Forums / Community / General Discussion

How would you feel if Halo 6 had wallrunning?

OP AXELNZ

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
please don't.
It would be cool, but it would be too much like Titan fall if that hapens
wall runing whud be grate to have in halo map creators can make cool littel pocets
That does make sense considering that mag boots are now canonically part of the GEN2 MJOLNIR armor as a feature that can be toggled. Wallrunning would be cool to see in Halo 6 as a thing you can use to move around the levels every now and then in the campaign on applicable surfaces that would work with mag boots, but just leave it there and d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ never expand on it by bringing it to multiplayer. The same way you couldn't use mag boots and Artemis in multiplayer. Just my thoughts.
It might be fun... or it will turn into another Spartan Charge which would be depressing.
Actually I thought it would be cool to have Artemis in multiplayer mode
I don't like the idea of wall running. To be honest, I'm just not looking forward to mastering one more way to move. I feel like sprinting, jumping, boosting, clamber, spartan charge, ground pound, and smart link hover is enough. Adding one more to the mix will feel awkward. I also think that wall running will do funny things to map design. In implementation, I feel like wall running will either feel like a gimmick, or drastically change how maps are built. Either maps are dedicated to it, or its never used and its forgotten.
I don't know how I would feel. It would be cool to wall run but it would also be game breaking.
AXELNZ wrote:
Be honest how would you feel about that?
If it has black ops type wall running,then no I wouldn't even play it
tsassi wrote:
Osqutin wrote:
tsassi wrote:
I'm really disappointed to see people going for this "I don't want CoD" and "Halofall" nonsense. It's as silly to dismiss mechanics based on current trends as it is to demand them for the same reason. Trends are just trends, and design decisions should be made independently of them based on what the mechanic has to offer to gameplay. Good design is timeless, and so is bad design. If wall running was an acceptable mechanic when it wasn't in mainstream games, it's an acceptable mechanic now. If you don't have good reasons for why Halo shouldn't have had wall running in 2004, you don't have good reasons why Halo shouldn't have it now.
That is true, it is dissapointing to see how 343i or M$ want to impliment these current "trendy" mechanics instead of focusing what makes Halo unique.
I don't think you read or understood what I said.
I misunderstood, I feel that 343 has been adding new things, just because they are popular in other AAA-games. Not because they would benefit Halos gameplay in my opinion. I do not find that the machanics themselves are bad, but that they do not add anything good in Halo.
never mind it would be to much alike to black ops 3
*flips table*
Richnj wrote:
hagorize wrote:
Richnj wrote:
I rather they removed all the other extra mobility options they've crammed in. Not add more.
Most of them provide no benefits to the game, or don't fit in with what was well established Halo gameplay.
Thrusters work fine. Everything else has to go, and we have to stop looking at the mainstream FPS games to get our ideas and additions for Halo.
Naqser wrote:
Depends on how long, New UT has a rather short run, works great as a "jumping platform", or "evade platform".
I don't see a really good reason to implement longer distance runs though, what exactly would their purpose be?
This is the kind of thinking I'm talking about. Instead of good ideas like this. Where 343i could be testing a 'wall jump' mechanic to give extra options and movement (without drastically changing gameplay and map design) we instead have clamber and we are now talking about Wall Running.
Let's stop acting like "evolving" Halo is only done through coping the mainstream. We need to evolve Halo in its own right, by adding mechanics and features that work well with the franchise.
(2)Halo needs to evolve. These are super soldiers. The beginning sequence in halo 5 shows how a spartan should move. I wouldn't mind a short wall run but nothing like titan fall. (5)Parkour (I don't know how to spell it) would be a nice little addition for like barricades. No sprint, chamber or (1)thrusters would be a huge step backwards. I've been playing halo since Ce first came out and (3)I hate going back to earlier games. So much slower and it doesn't make sense. (4)Naomi could jump on top of buildings so why can't our Spartans?
1) I said thruster is fine.

2) I said Halo needs to evolve

3) No sprint doesn't translate to slow. You can create fast gameplay without having to add in mechanics of other shooters. It's a limited way of looking at game design.

4) Spartans can go prone, as wel as a whole laundry list of other things. But just because you can do something in lore does not mean it's good for the gameplay.

Much of your argument uses fallacies to argue against my post. You need to expand on things like "Halo needs to evolve" and do so without acting like I argued Halo needs to stay the exact same as say, Halo 3. We need to argue what each mechanic brings to the gameplay, and ask if there are move efficient ways of achieving the same goal (exp: sprint vs upping the base movement - wall Jump vs clamber). When argued logically it actually turns out that everything added to Halo 5 (except thrusters) is pointless.

5) There are plenty of games that provide parkour experiences. Why shoehorn it in to a series that was never designed to be that kind of game?. This is the kind of thinking that has made FPSes more generic over the years.
I see what you are saying, but I still think the way the spartan 4s move now Is as close to how they should move as possible. Sprint, thrusters and chamber are great. As it comes to mobility mechanics I don't want anything to change right now. I have always wondered why my spartan didn't move like in the books.i think that should be the goal.
cod in halo. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.
I don't think I would like it. It works in Titanfall because the Pilot gameplay needs to be fast and vertical to keep up with the Titans. In Halo it would probably be slow and boring just make the maps a lot harder to design.
No I don't think it would work in halo. Titanfall and COD both have it and I just don't think it would fit in halo
Wouldn't like it at all this is halo not Cod...
I will quit Halo and I can be proud to say; Hey, I was right - 343 is blowing Halo up
I would welcome that mechanic with open arms, but I can guarantee that a lot of people would start comparing Halo to Warframe or Titanfall.
AXELNZ wrote:
Be honest how would you feel about that?
If it has black ops type wall running,then no I wouldn't even play it
So true
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15