike lmao
I didn't understand what was going on, it said press A on the cutscene so I accidentally skipped it the first time.
I'm a bit sad, because I actually can't remember what I thought when I first saw them. I know it was in Halo 2, back when I was maybe 7 or so in 05', so my memory is very hazy from back then. But I remember I absolutely loved them, thought it was so cool that you were fighting space zombies that you could literally blow apart. I loved zombie movies when I was a kid so it was just so amazing to have it in a video game, when before it was games like Goldeneye or Mario Cart... very much lacking zombies. I do remember after Halo 3 came out though I was looking at the combat forms in 2 and really liked them a lot more than Halo 3's, it was much more creepy and gory compared to the new model, and I thought that matched them more for the "zombie" thing. I still kinda like the models to this day actually, they are much more "horror" themed compared to the CE and 3 models and I like that for them.
I think it went real well i mean it was sort of like a zombie apocolypse for me as i was just a kid at the time but all the action was pretty awesome with me and my friends just chaos everywhere.
I started playing Halo: Combat Evolved in 2004 before Halo 2's release. I was 4 years old, and to this day the Flood make my anxiety spike lmao
I remember being a little paranoid for a few days after playing Sacred Icon. Lol
JustLizzi wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
It was almost 14 years ago so I don't remember but I imagine that it was frustrating due to not knowing that plasma weapons worked best against them.
I was today years old when I discovered plasma as the best damage for them...

I specifically remember my brother and I playing co-op where we would carefully shoot the arms off the basic humanoid ones. We called them "buddies" by they could no longer hurt us and just jumped around.
so cute
I started with Halo 3 so I was very confused as to why they showed up and why it was so bad…besides the fact that they were basically the undead.
It was quit long ago. Remember to wait until my dad came from work to play 343 Guilty Spark and the first night after fight against them, have nightmares jajaja. Was pretty great, I was terrified for the infection forms.
Even if I love the flood from Halo CE, it's the enemy I less steem. I preffer Prometheans over the Flood 'cause in Halo 2 were to damn anoying as Halo 3 when it commited self-death and you can't kill them or the Elite combat form that was too hard to kill with the shields on.
bungie or 343 are we talking about.
When Halo 3 went free with Xbox Live I blitz through the game till the first Flood encounter. It reminded me a lot of Dead Space as you could carefully bust off their limbs, or at least their arms for a tactical advantage. After killing a few I was pretty surprised by how nasty they looked, especially after getting a close up of the Human flood as their face is pretty twisted up. Weakening non-flood enemies and letting the Flood convert them is pretty fun, and the same goes for punching in the heads of the Human infected. Halo 3's flood are still the most fun enemy to fight in the series.
The flood for when it was introduced was hands down the scariest part of any game ever
obilitrax1 wrote:
I fell in love with this beautiful saga with Halo 4 and it did not take long to be able to play Halo ce.
Since Halo 4 was the first I played, I only knew the covenat and the promethean, my surprise was great when the floods appeared in mission 343 guilty spark.
While playing the library mission I thought he was playing a Halo ce mod, but after watching some videos on youtuber he confirmed that he was playing the original.

¿How was your first contact with these space zombies?
Same as my case, I played 4 first in 2018 and started playing ce on pc just a month ago. Guilty spark was worst mission I ever played
My initial experience of the Flood was not too bad - this was while playing on Normal difficulty. After I switched to Heroic and Legendary difficulty? Levels such as The Library were... frustrating to say the least.
Well you know terrifying
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2