Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

How would you react if Disney bought Halo from MS?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Disney is quickly becoming the biggest media conglomerate, buying everything up left and right. Hypothetically, if Disney wanted to buy Halo from Microsoft and Microsoft agreed, how would you react? Of course, realistically, Microsoft will never give Halo up, as it's their baby, their biggest IP that sells their console.
This would be a terrible idea!
Bring on the Disney empire. I'm here for it.
With the acquisition of Fox's assets, doesn't the government have to get involved to ensure that Disney doesn't have too much power?
With the acquisition of Fox's assets, doesn't the government have to get involved to ensure that Disney doesn't have too much power?
If you're turning this political, I'm locking it.
If you're turning this political, I'm locking it.
Nah, nah, I'm not turning it political. If I remember, a certain organization can't have such a monopoly in a certain market that this deal has to go through some agency (I think FCC) to make sure this is cool. Don't worry man, not trying to turn this political, keeping it on the entertainment :)
Well then we're screwed though i don't care
DR2D20 wrote:
Well then we're screwed though i don't care
XD lolz
As long as they dont recon the books,but that wouldnt most likely work with the Halo universe anyway.
As long as they dont recon the books,but that wouldnt most likely work with the Halo universe anyway.
Adapt the novels! :D
My thoughts exactly. I think it would make things very interesting
I would honestly think we would see something similar to what they did to star wars, basically making the expanded universe non canon and making their own canon. Now Disney focus's mostly on movies, so we could possibly see a shift of Halo movies being the focus and Video Games being secondary (this is a bit far fetched, I mean its unlikely Disney would want a Franchise that's primarily a Video Game.) but for another far fetched one just do a Halo, Star Wars cross over.
I would honestly think we would see something similar to what they did to star wars, basically making the expanded universe non canon and making their own canon. Now Disney focus's mostly on movies, so we could possibly see a shift of Halo movies being the focus and Video Games being secondary (this is a bit far fetched, I mean its unlikely Disney would want a Franchise that's primarily a Video Game.) but for another far fetched one just do a Halo, Star Wars cross over.
lolz that's true
Would this make Cortana a Disney princess? I'm ready for a Disney style animated Halo movie with plenty of songs to sing along to.
lolz that's true
yeah, well for the origonal question I would be very worried, first of all Disney would lisence other publishers to have their developers do the game (like what they did with starwars to EA.) so for this sake they license Microsoft for them to continue to publish halo games. now for why im worried is because like I said EU becoming non canon,
Hmm, Disney character weapon skins?

Maybe we would actually get the Halo movie that's been floating around for years.
Over my dead body
Over my dead body
That's the idea. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.
Considering how they ruined star wars i would be pissed
Considering how they ruined star wars i would be pissed
It's subjective to think if they've ruined Star Wars. I love The Force Awakens and like both Rogue One and The Last Jedi. Plus, the prequels were far worse.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7